money

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

money

Post by tofo »

WTF fly there if not for money?

jazz pls respond
---------- ADS -----------

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

experience.
A shot at AC :lol:
To get on westjet.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
raven54
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by raven54 »

Do jazz guys who don't have the 1000pic still get on at westjet??

UNS1C
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UNS1C »

Why work here?

Let me see....

1) Passes to go anywhere in the world you want
2) Top health and dental package
3) Sked that does not change
4) Disability insurance to cover you for 5 years
5) With a couple years senoirty you can have 5 weeks vacation and basicly work half the year
6) After you get an upgrade (about 5-6 years for the new guys) you can make a 100K

I know its far from perfect and the starting pay is stupid but it is a good place to work depending on what you want in life.....IMHO

R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by R2000/1830 »

I have not worked at Jazz a long time so I wont say how much I love it because that may change and all jobs have shitty parts. This is my lowest paying job in aviation but the one that offers me the best lifestyle. My highest paying job was great but I was never home and had no schedule. Money is nice but Its not everything. If you got into aviation thinking you would be rich than someone tricked you. I got into aviation for the lifestyle, and it has gotten better with every job, the pay has not. The perfect job is the one that is perfect for you.

Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

Pretty much the same for myself.

In an nutshell it was a stepup from where I was working before. Better time and experience, Better schedule, lifestyle, benefits, pay (even thoug I was making more, long term, pay is Better a jazz than my last job.), a pension. and yes it opens more doors should I decide to go elsewhere. (except maybe AC :lol: )

There are better places, but there are worse places too.

neophyte
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neophyte »

UNS1C wrote:

Why work here?

Let me see....

2) Top health and dental package
3) Sked that does not change
4) Disability insurance to cover you for 5 years
5) With a couple years senoirty you can have 5 weeks vacation and basicly work half the year
6) After you get an upgrade (about 5-6 years for the new guys) you can make a 100K

Are you talking about WJ or AC?

UNS1C
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by UNS1C »

I am talking about Jazz....been there for 8 years...

Josh5
Rank 0
Rank 0

idiots

Post by Josh5 »

But seroiusly, why do you guys that bash Jazz take these jobs to start with, I'll tell you, you don't have the backbone to actually wait to see if the others will take you...If the industry was not in the upswing you may be singing a different tune..

F%^&* you all

qwert
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by qwert »

Well inflation has been going up 2-3 percent a year for the past 10 years and salaries have stayed the same or even decreased. You cant buy a house in any major city in Canada anymore unless you amortize over 200 years. Its sad when some people say " They cant afford thier job" Its a fuckin Paradox.

TAWS
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TAWS »

Josh5,

You sound like one of those guys that did their mainline interview and decided to put 8 months of their life on hold just to receive their PFO letter. You are probably now sitting at home and have decided that the PFO you received was the "good" one and are going to reapply 6 months later. Hold on to the "dream" man.

There are over 1500 of us here at Jazz...I guess all of who have no backbone, and because we don't share your vision of what the perfect job is, we are all told by you to go @#$! off.

Another well informed post by a Jazz know-it-all....

Keep waiting...with your attitude I'm sure you find the job that you truly deserve

superiorwhore
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by superiorwhore »

UNS1C wrote:Why work here?

Let me see....

Well if your seniority number holds up, I know a guy with 20+ years and got bumped a month ago.
[quote/]
yeah 5 weeks vacation once you've been there for 17+ years
[quote/]
I've flown with quite a few guys, and only about 3 are making 100+ and they've got 20+ years experience

Self respect for sale.
neophyte
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neophyte »

Go easy superiorwhore. UNS1C has been at Jazz for 8 years, haven't you heard?

qwert
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by qwert »

:lol:

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Superior whore, I'm not sure where you get your info from but let me set a few things straight.

Passes. Air Canada / Jazz has one of the best pass policies of any major airline around. I have 7 years seniority here, use my passes on a regular basis (I commute) and rarely get bumped. Yes it can happen to anyone but I will guarantee you that someone with 20yrs will be on the flight far more times than they will ever get bumped.

Vacation. After 4 yrs you will have 5 weeks of time off every year. (3 weeks vacation and 2 weeks of stat days) On top of that you will likely only be working 14-16 days in the months that you don't have vacation.

Pay. There are alot of guys making more than 100G. A 16yr captain will make over 100G if they work a full block and believe me there are alot of 16yr captains around.

If you don't want to come to Jazz thats fine, but if you are going to give reasons not to come please get your facts correct.

superiorwhore
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by superiorwhore »

bcflyer wrote:
If you don't want to come to Jazz thats fine, but if you are going to give reasons not to come please get your facts correct.

You must be talking mainline,

At Jazz a 16 year Capt is making $105 an hour, with the min guarantee of a 75 hour credit.

That works out to be 94, 500. Now if they do alot of WDO's than yes. The perdiems will also bring that up.

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines ... _jazz.html

If you don't want to believe that than turn to page, section 10-5 of your contract book and you will find the current pay rates at jazz.

Now if you are talking mainline than I apologize
Section 10 is the pay section which will break all that down for you

Self respect for sale.
Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

Keep in mind 75 hours is the MINIMUM guarantee. Block holders will get 80 hours easy. Which will bring it over 100K. Even with 80 hours. It is still possible to work 15 days a month.

Like I said in another forum. It is not a bad place. Certainly not the best, but not bad. For those that don't want to come here (or those who have a backbone :roll: )....... then don't. No one is twisting your arm.

As far as I am concerned the pay is the only bad thing about it. but that is just me.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

I'm quite well aquainted with the pay section of my contract thank you. I also well aware what a 16yr captain makes. What you don't seem to realize is that is that the majority of them are averaging 80-85 hrs/month (as opposed to the min guarantee that you quoted) which makes their pay right around 100k. If you want to throw in the odd WDO then that would put them well over that mark. (perdiems don't count as pay. They are simply there to ensure it doesn't cost you anything to be at work.)

Again you really should check your facts before you post these kind of things.

Oh and just for your info a 16yr captain at mainline would be making alot more than 100k!!!

swampie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by swampie »

Or you guys could come to WestJet and as a 3rd year FO make over $100 000 with some overtime included, and have another $100 000 in stock. Vacation in your first year, you don't have to wait a year as with Jazz.

Traf
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Traf »

... and live in Calgary or commute, have no pension, have no seniority based schedule even if you have been there for ever etc.... Just like Jazz, WJ is not the answer to everyone's perfect job.

Superiorwhore is just an idiot. He can't even do the math to figure out a block holders salary so how can we expect him to understand that there is more than just AC in this country and that some people, wether by choice or not, are working at Ja and are making a decent living doing it. My guess is he got turned down by the dream team and just some bitter pissant. Hey whore, open up your mouth again and get ready to swallow. Stick with your strong points bitch!!!!

Return to “Air Canada”