Jazz Take home pay

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Jazz Take home pay

Post by broompusher »

Is it possible during the first year at Jazz to take home $3,000/per month including perdiems and working the 2 overtime days per month?
---------- ADS -----------

WTF, over
Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Unlikely. Maybe some months with high credit WDO's.

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

WDO's?

WTF, over
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

WDO= Working Day Off

I get about $750 a month in Perdiems at Jazz. Thats the one spot they at least pay fairly well.

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

Is working the two overtime days a guarantee if you choose to do so or is it more of a 50/50 chance?

WTF, over
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I think you will end up with about $2800 take home first year incl. per diems, with no WDO's. FO WDO's are hard to come by. I work reserve and hardly work, so if I'm not working (a good thing), no one will be called on a WDO.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

I do 2 every month. In the spring there was one month I didn't get called at all. Usually you can count on doing 2 if your'e not choosy. That's the problem. If they call you for one that is 4.5 credit hours you should grab it because it might be youre only chance for overtime that month. Getting 2 a month that are 6 hrs each is more luck than good planning.

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

What does the overtime pay come out to if you work a WDO assuming 4.5 credit hours only (gross and take home)

WTF, over
Valcore
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Valcore »

Are you trying to say that you're leaving Sunwest already? Say it ain't so Broom.

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

I don't know what I'm going to be doing at this point, right now i'm trying to gather as much information as I can to make an informed decision. Obviously there are many things to consider, and I do not want to make any decision based on lack of or wrong information.

WTF, over
broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

broompusher wrote:What does the overtime pay come out to if you work a WDO assuming 4.5 credit hours only (gross and take home)
can anyone let me know?

WTF, over
Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Hourly rate is $35 x 1.5 x 4.5 (credit hrs)

Gross $236

or for a 6 hr WDO $315

Plus the per diems of course.

I haven't calculated the actual take home but most of my cheques are a few hundred higher than no overtime cheques. Plus you'll make an extra $50 - $100 in per diems.
The first few months in training can be rough. No overtime and crappy per diems depending on where your training takes place.
The first year flies by though and then you'll be raking in the huge dollars. :)

Rem
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rem »

You CAN'T count on WDO's. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Maybe some bases/equipment types have more WDO availability than others, but I put myself down every day I have off and the last one I got called for was in August. Someone said they get them all the time so maybe it's just the luck of the draw, who knows, just don't mortgage your house for it!

Rank 1
Rank 1

HI

Post by 998877 »

HI

Last edited by 998877 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: SMOKE AND MIRRORS FOLKS

Post by flyinhigh »

jmad wrote:the MONEY is the biggest joke in the industry......Apparently we are not professionals....We are with the likes of uneducated street sweepers or garbage men, or secretaries....You can make more money delivering Pizza....I make 950 every 2 weeks take home...650 on average/month food allowance...total bullshit....They wonder why there is a max EXODUS of F.O'S at Jazz....They say we have a PILOT SHORTAGE..in the industry...How ABOUT A SELF INFLICTED SHORTAGE BECAUSE JAZZ REFUSES TO PAY PROPER WAGES TO ITS MOST IMPORTANT RESOURSE, ITS DAMN PILOTS!!!!!!!!!THEY WOULD RATHER HIGHER KIDS THEN PAY US PROPERLY! NO ONE WILL COME TO JAZZ....THERE RIGHT THEY DO HAVE A SHORTAGE!!
Here we go again, Get over it

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

I've been told that an FO makes $70,000.00 a year in their 3rd year. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

zforzulu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zforzulu »

I can deny it.

z.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

atpilot wrote:I've been told that an FO makes $70,000.00 a year in their 3rd year. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
I'm in my 7th year and should make around 60 so there is no chance that someone in their 3rd yr will make 70k at Jazz.

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

Thanks for the responses.

Flaps 1 Billion
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Flaps 1 Billion »

Man I hope you guys really push for something in your new contract. I'm not a Jazz but I really do hope you get something good. You deserve it.

60 after 7 years just doesn't add up.

ho ho ho merry christmas

Return to “Air Canada”