Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

vic777ER
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Post by vic777ER »

Rumour has it, AC will be sending the Embraers to the regionals. I'm hearing 60 aircraft will go to AC Express by 2014 and a bunch of baby buses leaving the fleet as part of the new restructured Air Canada.Seems to me new hires leaving good jobs to fly at AC dont stand a chance let alone hundreds of other pilots currently at the mainline.
Is becoming a pilot at Air Canada a thing of the past. Hope this is'nt true, just what im hearing on the line.
---------- ADS -----------

hnl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Air Canada sending Embraer 175/190s to Express

Post by hnl »

vic777ER wrote:Rumour has it, AC will be sending the Embraers to the regionals. I'm hearing 60 aircraft will go to AC Express by 2014 and a bunch of baby buses leaving the fleet as part of the new restructured Air Canada.Seems to me new hires leaving good jobs to fly at AC dont stand a chance let alone hundreds of other pilots currently at the mainline.
Is becoming a pilot at Air Canada a thing of the past. Hope this is'nt true, just what im hearing on the line.

What a bunch of useless speculation. It's not going to happen. Why get everyone upset over nothing.

vic777ER
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vic777ER »

What a bunch of useless speculation. It's not going to happen. Why get everyone upset over nothing.

Sorry hnl no speculation here. This is comming from the top flying brass and line pilots. Not trying to get people upset here at all my friend just trying to get all the facts.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Troll alert

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

No other mainline major carrier operates E-Jets...........

29chev
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 29chev »

Jet Blue ...US airways.... :roll:

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Big Pistons Forever wrote:No other mainline major carrier operates E-Jets...........
In North America, doesn't US Airways operate them? I would classify them as a mainline carrier. It is slightly more common around the world though for a mainline carrier to operate this type.

BL

Edit: 29chev beat me to it, COPA is another big carrier that operates them

pika
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pika »

It's not going to happen.
After all that has occurred in the last few years are we really still this f***ing stupid as a group?

We'v already seen how this plays out with the RJ's that AC mainline USED to operate.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

And please remember that Express does not necessarily mean Jazz. As a matter of fact I would say that if The Emb goes anywhere, it would've far more likely to go to Sky Regional

c170b53
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by c170b53 »

Small; Delta connector Compass operates 175's. Passenger pleasing cabins for a small plane.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

I stand corrected US Airways does operate the E jet, I always thought that the US Airways E-jet was run by a regional for them. Jet Blue IMO doesn't count as it is a niche low cost North American carrier and thus is not comparable to a full service domestic and intercontinental legacy carrier like Air Canada

So let me rephrase: Are there any legacy full service major carriers with a fleet mix and route map comparable to Air Canada, anywhere in the world that operate E jets with mainline crews and in the mainline route structure. Off hand I can't think of any other that operate regional jets. So why is that ?

BverLuver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BverLuver »

Big Pistons Forever wrote:I stand corrected US Airways does operate the E jet, I always thought that the US Airways E-jet was run by a regional for them. Jet Blue IMO doesn't count as it is a niche low cost North American carrier and thus is not comparable to a full service domestic and intercontinental legacy carrier like Air Canada

So let me rephrase: Are there any legacy full service major carriers with a fleet mix and route map comparable to Air Canada, anywhere in the world that operate E jets with mainline crews and in the mainline route structure. Off hand I can't think of any other that operate regional jets. So why is that ?

Pretty sure Alitalia, COPA, LOT, Egypt Air, Gulf Air, Kenya Airways, Air Nigeria, Royal Jordanian, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Oman Air, Finnair all operate EJets and would be classified as mainlines. These are off the top of my head, I'm sure I can research more if you would like.

BL

29chev
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 29chev »

vic777ER

:lol:
vic777ER wrote: All I know is the E-jet wont be with mainline in the next few years and thats a fact. Any one that's been with AC long enough knows this
Well I've been with mainline for 12 years and I don't know it....but that's just me......I hope your wrong!

29chev

Last edited by 29chev on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
vic777ER
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vic777ER »

29 Chev are you for real? This isnt a pissing contest who fly's E-jets around the world. It really doesnt matter how many carriers fly the E-jet. All I know is the E-jet wont be with mainline in the next few years and thats a fact. Any one that's been with AC long enough knows this. Trust me when i say this is only the first order of business on the restructuring of the new Air Canada and NO! this will not be a member vote. We will see major changes at AC in the next two to three years. (major) This is the only way AC will be able to servive in such a competitive industry.

Cheers

Hold short
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hold short »

stir stir :D

Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (37.18 KiB) Viewed 10108 times
chatman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by chatman »

Air Canada will eventually be international only.
Jazz for regional
Air Canada Express for domestic
AC low cost who knows what that will be called (Tango, Zip, Zoom) will be their 2 tier hiring spree

HighT5
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by HighT5 »

It will happen, question is who can operate them cheaper.

Can Jazz compete with SkyRegional without making sacrifices to their wages and working conditions?

If they're transferred to a tier 2 in two years, will current new hires have enough seniority to stay at mainline?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Holy moly 29chev could you make that any longer. Please nobody quote him. If the Embraers go to Express it will be Skyregional where non-unionized pilots will do the work for lower wages and working conditions.

Setting the bar a little lower for everyone.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

:P :wink: I feel better now.

How can your union sit back and let this slide?

Last edited by CL-Skadoo! on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Skadoo you a**hole :smt040

Return to “Air Canada”