Unruly Passengers . . . and the Industry's Response?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Unruly Passengers . . . and the Industry's Response?

Post by Stu Pidasso »

There was a time passengers dressed up for Air Travel and were on their best behavior. Then along came Low Cost Carriers who took people out of the Greyhound Bus depot and put them on Airplanes. Next up was Ultra Low Cost Carriers that cleaned out skid row.

We now have a population that believes the airfare between LAX and LGA should be less than the cab fare to the Airport. Spend 5 minutes on Youtube watching the circus and you can pinpoint the demographic.

Not many in a suit and tie carrying a laptop.
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

So…one shouldn’t expect poor people to have good manners?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Well my last flight was yow -bos it took from 0430-2200 if I was able to drive across I would have. I spent most of that day in one line-up of another. It was an absolute shitshow. I actually prefer driving 7 hours to work than flying commercial

330heavy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 330heavy »

photofly wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:25 am So…one shouldn’t expect poor people to have good manners?
A common misconception. If anything it's the well off individuals who think they are entitled to private jet service. Luckily, I only had one disruptive pax event that warranted a police meet at the gate, and that individual, was the above aforementioned (maybe government type as it was an YOW flight).

Disclaimer - I grew up in a poor household, but was taught mannerisms, much more than what's common today.

Return to “Air Canada”