Air Canada Interviews

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DBC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Air Canada Interviews

Post by DBC »

Be yourself, don't try to trick the computer on the psych test and you'll likely do fine. I couldn't think to recommend to tell someone to spend 400 dollars on some prep course when you would get the same info from any of your friends or acquaintances that have done an interview there in the past few years. That said I have no clue what the prep talks tells you what to do, but I felt that with all the info on here and how they have the interview set up, that I felt comfortable and prepared.
---------- ADS -----------

pizza__73
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pizza__73 »

Was that English? :rolleyes:

MeAndMrPenguin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MeAndMrPenguin »

COG Screen: There is info on the web. If you understand the test, you will be less stressed.

Psych test: Be honest...trying to answer what they want will screw you.

Intereview: Understand behavior based interviews. Practice a format for answering. Remember old stories. Forget stories that you do not want to finish. Practice...mock interview. Use a prep course. Make getting hired your mission.

Come up with 3 really good questions about the company. Do not use the standard boring crap.

Skyteam
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Skyteam »

Thanks for the info guys. Seems like when I try to research any info about the interview process all I get is people talking s**t about Air Canada, even on this thread.

any websites where you can practice mock cog tests?

MeAndMrPenguin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MeAndMrPenguin »

The Cog Test takes out very few people. It looks for latent brain problems. If you do fail, I believe you would get another crack. If you do fail, you may have a more serious problem. It was designed by the Russians to filter fighter pilots I believe. There is info out there. You can develop strategies and practice parts of it with flash cards.

As for the interview. Compile every question you can using behavior based interviewing web pages. Make them aviation specific. Have a couple stories for each. go through your log book and wirite down all the stories you can think of. Don't be scared to tell stories where you made a mistake and learned. Use this acronym, as short answers will get little or no points.

S - ituation

Describe the situation.

T - ask

Describe the task that had to be completed.

A - ction

Describe the actions taken.

R - emark

Make remarks and describe what you learned.

Feel free to inject personality. Some answers could be 3-5 minutes long. Erase stories from your mind that may paint you badly.

Use the acronym and you will less likely get lost. I still use it when my wife is grilling me...

BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

The cog test is the MMPI-2. Look into it just so you'll know what to expect. Cheers.

Sea2Sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sea2Sky »

No, the MMPI-2 is a type psych test. If you spend too much time trying to "beat" it, you're likely going to psych yourself out and get an inconclusive result.

Why's it doing that? No, THAT!
BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

I didn't say try to "beat it", whatever that means. But it's nice to go in there knowing what to expect. People say don't think and just answer it quickly but that's not entirely correct. Should take about 15 seconds a question and stay in the same mindset the whole time for consistency. Good luck.

ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ywg9 »

hey guys just wondering if you get the email for an iterview and cant make any of the dates they offer is will they give you dates in teh next round if interviews or are you back in the resume pool waiting.

Mclovin
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mclovin »

ywg9 wrote:hey guys just wondering if you get the email for an iterview and cant make any of the dates they offer is will they give you dates in teh next round if interviews or are you back in the resume pool waiting.

Did you get an interview invite?

following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
groundtoflightdeck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by groundtoflightdeck »

I'm sure they'd make it work. The people working in pilot hiring are very friendly and understanding.

PC12flyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PC12flyer »

I had to move mine they were very accomodating. Moved it right away.

ywg9
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ywg9 »

Yea i finally got that long awaited email very excited. But it seems i am not able to make the interview dates. they did give me a couple other days but I cant make those either this month so I wonder if they would be able to push it to Jan

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

For those that interviewed over the past couple months:

How long to call for medical/PFO?

Anyone PFO'd after the medical?

Druzba
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Druzba »

I interviewed in late October, called just under four weeks later, medical the next day and an offer just under a week after that.

FrankieW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FrankieW »

Hey guys/girls

I did an interview about a year ago and, unfortunately, got the 6 month PFO. I'm really hoping to get another crack at it and just wondering if anyone knows what the odds are of getting another one only one year after doing an interview. Do they generally wait longer before you get another try? Cheers

N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

Frankie,

I had an interview in 2007 and recieved a PFO (the good kind). I haven't heard from them since nor do I know of anyone else with a PFO that has been called back in the last year.
Anyone else?

ddiggler
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ddiggler »

What would the bad pfo say different than the good one. I don't know if mine is in the first or second category.

BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

Please apply again in six months = Good
Good luck in your aviation career = Bad

FrankieW
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FrankieW »

Thanks for the responses guys. I knida figured that's the way it would be. They probably have a gazillion resumes on file, so I'm sure they can do a lot of interviews before diving into the reject pile :)

Return to “Air Canada”