Air Canada Interviews

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FlyFlyAway
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Air Canada Interviews

Post by FlyFlyAway »

It is good to hear that Air Canada is still hiring pilots. If that is the case, does anyone know when the next pilot class will start? This post seemed more active I'm the past with knowledge of up and coming courses. Good luck to all who are being interviewed.
---------- ADS -----------

victorious secrets
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by victorious secrets »

The next course that I know of is June 4th.

jamboni
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jamboni »

For those hoping for a second chance, I was invited back for another try after waiting about a year and a half.

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Companies providing interview coaching

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

For those who are interested, there are at least two companies that are providing coaching for AC and other interviews....

http://professionalpilotinterviews.ca

and

http://pilotcareercentre.ca

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Companies providing interview coaching

Post by chipmunk »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote:For those who are interested, there are at least two companies that are providing coaching for AC and other interviews....

http://professionalpilotinterviews.ca

and

http://pilotcareercentre.ca

I had a friend who was called for an interview a few weeks ago, and she was very specifically told NOT to do an interview prep course.

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

At the bottom of the letter inviting candidates to an interview :

**Please Note**
We are aware that coaching programs are being offered by third party companies on Air Canada's pilot interview questions. Please be advised that Air Canada does not endorse any agencies that prepare candidates for our interviews. Candidates who arrive for an interview with prepared answers provided by such agencies are easily recognized and will be assessed accordingly. Interview questions are changed at regular intervals. Providing 'canned' answers will likely result in a poor assessment of your suitability as an Air Canada pilot.

Please reply at your earliest convenience,

yvrflyguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrflyguy »

Anyone who interviewed in the last week of april or first week of may gotten a call for a medical?

homer85
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by homer85 »

Any hiring coming up? Or is it on hold for now?

groundtoflightdeck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by groundtoflightdeck »

20 per month UFN. They would like to get 40/ month but the CA would need to settled so pilots can go elsewhere besides the EMJ or RPs.

dying2fly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dying2fly »

Does anyone have any contact information they can pass along (or can direct me to the right people)? I can't access my online profile and I'm not sure who to contact.

Feel free to PM if you wish.

Thanks.

Orbit51
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Orbit51 »

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.. just wanted to give everyone a quick review of my experience.

I interviewed May 22, 2012
5000 TT, 4000 Jet/glass cockpit, 1000 Pic. And 29 yrs old.

The interview was very cool and laid back. The people are very nice and very helpful.
I felt great about the cog test and answered as honestly as possible on the psych
Eval and behavioural exams.
The interview panel was the best part. Two retired captains did mine and they were a pleasure
To work with.

When i left the air canada training center i felt great about the whole process.
Unfortunately I was pfo'd about 4.5 weeks later.
But for those of you going to interview know that its a very laid back atmosphere and the people
Are amazing so don't stress.

Hope this helps and good luck guys!

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Why pay for an interview practice thing when you can just go to an internet airline interview site that has all the interview questions and stuff that you do including Big Red.

http://www.aviationinterviews.com/pilot/gouge.html

ram
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ram »

Is there an Aug G/S scheduled?

Thanks...

777LR
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 777LR »

Yup, August 13th. Calls go out 1 month to 3 weeks before start date.
They are planning on hiring 20/month until further notice. We should have the contract details in a few weeks.
Good luck! It has been a great experience so far!

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

Calls have started going out for Aug. 13th G/S. A buddy of mine got the call and instead PFO'd AC. Couldn't afford the pay cut. :shock:

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Dh8Classic wrote:Why pay for an interview practice thing when you can just go to an internet airline interview site that has all the interview questions and stuff that you do including Big Red.

http://www.aviationinterviews.com/pilot/gouge.html
Talked to a friend of mine who interviewed a while ago and those are the questions pretty much.

dash88
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dash88 »

DHC-1 what a dumbie your buddy is? Didnt know what the pay was going in?

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

dash88 wrote:DHC-1 what a dumbie your buddy is? Didnt know what the pay was going in?
He did know the salary going in, but He JUST got upgraded to the left seat, meaning he started the process with AC before he got the big raise. Now that he's in that new position and can afford the fancy mac n' cheese, it's hard to give it up.

He was also probably hoping the arbitration would be complete and he would know the new pay scale for new hires ($40,000 for first 4 years, rumoured) before he got the job offer, just as I am, which I think it pretty smart, no?

As a side note, I personally think they should stop hiring until the arbitration is finished. I told my interviewers that I am applying based on current WAWCON.. what happens if I accept a position but my date of hire is AFTER arbitration finishes? I was told I would then be under that new contract, which I currently have no clue how it could turn out. Don't offer any more classes at this critical time until this is all done and put to bed. People can then accept or turn down a job based on a known quantity rather than accepting the job and HOPING for the best but probably getting the worst.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

I heard that the first 2 year "salary" was going to be for the first 4 years however the actual monetary amount was going to be significantly higher. As someone who has completed his medical I am fairly anxious to see how it all plays out.

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lateralus »

ZBBYLW wrote:I heard that the first 2 year "salary" was going to be for the first 4 years however the actual monetary amount was going to be significantly higher. As someone who has completed his medical I am fairly anxious to see how it all plays out.
Interesting I just interviewed three weeks ago and was told that there will most likely be a pay raise for new hires but it would probably be minimal and they will most likely have to give up something in return like a longer position freeze. This is what I was told, will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Return to “Air Canada”