WAWCON and Pensions

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GRK
Rank 4
Rank 4

WAWCON and Pensions

Post by GRK »

Just a little thing to say here...there's a thread over on PPrune in which a poster asks about a poll from ACPA about retiree pensions (WAWCON) Is ACPA seriously asking whether or not its members are interested in subjecting the retired pilots to an attack on their pension benefits? If that is in fact the case, then your MEC has reached the bottom. Tell me you guys didn't buy into this...or is this some sort of revenge on the over 60 crowd? Jesus wept!
---------- ADS -----------

MackTheKnife
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: WAWCON and Pensions

Post by MackTheKnife »

As the one poster says " Snakes Belly " doesn't even begin to describe that disgrace of a union !

http://www.pprune.org/canada/480060-acp ... irees.html

augustus777
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by augustus777 »

Ah, the generation that got it all.

If you haven't noticed, air Canada is sinking.

Yes, you payed into the pension, but you had a substantially higher buying power

with the money you made in the 70's,80's and 90's.

I would be a multi millionaire with the investments I would have made...

So while it's popular to blame Calin and his 5 million, that is peanuts compared to the

retirement fund.

Obviously Im not advocating the eradication of the pension since it's probably not even legal,

but a solution will have to be found

Can anyone give the numbers for retirement: Pilots, FAs, Mechanics.......

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Yes, the membership was asked if they thought retirees pensions should be part of any solution to the current pension deficit. As mentioned in the survey do so is a slippery slope. There are obviously many issues, many possible solutions and many opinions with respect to the current pension deficit. However regardless of where anyone stands, the changes made to the pension are likely to be imposed by an arbitrator as scripted by Air Canada anyways.

turbo-beaver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by turbo-beaver »

The retired pilots already gave at the office when they lost the pension indexing a few years back.....if the OSFI and the unions held management's feet to the fire and made the buggars pay back into the pension plan what they fraudulently manipulated out of it, then they would not have been able to line their own pockets with as much gold as they have.....I guess that horse is already out of the barn.....

morefun
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by morefun »

GRK wrote:Just a little thing to say here...there's a thread over on PPrune in which a poster asks about a poll from ACPA about retiree pensions (WAWCON) Is ACPA seriously asking whether or not its members are interested in subjecting the retired pilots to an attack on their pension benefits? If that is in fact the case, then your MEC has reached the bottom. Tell me you guys didn't buy into this...or is this some sort of revenge on the over 60 crowd? Jesus wept!
This is the most disgusting immoral moronic thing ever to come from ACPA. There can be no lower life than the NC that came up with that...I hope everyone stays past 60 just to piss on these assholes.

accumulous
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by accumulous »

morefun wrote:
GRK wrote:Just a little thing to say here...there's a thread over on PPrune in which a poster asks about a poll from ACPA about retiree pensions (WAWCON) Is ACPA seriously asking whether or not its members are interested in subjecting the retired pilots to an attack on their pension benefits? If that is in fact the case, then your MEC has reached the bottom. Tell me you guys didn't buy into this...or is this some sort of revenge on the over 60 crowd? Jesus wept!
This is the most disgusting immoral moronic thing ever to come from ACPA. There can be no lower life than the NC that came up with that...I hope everyone stays past 60 just to piss on these assholes.
If they do actually dick the retirees’ pension, of course everybody will elect to stay on for that reason, while the AC Corp reaps the full financial benefits of the savings incumbent upon the end of mandatory retirement, which we’re not submitting, and which could save the retirees’ pension under the appropriate cost-benefit analysis stemming from the end of mandatory retirement, which we aren’t doing because we’ve invested millions in lost bargaining capital trying to completely terminate the earning power of 2900 pilots who cannot reach the pension cap by virtue of the demographic shift that started thirty years ago. We are completely welded inside out.

It is absolutely no wonder that Lisa Raitt, when she had a look at what was going on in the cockpit, she just reached in and flicked on the autopilot. It’s a merciful gesture. She’s simply going to save this dog and pony show from itself.

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

This is the most disgusting immoral moronic thing ever to come from ACPA. There can be no lower life than the NC that came up with that...I hope everyone stays past 60 just to piss on these assholes.[/quote]

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Not another pilot vs pilot battle! Can't you guys do anything without fighting one another?

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

Bede wrote:Not another pilot vs pilot battle! Can't you guys do anything without fighting one another?
acpa was set up by a group of elitist individuals who thought they could "run and hide".
Well after they did we are now finding out they will be running and hiding for a very long time as they are stuck in the sandbox of their tiny minds and will never get out.
Time for the adults to get this sham back into a professional association like ALPA.
Wake up you 3000 plus and get rid of the ones who are driving this so called union to lows never heard of before!
They have put a whole new sheen on slime!
NW

vic777
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by vic777 »

GRK wrote: Is ACPA seriously asking whether or not its members are interested in subjecting the retired pilots to an attack on their pension benefits?
The retired Pilots are not members of ACPA, they pay no dues and get no legal support. It makes just as much sense for ACPA to request AC suspend Flight Attendant Pensions or Mechanics Pensions. And ACPA doesn't pay the Pension, nor does AC, the Pension Plan Pays the Pension. To actually try to negotiate that AC raid another's Pension to find funds to Pay ACPA is Criminal behaviour. I think AC's Lawyers would advise AC to tread very carefully in this area. ACPA leadership doesn't follow legal advice and thereby gets into ruinous situations. Do I see ACPA and AC losing another massive lawsuit? Is stupidity a valid defence?

Return to “Air Canada”