what the @#$%

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

whoa
Rank 0
Rank 0

what the @#$%

Post by whoa »

Whats this I here Jazz guys are being called back in december? Anyone know any real truth to these call backs?
---------- ADS -----------

TTail
Rank 7
Rank 7

CRJ's and EMB's

Post by TTail »

might have something to do with the fact that Air Canada is giving Jazz all their CRJ's as Air Canada is gonna replace em with the Embraer's they ordered. Don't quote me on this though.

Hun IN the SUN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hun IN the SUN »

Its true

whoa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by whoa »

But does'nt December sound a little early to you. My sources say this info is coming from management. Anyone from Jazz want to comment on that.

Hun IN the SUN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hun IN the SUN »

thats true to

jazz rjs will be out west

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

I heard Toronto & YYC will be HUGE RJ bases...They can't get enought training people right now... and will be hiring BIG time soon. I heard 4 RJ's a month in the new year :shock: . So I'm not surprised Dec may be the call back time (and about half of them won't be coming back :D ). Hang on everybody!

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

hmm... also heard they're looking to layoff 130 MORE soon... so I guess i need to get better sources :shock: .

whoa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by whoa »

I think everyones forgeting the 150 surplus drivers they still have floating around in the system. And 4rj's a month. Dream on. These are the same guys who make skidoo's. I don't think there capable of making 4 pairs of snowshoes a month!!

oxygen on
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oxygen on »

It is 2 factory + 2 mainline CRJ 100s transfers per month.

Pratt
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt »

At this time there are 114 pilots still on furlough, that is down from the origional 140 or so that were laid off, not through recalls though. The lower number reflects those that have resigned as they have gone onto other companies.

As of right now there are none of the 114 being recalled, the next bid is due to be out in January '05, however there is talk that the company wants to put out another bid prior to that. I don't know if it is to change the crew numbers or if it has to do with pilot levels at the various bases where the new aircraft will be deployed. There is talk of some bases being downsized further and others increasing as the number of RJ's are increased.

There should be pilots recalled in the future, hopefully in '05, and if the fleet projections remain the same, there will also be new hiring in the future, I won't try to guess when that will happen though.

As far as more lay-offs, I certainly hope not, but you just never know until they publish the actual bids.

Return to “Air Canada”