Air Canada Interviews

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

deltapapa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Canada Interviews

Post by deltapapa »

If it may help: sent AC a resume update in Feb 2011, and received an interview invite by email about 2 weeks later. I had been applying for quite some time - never got called before. Did the interview, then the medical in March. HR called my boss earlier this week. And now I'm waiting...
---------- ADS -----------

learcapt
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by learcapt »

I received a call from AC last week regarding one of my employees. I was told spring courses are cancelled and probably not taking her/him until the fall now.

contrails
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by contrails »

Any word on April Courses? Word from my employer is that she thinks April is the last course until the fall.

ihavecontrol
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ihavecontrol »

It looks like they are no longer accepting applications for the position of pilot on their website.

futboler14
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by futboler14 »

yup no longer accepting resumes or hiring

http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Air-Ca ... Air+Canada

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

The ACPA dissidents have been bad boys!

No more soup (hiring) for us! Pretty soon they'll be threatening to take away our shiny new planes too.

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

Oh yah, since crew sched has now been approved to offer 200% drafts there is obviously no need to hire any more pilots! :roll:

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

HavaJava wrote:Oh yah, since crew sched has now been approved to offer 200% drafts there is obviously no need to hire any more pilots! :roll:
I know you are probable being sarcastic but: It is not legal to accept a deal outside of the CBA. Crew sked can say ANYTHING to get you to do the flight but payroll will NOT honour the deal. Just say NO.

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

Not sure where I sit, but I just got an email asking to update my profile/application.

I applied last year when it opened up.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by scopiton »

I don't know where you sit either and i'd guess higher than me and I received the same email so I wouldn't give it much credit.
the updated questionaire gives you the new choice to check a box for aviation college attended and other details like that.
good luck however :wink:

ToolShed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ToolShed »

Looks like Air Canada is hiring Pilots again.

MackTheKnife
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MackTheKnife »

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would be applying to Air Canada right now. Have you not learned a thing reading these forums? What is being said is REAL. The posters here are not making this shit up just for something to do. If you are a sadist and like misery, then I guess you are applying to the right place.

For your own sake do your research and act accordingly before you commit to anything.

The Air Canada of today IS NOT the Air Canada of yesterday. It has been stated that some professors at the Rottman School of Management in Toronto use Air Canada as an example of what NOT to do. To make it worse, with ACPA as a union it has been nothing but downhill for the last 13 years. With all its internal strife and divisions it is probably the most dysfunctional place in the world to be as an Airline Pilot.

If my son wanted to be a pilot my recommendation would be GO WEST (jet) YOUNG MAN, GO WEST

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it !!!
buss
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by buss »

I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would be applying to Air Canada right now. Have you not learned a thing reading these forums? What is being said is REAL. The posters here are not making this shit up just for something to do. If you are a sadist and like misery, then I guess you are applying to the right place.

Give me a break.

This is my 7th Canadian company. It is by far the best. Good pay/benefits/schedule.
I check forums rarely due to the ignorant posts. Pretty much everyone I work with have never read these forums. Most entered flying for many reasons and are for the most part happy with their lot in life. I have yet to meet a pilot in misery. Make up your mind with facts and by talking to people you know and trust not by listening to possibly jaded/bitter or half in the bag posters.

Regards,
Buss

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I agree. Put an application into Air Canada for sure, but put 95% of your effort toward Westjet.

Since I'm at Air Canada I would wish it different, but the undeniable truth is that Westjet has a much brighter future by the looks of things. They unquestionably have better management.

This is also the advice I'm giving my kids if they insist on pursuing airline flying in Canada.

In this case the truth really does hurt.

snag
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by snag »

Rockie, if you hate your job so much, why are you trying so damn hard to stay here past 60?

No one is forcing anyone to apply here, or to stay here. As for me, I take the politics, and guys like Rockie with a big grain of salt, and yes, I love my job.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I don't hate my job. I love my job.

However that doesn't mean I switch off my brain and ignore deficiencies in my employer wrt working conditions, career aspirations, operational factors etc.

The temperary agreement Air Canada is attempting to get us to sign is bad for us, but not nearly as bad as it would be for anybody getting hired after. It means Westjet becomes the number one choice for airline flying in Canada based on working conditions, compensation, career advancement and long term stability.

Believe me I wish it wasn't that way, but I don't ignore reality, which since you brought it up is why my opinion on mandatory retirement is what it is. Had you read anything I've written on the subject you would know my objection is not based on my desire to stay past 60 (I'll make up my mind on that when I'm 59 1/2), but on my union's unrealistic and self-destructive handling of the issue.

Sea2Sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sea2Sky »

I understand that there's a need for a handful of people to air all our dirty laundry on these public forums, but can you at least limit it to threads of relevance? Nobody asked IF they should apply, they're asking questions about HOW. If you don't have any pertinent information, go embarass yourselves on the other threads you've monopolized. Not everybody wants to hear your views on FP60, mgt, TAs, etc. If they do, there are many other threads to hear your endless flow of opinion.

Sorry, potential new guys/gals! Not everybody at the company needs this much attention. Good luck to you!

Sheesh!

Why's it doing that? No, THAT!
Changes in Latitudes
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Changes in Latitudes »

Sea2Sky wrote:I understand that there's a need for a handful of people to air all our dirty laundry on these public forums, but can you at least limit it to threads of relevance? Nobody asked IF they should apply, they're asking questions about HOW. If you don't have any pertinent information, go embarass yourselves on the other threads you've monopolized. Not everybody wants to hear your views on FP60, mgt, TAs, etc. If they do, there are many other threads to hear your endless flow of opinion.

Sorry, potential new guys/gals! Not everybody at the company needs this much attention. Good luck to you!

Sheesh!
I respectfully disagree. This is definitely the place to be talking about it. A lot of people spend their entire careers chasing this position, and its best that they at least know what they are getting into, especially during the application process. Those getting through the door in the next little while may be in for a bit of a shock if what's being said even has a shred of truth.Things are changing fast with Air Canada and applicants would be doing themselves a strong disservice by not wanting "the straight goods" from those within.

Just to make it official: "Should I even apply?"

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

As often happens a thread winds its way around a subject as this one has done. Lots of people may be interested in some inside knowledge of what's going on with a company they are applying to. If you're not one of those people Sea2sky, you're welcome to not read it.

Your choice.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Changes in Latitudes wrote:Just to make it official: "Should I even apply?"
Absolutely. I commend your effort to learn more about the companies you are applying for.

Return to “Air Canada”