What type of headset for the RJ?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

What type of headset for the RJ?

Post by KAG »

I have to order a headset for the RJ. There are currently 2 kinds on the Jazzops website that they supply, and rumor has it some telix there not showing but will get all the same. What do you RJ drivers out there recommend?
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by KAG on Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
minni-me
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by minni-me »

I wore the Telex 750's for a year, and then went to Bose ANR. The CRJ cockpit gets really LOUD when you have a high air speed. The wind noise is excessive, and I like my ears working in full order, and hope they will for many years to come. Many guys I flew with on the RJ stuck with their trusty David Clamps.

Another option, though I found it un-comfortable, is the 750's with ear plugs underneath. A bunch of CRJ drivers do that as well.

I have no idea what the EMB 175/190 is like though, so if that is the RJ you mean, sorry for the waste of space above.

:D

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

I think KAG is a newly hired Jazz guy and over there, correct me if I'm wrong but have a choice to order two models of noise cancelling Sennheiser headsets to choose from paid for by the company. So unlike us on the 175/190 we are still using for the most part our David Clarks because of the noise levels. And yes there were some of us on the CRJ years ago that wore the Telex 750 with earplugs and the volume levels cranked.

And for KAG my brother said get the 45 model as it will handle all noise cancelling duties for both the Dash and the CRJ.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

I've heard that too, but I've been told that there some telix models that they also will provide if asked. Correct me if I'm wrong...
And yes, it's the CRJ for Jazz.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Gurundu the Rat
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gurundu the Rat »

KAG, Definately get the sennheiser -25, I am very pleased with mine and don't even need to turn on the ANR (I did on the Dash though). I know of a lot of guys who got the -45 who are returning them and going for the -25.

Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Canoehead »

Hi KAG,
Welcome to Jazz- a great place to be.
WRT headsets from Jazz, the wait time is loooooooong. Bring your DC's!
Enjoy!

Jaques Strappe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Jaques Strappe »

If you don't like having a headset across your cranium, you could go to a moulded earpiece in one ear and an earplug in the other.

That is what I use on the Embraer which is also a noisy environment and it works fine. I can't stand wearing a headset.

How do those Sennheisers get power for the ANR? Is there a battery?

Standby for new atis message
TopRudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TopRudder »

Hello

Am I to understand that JAZZ provides you with a headset? Or do you have to buy one from their website? I would like clarification on this please.

It would be great if they did, but I don't think thats the case. Well let me know.

thanks

TR

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

TR

Jazz does buy and own the headsets, we just get to use them. If anything breaks, or it quits working we can exchange it for another.

The 25's and 45's run on battery power, which the pilot has to supply. A pair of AA's should last about 8 days of flying, provided that you turn the headset off at each station stop.

piggy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piggy »

My experience with the telex is it is fine on the-100/200. However , the SOP is high speed climb/descent on the 705 and the wind noise is very loud. The Telex is unsuitable for the 705. I also used the 45 when my 25 was getting fixed. The 25 gives the best protection. I used a plantronics- molded earpiece when I flew Boeings which worked ok(did not use a intercom) but I found unsuitable for the CRJ as it was difficult to control the volume. Get 2300 mha rechargable batteries at costco and the will last a long time.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Jazz provides you with a headset free of charge, but they are on back order.

As for those of you complaining about noise in the CRJ, you don't know what noise is! I flew an MU2 for 2500 hrs, and this is about the quitest plane I've flown! :D :D Also, the 705 is quieter than the 200, and the 200 quieter than the 100 by a long shot.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

even though the 200 is quite, I still suffered ear damage. ordered the -25A. How long is the wait???

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I've been waiting 4 months, no word yet.

chief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by chief »

Hey KAG. I was JUST in to see Janka. The started to arrive a couple days ago. I ordered mine back in the begining of december so mine should be in right away. I ordered the 15's as well.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

For all of you guys dying to see Janka, your luck has run out; she's moving to the Flt Standards & Trg out of CAE (still with Jazz though). Sorry about your poor luck. :D :D

chief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by chief »

Yeah there was a new person that she was training today

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

I knew there was a reason I was looking forward to sim...man she is a looker!!!

Sage
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Sage »

Spunky too! She handles all the pilots (and all our various job induced-attitudes) real well!

Scope. Not just a mouthwash.

Return to “Air Canada”