Pass travel footwear

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Pass travel footwear

Post by tonysoprano »

I'd say your shoes are the least of your worries.
---------- ADS -----------

Red1
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Red1 »

Stupid shoes....

Driving out to the airport one day in Halifax to get back to Toronto to start a paring, in probably the worst snow storm of the year. Only to get on to the highway in a complete white out, and while on the way out, find out the airport is closed.. but can't turn around because it's probably the worst snow storm of the winter.. what was I thinking. Somehow make it to the airport with out going in the ditch, only to hit a small snow bank in the parking lot. Get out to dig myself out wearing my nice dress shoes... stupid i know.. but it was a crazy snow storm and I was happy to be alive. After getting myself out of the snow bank in now soaking wet dress shoes, changed into my sketchers (should have worn those first... but like I said I was really happy I was alive). Get to the AC check in counter, only to have the CSA give me grief about my shoes.. like there wasn't better things to worry about..like the worst snowstorm of the winter. Sat there all day and finally manged to make it out on the last flight out.. luckily no one noticed my shoes when I boarded.

The force will be with you, always
Dilbert Pickles
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dilbert Pickles »

What a fucking joke,

Is this conversation really still taking place? More proof how effed up this industry is. Jesus christ!

looproll
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by looproll »

Had a problem with a lady in Grande Prairie. Was dressed business casual but the shoes, even though they were nice, didn't meet her approval. Had to get a cab back into town and buy new shoes. Haven't worn them since then. All that just to ride a dash 8!

captainsweaty
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by captainsweaty »

It doesn't end at the shoes, My fiancee's "capri " style pants weren't ok with a YOW gate agent although she was in high heels... Bottom line, a great colleague said to me once, " if you want to travel in business, you'd better look business" .

Stick-Shaker
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stick-Shaker »

Hyster wrote:Guys, seriously, what is wrong with your airline (AC). I dread having to travel them when I come home, I started buying tickets on Westjet to avoid being treated like a piece of crap. How can you employees deal with it day in a day out. It drives me nuts and I only do it a few times a year. I feel like faxing the head agents a picture of my shoes to see if they find them acceptable before I buy.
tonysoprano wrote:I'd say your shoes are the least of your worries.
Too funny! That cracks me up.

If it ain't fried, it ain't chicken baby!

Return to “Air Canada”