BNN interview with Montie Brewer

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Prospect
Rank 2
Rank 2

BNN interview with Montie Brewer

Post by Prospect »

Montie Brewer is going to be interviewed on BNN on Monday at 7 PM. If you don't get that channel you should be able to download the interview a few hours after it airs.

How do you run an airline when fuel prices are rising faster than the planes? Howard Green puts the question to Air Canada president and chief executive officer Montie Brewer on The Business News.

7:00 PM ET/ 4:00 PM PT
---------- ADS -----------

Prospect
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: BNN interview with Montie Brewer

Post by Prospect »

Direct Link to the interview

It's 3:30 into the clip

http://watch.bnn.ca/the-business-news/j ... #clip65108

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by tonysoprano »

The lady that wants AC to expand internationally doesn't realize we don't have enough airplanes to satisfy her opinion. Doesn't help when Boeing sets you back on delivery of newer machines by a couple of years either. I do agree though that we stand the risk of being isolated while the rest merge in some way and expand overseas routes. Domestically, I found what Montie said about the pricing very interesting. Less than half (45%) go for the lowest price while the rest want all the frills. AC has some decisions to make. I still don't agree with nickel and diming. Our customers are different. We need to focus on that and not the hysteria of nickel and diming. Record setting load factors are proof that there are reasons for loyalty. Lufthansa does not nickel and dime and still nets 1Bil$$$ a year profit.

RB-211
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RB-211 »

Tony,

The carriers south of the border are partly to blame for ACs problem with luring premium traffic. This is of course where the $$$ is. The stigma that North American airline service is shite is alive and well. American carrier's poor management of their business model have cost them. Time for a cull me thinks.

AC may or may not come out on the winning end. Depends how the cards fall.

Time will tell.

P.S. Those carriers that are making a billion or two a year are watching their costs and nickel and diming where needed.

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by tonysoprano »

RB.
It's frustrating because we seem to be sitting on our hands while everyone else is making a move as far as overseas flying and our service has taken a real dip just to follow American mentalities.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

A close friend of mine did a Far East trip with Air Canada the other month and indications were the service(in flight) was second to none. This individual of whom I speak of has flown other"flag" carriers on the international front and said Air Canada has nothing to feel ashamed of :supz: :smt023

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by tonysoprano »

Good to hear Old fella but as employees who have been around a while, we can see a huge difference. Things never stay the same.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Tony.

Certainly don't want to be seen as old enough to heave some "aged" philosophy on ya as no doubt you have been around. But, I gotta say there continues to be "changes in attitudes, changes in latitudes". Always was, is now and always will be.

Your airline provides a good service at a reasonable cost. Most of the people in the back end of your B767/A320/A340/EM90 or whatever don't know diddly squat about aviation and care even less. It's "keep the thing right side up, pointed in the right direction, get me there on time and don't loose my baggage" that matters to us, bar none. Again, your airline and the competition are doing a relative good job. Your mind is fried on FMS/EFIS/ECAM - chill out old cock. It ain't that bad.

Drop down to the LBCO pick up a bottle of Chablis Grand Cru take it back to your wife/girlfriend and hopefully she will show you a weekend beyong your wildest imagination

:partyman: :rock: :heart: :smt003 :smt015

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by tonysoprano »

Drop down to the LBCO pick up a bottle of Chablis Grand Cru take it back to your wife/girlfriend and hopefully she will show you a weekend beyong your wildest imagination
You're amazing. Taking her to Europe this weekend for some wine sampling. I'll try to remember to enjoy the fine service on board too. 8)

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Well I am heading over to the Mediterranean for our 30th anniversary next year and plan to hit some well known “appellations” of the noble grapes. As for wild weekend…. It takes me all night to do what I was able to do all night - 30 yrs ago.
Please Christ and a bucket, Air Canada won’t lose our baggage. Keep me posted on the wine tasting.
Enjoy
OF.
:) :)

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by tonysoprano »

Ok buddy. Hey, who needs sex when the wine is noble? Well, ok, ok.

Return to “Air Canada”