Support For Tony

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Support For Tony

Post by Julian.B »

Julian.B wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:36 am
altiplano wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:28 am
RightPlaceWrongTime wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:32 pm Honest question here. Would a DFR (Duty of Fair Representation) case hold water when it comes to said MEC members? While we have pilots on reduced blocks and 600 pilots on furlough I have a hard time understanding how these elected officials are properly representing the membership while working 95 hours in the month of June. We have a serious accountabilty problem festering within ACPA.

When will it be time it gets dealt with?
It isn't a DFR issue.

It's a hypocritical, tone deaf representation issue in YVR.

Someone in YVR should head up a recall petition... otherwise you've got 2.5 years to go with one, and 1.5 years to go with the other. That will take us through the next reopener in 2023, and I expect to see a full blown new 10 year+ deal negotiated at that time and rammed through the MEC by YVR/YWG/YUL... all afraid of big bad Toronto base getting more flying so they're motivated to knee cap the entire contract for shiny bobbles and WB promises.

Altiplano,

I agree with you 100%. It seems that most unions play the "fear card", saying "If you don't do this, we'll be way worse off than before". Us Canadians have a weak appetite for fear and discomfort. We like to be safe, in (perceived) control and live our life big, dumb and happy. Shaving a little bit at a time from our standard of living is completely acceptable to a large percentage.
---------- ADS -----------

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

I guess you guys better move on and find a better job and a better union since you have figured out the next 15 years.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:13 pm I guess you guys better move on and find a better job and a better union since you have figured out the next 15 years.
That won't happen in Canada. Air Canada is the best this country has to offer. Sad... I know (and I'm comparing it with Delta, United, KLM, Lufthansa, Finnair, Scandinavian Airlines, etc. not Ryanair or some other bullshit low cost carrier).

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

For those who are still commenting support for Tony, his bullying tactics, and overall toxicity, I would like to point out that his account appears to have been removed from this website.

His posts:
search.php?author_id=74254&sr=posts

His profile:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=74254

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:18 am For those who are still commenting support for Tony, his bullying tactics, and overall toxicity, I would like to point out that his account appears to have been removed from this website.

His posts:

His profile:
It's so messed up that you guys reached that point (Tony vs ACPA) and for taking this fight on a crap forum such as AVCANADA, where everyone is venting their frustrations anonymously, me included. I believe he was bullied, 100%, but I also think he should not have brought this into the public forum. It should have been dealt in private (internal union, company, etc).

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:24 am
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:18 am For those who are still commenting support for Tony, his bullying tactics, and overall toxicity, I would like to point out that his account appears to have been removed from this website.

His posts:

His profile:
It's so messed up that you guys reached that point (Tony vs ACPA) and for taking this fight on a crap forum such as AVCANADA, where everyone is venting their frustrations anonymously, me included. I believe he was bullied, 100%, but I also think he should not have brought this into the public forum. It should have been dealt in private (internal union, company, etc).
I have no stake in his battle with ACPA. I pointed out to him that while he is claiming that people are defaming him, he had posted at least two videos of himself being an asshole while on video chat with the union.

When he proceeded to tell me that I was defaming him and posted veiled threats of a lawsuit, I stood up to him.

I have no idea whether he has a legitimate case or not against ACPA, but based on his comments and the judgement from the arbitrator in November 2020 (https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/cala/doc/2 ... 96909.html), I have come to my own conclusion that he is a toxic person who is bullying others to try to get his way.

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:42 am

His posts:

His profile:
I have no stake in his battle with ACPA. I pointed out to him that while he is claiming that people are defaming him, he had posted at least two videos of himself being an asshole while on video chat with the union.

When he proceeded to tell me that I was defaming him and posted veiled threats of a lawsuit, I stood up to him.

I have no idea whether he has a legitimate case or not against ACPA, but based on his comments and the judgement from the arbitrator in November 2020 (https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/cala/doc/2 ... 96909.html), I have come to my own conclusion that he is a toxic person who is bullying others to try to get his way.
Neither do I. I don't work for AC, nor do I have any plan to. I agree with you. It was not dealt with it properly.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Julian.B wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:25 am
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:42 am

Neither do I. I don't work for AC, nor do I have any plan to. I agree with you. It was not dealt with it properly.
I'm sorry, I had interpreted your comment in a different way than it seems you intended it.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

I think Tony had a brain injury a few years ago and is suffering from Combat related PTSD.

Its too bad he isn't taking the help offered to him by many. This guy needs help but is unwilling to accept it.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:13 pm I guess you guys better move on and find a better job and a better union since you have figured out the next 15 years.
Lt. Dan - haven't you been promoted yet as the official Baghdad Bob of ACPA?

Even the real Baghdad Bob eventually got out of Iraq

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

Montroyal wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:19 pm
Lt. Dan - haven't you been promoted yet as the official Baghdad Bob of ACPA?

Even the real Baghdad Bob eventually got out of Iraq
Hahahaha! I literally spilled my beer over my keyboard reading that!

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

once you guys have done all your b!tching and your laughing maybe you should do a little reading....

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... ns/274241/

"My information was correct, but my interpretations were not," he explained.

But in retrospect, the opposite seems truer. Sahaf had bad information, sure, but several of his more ludicrous predictions have since come true--some in the ways he meant, and, more chillingly, some in ways no one (else) could have foreseen.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:47 pm
SeaBat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:53 am The unfortunate thing about this for Tony is that, had he not been so proud of his actions and broadcast it to the world, his career might not be in jeopardy. I cannot imagine anyone would hire him after a reference check with Air Canada.
It's comments like this that make me even more concerned. "notwhoyouthinkIam" is obviously very invested in this case - possibly someone from the union... I don't know. But, only a person with less-than-good intentions would post something so unprofessional.
I won't be able to convince you otherwise, and honestly, it doesn't matter to me.

But for the record, I have no association with Air Canada or ACPA.

My investment in this situation is that I pointed out a flaw in Tony's logic and he then began to tell me that I was defaming him. I don't appreciate people who bully others.
IF you have NO association with Air Canada or ACPA then you have exposed yourself as an armchair participant. Your virtue signals have failed to attract a rescue team to support you ! Why are you even trying to sell snow?

You don't know Tony and the likes of you cower behind your smug assumptions while stealing food from the fridge.In other words you are smart ass who has no place on this thread. I've known Tony for years and he is a damn good human being and excellent pilot with more knowledge and ethics than you present.

Sadly the old school man / woman who cared about their team is no longer viable in the world of me first. Pilots have been reduced and crushed down to button pushing robots who only say yes and accept the most ridiculous demeaning contracts just to get to play with a joystick. Tony fought for us and fought for the pilots. He is a legend. Now cancel out culture and get your woke ass outs here.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Cappo1 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:56 am IF you have NO association with Air Canada or ACPA then you have exposed yourself as an armchair participant. Your virtue signals have failed to attract a rescue team to support you ! Why are you even trying to sell snow?

You don't know Tony and the likes of you cower behind your smug assumptions while stealing food from the fridge.In other words you are smart ass who has no place on this thread. I've known Tony for years and he is a damn good human being and excellent pilot with more knowledge and ethics than you present.

Sadly the old school man / woman who cared about their team is no longer viable in the world of me first. Pilots have been reduced and crushed down to button pushing robots who only say yes and accept the most ridiculous demeaning contracts just to get to play with a joystick. Tony fought for us and fought for the pilots. He is a legend. Now cancel out culture and get your woke ass outs here.
May I offer you a tissue to dry your tears?

Julian.B
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Julian.B »

Cappo1 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:56 am

It's comments like this that make me even more concerned. "notwhoyouthinkIam" is obviously very invested in this case - possibly someone from the union... I don't know. But, only a person with less-than-good intentions would post something so unprofessional.
I won't be able to convince you otherwise, and honestly, it doesn't matter to me.

My investment in this situation is that I pointed out a flaw in Tony's logic and he then began to tell me that I was defaming him. I don't appreciate people who bully others.
IF you have NO association with Air Canada or ACPA then you have exposed yourself as an armchair participant. Your virtue signals have failed to attract a rescue team to support you ! Why are you even trying to sell snow?

It may be true what you're saying about Tony being a good man and good pilot. We don't know know him, however because he made this public, on AVCANADA, I don't see why we can't comment. It's tough sometimes to understand a problem that we know very little about. We can only go by what we're seeing, and personally, I'm seeing "dirty laundry washed in public", or how does that saying go?

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

“ He is a legend”

Unfortunately like some legends he overstayed his welcome.

Hopefully he can retire soon and enjoy his days without worrying about lawyers and lawsuits and union workers.

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

I have never met the gentleman, spoke on the phone with him once over a Company/Pilot issue and he was fantastic. Friends that know him well describe him as incredibly smart and capable, good enough for me.

I do know he did have a life altering health event and wish him nothing but the best.

Cheers

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Cappo1 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:56 am

Your virtue signals have failed to attract a rescue team to support you !
This comment hasn't aged well.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Ok so the guy is( and has been) on medical leave(GDIP) for several years and is close to retirement. He will just medical out at age 65. Why on earth is he stirring the pot like this when his golden years are within reach? Like take the golden handshake and enjoy retirement?

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

hithere wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:20 pm Ok so the guy is( and has been) on medical leave(GDIP) for several years and is close to retirement. He will just medical out at age 65. Why on earth is he stirring the pot like this when his golden years are within reach? Like take the golden handshake and enjoy retirement?
He hasn’t read the book “the art of not giving a @#$!” yet maybe? He cares?

Return to “Air Canada”