Air Canada Interviews

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Air Canada Interviews

Post by av8tor_assrope »

4000 tt
3500 multi
737 time
College
No second language

Was pfo'd a little over 6 weeks to the day of the interview. Had mixed feelings about the tests and the interview.

All the best to the guys up to bat next.
---------- ADS -----------

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

av8tor_assrope wrote:4000 tt
3500 multi
737 time
College
No second language

Was pfo'd a little over 6 weeks to the day of the interview. Had mixed feelings about the tests and the interview.

May be somebody tipped them off that you were Av8tor_assrope, :lol:

av8tor_assrope
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by av8tor_assrope »

nottellin wrote:
av8tor_assrope wrote:4000 tt
3500 multi
737 time
College
No second language

May be somebody tipped them off that you were Av8tor_assrope, :lol:
Didn't I just see you walking around the shopping mall in your pilot uniform, full hat and bars?

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

3700 TT, almost all 1900D
700 of that is PIC 1900D
no french
no post sec ed.

Got a course date. It's a crap shoot.

homer85
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by homer85 »

aV1aTOr wrote:3700 TT, almost all 1900D
700 of that is PIC 1900D
no french
no post sec ed.

Got a course date. It's a crap shoot.
Aug or Sept?

YWGGuy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by YWGGuy »

3000TT
1000 >12.5K
>1500 PIC
French
CAD program

Sept GS.

Good luck to the rest!

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

You guys/gals are nuts for wanting to come work here. Take a long hard look at what you are leaving because this place is probably the worst in Canada. Please take of the Air Canada dream glasses and seriously think about it. There are better companies to work for. Just trying to be honest and let you know that things here are not what they used to be and it will only get worse.
I would not recommend this place to any fellow pilot or even the profession for that matter.

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

WF9F wrote:You guys/gals are nuts for wanting to come work here. Take a long hard look at what you are leaving because this place is probably the worst in Canada. Please take of the Air Canada dream glasses and seriously think about it. There are better companies to work for. Just trying to be honest and let you know that things here are not what they used to be and it will only get worse.
I would not recommend this place to any fellow pilot or even the profession for that matter.
I don't know what you background is, but the next generation of pilots have really had to slog it out in the trenches to get a shot at AC or WJ. I agree it totally isn't what it was. But what it was didn't make money. Basically the pilot contracts of the past were great, but maybe too great.
I am not interested in selling myself short, but everything in the new CA is a step up for me. Pension, pay, schedule, options, they're all a major raise. Maybe if you and I switched jobs for a few months you would change your tune. No one is holding a gun to your head to stay at AC. And no one is holding a gun to mine to join.

Sept course.

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

BTW, I'm aware that the pilots contracts are not what is responsible for AC not making money. I'm just saying the contracts of the past are unrealistic in today's world. Get used to it. Everything else in the industry has changed.
And I agree there's better places to work. But when one of the big players calls, you go. I've seen too many colleagues wait around for the WJ call that never came.

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Av1ator,
Congrats and welcome on board. We have great people, we have good people, and we have people who live under a dark rain cloud. They look to stomp out enthusiasm and dreams. Fortunately they are few and far between ( except on aviation forums). There are challenges, but working at AC is all what you make of it. I left a great position to come to AC 6 years ago, and I have really enjoyed my time here, most of my coworkers, and even a few of the managers are OK. Don't let anyone knock your enthusiasm down. Again, welcome aboard.

winginit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by winginit »

Alright I'm really getting sick of the guys who come on here claiming they are "AC pilots" and telling new guys not to come to ac. It’s an anonymous forum. Are all you new guys really going to listen to a few guys who got told to go pound sand by the hiring board? or the guys who turn around and say "well ac pfo'd me, but boy am I glad they did looking back". Guess what boys its easy to say that when you didn’t have a choice to come here anyways.

To the guys who are listening to these morons who got pfo'd claiming to work it ill put it as simple as it gets. Air Canada isn't perfect, but no aviation job in Canada is. It's certainly the best aviation gig in Canada. I work here and times are changing...but the fact is if you don’t want to be here then leave, if you think you will make the money you can make at Air Canada elsewhere then let your ego lead your career.

Alright losers you may now pick apart my thread and try to find spelling mistakes and grammatical because you know the only way you can win is with this.......to the true ac pilots wearing their red lanyard we shall see you in the crew room with respect.

Now, back to my beer

Jimmy_Hoffa
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy_Hoffa »

winginit wrote:Alright I'm really getting sick of the guys who come on here claiming they are "AC pilots" and telling new guys not to come to ac. It’s an anonymous forum. Are all you new guys really going to listen to a few guys who got told to go pound sand by the hiring board? or the guys who turn around and say "well ac pfo'd me, but boy am I glad they did looking back". Guess what boys its easy to say that when you didn’t have a choice to come here anyways.

To the guys who are listening to these morons who got pfo'd claiming to work it ill put it as simple as it gets. Air Canada isn't perfect, but no aviation job in Canada is. It's certainly the best aviation gig in Canada. I work here and times are changing...but the fact is if you don’t want to be here then leave, if you think you will make the money you can make at Air Canada elsewhere then let your ego lead your career.

Alright losers you may now pick apart my thread and try to find spelling mistakes and grammatical because you know the only way you can win is with this.......to the true ac pilots wearing their red lanyard we shall see you in the crew room with respect.

Now, back to my beer

+1 And don't forget your "Black" Pen.

homer85
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by homer85 »

Well said guys, there has been too much discouragement and negativity on this forum. Times are changing, so will working conditions. We need to adapt but at the same time not be a door matt.... very fine line. Either way congrats to all those who are joining AC, you should be proud for achieving your goals. Remember if its not for you there is always an option to leave. All the best guys and gals.

September course.

doorhandle27
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by doorhandle27 »

Are you guys starting mid sept? Any word on a October course yet?

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

Sure its great here, come on over , you can figure it out for yourself.

Sea2Sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sea2Sky »

Sheesh... calme, calme....

First off, congrats on those going on course. If AC is a step up from wherever you're slogging it out, you'll have a great time here. Don't let negativity shadow your enthusiasm... an eager face in the ranks is always welcome. Congrats!

BUT....

A word to the wise.... There are a lot of people here who are making financial and quality-of-life sacrifices to try and improve the "great situation" for new hires that you think you're coming to. It's clear from your posts that you are very uninformed about everything that has gone into this contract, which is understandable, because you're probably seeing it all from the outside. All I'm saying is that from somebody who is giving up overtime and personal time to try to fight for a better deal for you, I respectfully suggest you don't come in the doors here and trumpet the "get over it" tune amongst us. The group here has sacrificed more than you can possibly understand for people they've haven't even met yet. Your dependance on our sacrifice will not end with this contract, and our apathy (or worse, blinding acceptance of what you think is the new reality) is your worst enemy.

I say this with respect, because the people on course after you are going to rely on your position inside the gates to ensure that they come to something even better than what you're going to get. It's about paying it forward, not sitting on our laurels talking about how good we have it while the next generation gets less. When the process fails, and the next generation gets screwed, I think it's a failure of that system. All you're being told is "fair warning, this isn't going to be the same company you applied to". That's all.

In any case, welcome! Hope to see you over a beer somewhere fun in the coming months!

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

Sea2sky, I respect and appreciate your opinion. I agree it is up to the current generation to ensure a great job for the next generation of AC pilots. From the 'next' generation: thank you for your efforts. They may seem in vain at times, but rest assured; AC is still a great opportunity for many of us. Under the new CA, everything is better than my current job. And I have several close friends at AC offering me the 'inside' perspective as well, including on the new CA. And those friends include 777 and 767 captains.
winginit & tailgunner, thanks for the encouragment! Us new hires may be feeling slight trepidation about some of the language in the new CA, but all in all we're excited to join! See you other new hires in Sept! :D

aV1aTOr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by aV1aTOr »

doorhandle27 wrote:Are you guys starting mid sept? Any word on a October course yet?
Was told there are Oct and Nov gs plans in the works, and a friend interviewed after calls went out for the Sept course....

bravowhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bravowhiskey »

Anyone called for sept? Anyone know the course date?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

bravowhiskey wrote:Anyone called for sept? Anyone know the course date?
September 10th.

Return to “Air Canada”