Air Canada Interviews

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada Interviews

Post by Dh8Classic »

Raven gets 120 grand a year for life. And people wonder why AC can't afford the pension plan. Multiply that by thousands of retirees over a decade.
---------- ADS -----------

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

Dh8Classic wrote:Raven gets 120 grand a year for life. And people wonder why AC can't afford the pension plan. Multiply that by thousands of retirees over a decade.
There are other factors why Air Canada is having pension plan issues right now. The biggest factor is the low discount rate. If the discount rate goes up by 2% the pension plan will be in surplus again. It is forecast to go up by 1% this year which will take a big chunk out of the deficit.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Fanblade wrote:Only pilots got a full DC pension.

One needs to realize that the most punitive back to work legislation the PC government drafted was not against a striking union. It was against a locked out union.

As Stanley said in his arbitration. The wording, which he weighed heavily, directed him to give the company what it wanted. He did. The company took full advantage.
Fanblade wrote:No matter who everyone wants to blame for the outcome. There is certainly lots of blame to go around. You can't loose sight of the fact that this government chose to collude with a private company to hammer an employee group. They tailored legislation to make it happen even when the group refused to strike.

The fact that pilots did worse than any other group is no coincidence. It was designed.
Every single pilot at Air Canada knows this is exactly what happened, and the geniuses running this company are so out of touch with reality they are now exhorting us to "row in the same direction" and bribing us with $20 Tim Horton's cards in the comically inept expectation that we will quickly forget how we've been treated.

We don't know whether to laugh or cry, so most are just angry and will remain so for a very, very, very long time.

Good job Calin and Steve.

jim_from_texas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jim_from_texas »

''$182.30 x 77.5 hrs = $14128.25 per month/$169539 per year for a 12th year LCC B767 Capt''

Someone please tell me that these numbers are off by at least $50000? Pathetic!!

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

jim_from_texas wrote:''$182.30 x 77.5 hrs = $14128.25 per month/$169539 per year for a 12th year LCC B767 Capt''

Someone please tell me that these numbers are off by at least $50000? Pathetic!!
Much worse. Only left seat time counts for pay increments. It is very doubtful there will be many, likely no 12 year left seat people who go to low cost.

Year 1 is 118/hr. Or 110k for a 67 CA. The likelihood is about 6-7 year EMJ CA's and less will fill the spots. (Based on the canceled bid). 130k-150k is probably more accurate.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Fanblade wrote:
jim_from_texas wrote:''$182.30 x 77.5 hrs = $14128.25 per month/$169539 per year for a 12th year LCC B767 Capt''

Much worse. Only left seat time counts for pay increments. It is very doubtful there will be many, likely no 12 year left seat people who go to low cost.

Year 1 is 118/hr. Or 110k for a 67 CA. The likelihood is about 6-7 year EMJ CA's and less will fill the spots. (Based on the canceled bid). 130k-150k is probably more accurate.
More accurate but still wrong.

Flyinghunter27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyinghunter27 »

Hey guys, just got the pool email this am. Just wondering how many other guys on here are in the pool awaiting a course date. And how many are in the pool and have not done a medical yet?

Thanks guys

penismightier
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by penismightier »

Flyinghunter27 wrote:Hey guys, just got the pool email this am. Just wondering how many other guys on here are in the pool awaiting a course date. And how many are in the pool and have not done a medical yet?

Thanks guys
I received the pool email a couple months ago, but that was after the medical. Have you not done a medical?

Flyinghunter27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyinghunter27 »

No medical yet, was told i was in a pool and waiting for new course dates where i will be given a medical and my file reviewed by hiring board again. Told that it will go by the date that you interviewed. so i was just interested to see if anyone one else got into the pool without a medical or how many were told they were in a pool.

Far
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Far »

What kind of experience are called for the interview right now ?

Flyinghunter27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyinghunter27 »

Not sure what there lookin for but i was around 3000TT in my last updated profile that they called me for an interview.

LTD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LTD »

Question to those that recently got the pool email:

Approx When did u guys interview? How long between interview and pool email?

Thx

FYI I interviewed with 3200TT a couple months ago, no news so far.

Flyinghunter27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyinghunter27 »

Hey, I interviewed on sept 18th, and it seems like they are just getting backed up. I received the email yesterday morning which was just over 8 weeks. I received this email oddly enough not from the initial contact that i had at AC. I had emailed my initial contact at the 8 week mark as that was what i was told in my interview. I just received an email this am from my initial contact saying that they are still reviewing files from september and that if i havent heard back within two weeks from now to contact again lol. so it seems like they are a little overwhelmed at the moment.

In the pool email it said they are gathering a pool of candidates but dont have course dates yet. so they are not going to be giving medicals until course dates have been solidified due to they expire in 6 months. It also said that they will be calling based on when you interviewed so the poeple waiting the longest will get a chance at the earliest course date. once the course date is chosen they will call you and book you a medical and your file will go back for review to the hiring board.

This is what I got from the emails..... hope that helps.

LTD- if you interviewed a few months ago, sounds like you interviewed around the same time i did so i would imagine you would hear something in the next week or two, my buddy didnt hear back till almost week 9.

Odysseus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Odysseus »

Got the pool email yesterday as well, I interviewed sept 20th. I am wondering how many of us are in this pool, and if they really intend on hiring us all or just delaying sending out the PFOs until they know how many new hires they need. Has anyone previously been placed in the pool only to be PFOed at a later date? The fact that they mention that the pre-employment medical is only valid for 6 months makes me think that it could be longer than that before we get a course date.

N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

Emailed for interview on July 25th.
Interviewed August 2nd.
Received the phone call for medical September 27th.
Medical completed October 9th.
Was informed via email that I am in the pool on October 12th.
Hoping for a ground school soon. Maybe in the new year?
5200 hours TT

I know someone that interviewed in July that also received the pool email. They started in the November 12th ground school.
Personally do not know of anyone that has received a pool email to be declined at a later date.

Flyinghunter27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flyinghunter27 »

It did make me wonder but to be honest im just happy im still in the hunt and that it wasnt a pfo now. I have a feeling that there are prob at least a course full of guys who have done a medical and sitting in the pool, if not more. Then there is us who are sitting in the pool without a medical, with according to the email are going to be guys added to the pool with more interviewing going on.

I think the next bid is coming out end of nov beginning of dec according to my uncle, so i guess we may get an idea of how many guys they may need at the start of 2013. Reading this forum also it would appear that the next few courses may also be hiring for the LCC and not AC, so who knows!?

Also rumors that a jan and feb/mar gs was in the works, but thats just a rumor.....

Just thankful im in the pool lol

flaps operator
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flaps operator »

I got the pool email aswell. I heard from a buddy of mine at AC that the current wait time appears to be 4 months from pool email to a course...as always, just a rumour, but at least its positive thinking ;) Seems up to par with what people are saying on the forum.

I interviewed on Sept. 25th...no jet time or 705 experience, must've had on a really nice suit.
From what I hear they are looking for personality and trainability over experience.

Best of luck to all! Guess I'll see some of you there!

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Congrats to all of you in the pool. Seems like crew planning is waiting for the dust to settle a bit right now. The last equipment bid was cancelled due to some of the new contract language which was proving to be unworkable. That is being sorted out by ACPA and AC at this time. There were also changes made to provisions in the contract related to pilots wishing to fly past 60, long story short, AC will have a better picture of its hiring requirements by the end of November. With all that said there will be another bid out towards the end of the month or early December, that will dictate the hiring requirements, the vacant positions are filled by new hires, and simulator availability will determine what is offered to each class.

BCRJDRIVER
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BCRJDRIVER »

I have an interview next week. Anyone done the interview lately who wouldn't mind given me a current gouge. I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

I finally found one!! Kind of. ATC.

:partyman:

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/Business/R ... sinesses/1

Ian Curtis, who grew up in Alberton, officially retired from a 23-year career as a policeman, and his wife Kathryn, from a career as an air traffic controller. They and their sons, Sean, 5, and James, 2, moved to Alberton two months prior to their retirement.

Kathryn admits the pressures of running a flower shop will be different than those she faced in air traffic control and said she is looking forward to the challenge.
While running a flower shop is new to Kathryn, she is drawing on the experience of employee Inga . who worked at the former Primrose Lane flower shop and made the floral arrangement for the Curtis’ wedding nine years ago. The new shop will be called Alberton Florist

Return to “Air Canada”