Jazz fleet plan

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Pratt
Rank 8
Rank 8

Jazz fleet plan

Post by Pratt »

From the recently published fleet plans for Jazz it looks like there will be hirng in the future, after the 100 or so on furlough are recalled that is:

Current operating aircraft March 31, 04: 91
Planned operating aircraft Dec 31, 04: 93
Planned operating aircraft Dec 31,05: 111
Planned operating aircraft Dec 31,06: 131
Planned operating aircraft Dec 31,07: 125

I believe that there is approx 10 pilots per aircraft, so you can do the math yourself to figure out how many new hires could be anticipated.
---------- ADS -----------

jackalope
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jackalope »

....and from the numbers portrayed here I take it they are planning layoffs between Dec '06 and '07?

Pratt
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt »

If you strictly take the a/c numbers to be a representative of the number of pilots that will be needed at that time, you are correct, or some could retire, go elsewhere etc.

Then again alot can happen between now and then, this is only the plan, things do tend to change as time goes along. :D

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

I'm guessing the furloughs will all be called back by 12-15 months from now.

Beaver Time
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Beaver Time »

I wouldn't put too much into that. AC hasn't followed a 5 year plan for more than a year without changing. I personally think the plan is determined with a chicken and an axe!!! :lol: Those reductions are dash 8's being retired and there will probably be a few pilots retiring/ leaving too. Or they will just work short for awhile after the call backs are done. I could definitely use the cash!!! (and I'm doing some guy a favour because he won't have to quit a good job just to get laid off)

bentheredunthat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bentheredunthat »

There may be 100 or so on furlough, but there are also quite a number listed as "surplus" ( I think almost the same amount)

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Isn't the consensus that the majority of the furloughed guys have either caught on elsewhere or left aviation? I only knew 3 guys furloughed but none of them plan on returning. What is the expectation that guys will return?

Return to “Air Canada”