Air Canada hires senior Harper aide as government liaison

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Air Canada hires senior Harper aide as government liaiso

Post by Zip Tie »

Rockie wrote:Neither you or the conservatives know or care what the public wants. It's how much of their ideological agenda they can get away with by framing the discussion around the inane "talking points" that you seem fond of repeating.
I know in the movies much like this thread Rockie will return 7 times.Tough guy you know but too many punches affects the brain after a while.Lets continue then..... :rolleyes:
Well what a thing to say about me and the conservatives.Half true to be honest.I do care about the public and know what they don't want.If a government cares it is only for show to get re elected and this is why they are so keen in knowing what we want.We all know that about government.As for the " ideological agenda", that's probably true as well but all political parties have that.You speak as if it is a conspiracy.An ideology is a set of ideas that constitute one's goals.Nothing wrong or illegal with having ideas or goals in Canada.
---------- ADS -----------

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

Zip Tie,

I, like I am sure many, voted conservative. Figured I'd give them a kick at the can and see what they can do. It hasn't been a very good run so far. The lack of democratic transparency, arrogance, hostility to other parties and sliminess of this government have probably set there chances way back of ever getting another majority government in for a long time. They have been a disappointment.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

How does stripping labour and industry of the ability to negotiate mutually agreed upon contracts benefit anybody in the short or long term?

How does it benefit the workers who believe or not are also the customers?

How does it benefit the industries who are now saddled with a deeply dissatisfied and angry work force for years to come?

These are obvious questions that our shallow, one dimensional government lacks the intellect to consider. Maybe you could answer them.

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Zip Tie »

Rockie wrote:How does stripping labour and industry of the ability to negotiate mutually agreed upon contracts benefit anybody in the short or long term?

How does it benefit the workers who believe or not are also the customers?

How does it benefit the industries who are now saddled with a deeply dissatisfied and angry work force for years to come?

These are obvious questions that our shallow, one dimensional government lacks the intellect to consider. Maybe you could answer them.
Lets get those honest Liberals back in please and oh oh..... Ontario would love to see a NDP majority again as they did so well the last time.
BTW how is my sarcasm ? Good? :lol:

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Your sarcasm is pointless beyond evading the questions.

Well?

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Zip Tie »

Rockie wrote:Your sarcasm is pointless beyond evading the questions.

Well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Very appropriate since Harper appears to channel Yosemite Sam when determining conservative government policy.

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Zip Tie »

Rockie wrote:Very appropriate since Harper appears to channel Yosemite Sam when determining conservative government policy.

I have a solution! Why didn't I think of this earlier???
Harper should throw out all his advisers and listen to high ranking aviation forum members.
They are experts in airline operations and politics.Look at the money we would save the government and the airlines.I'm on the phone with the PM now.......just a min.

Me:Steve is that you?
Steve:Yes.
Me:This is Zip Tie and Rockie from AV Canada.
Steve:Yes.I have heard of you,especially Rockie.I like his movies.
Me:We want to be your advisers.
Steve:Is this a joke?

Hello? hello? Steve are you still there?

I think he hung up the phone.
I tried.

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nottellin »

:shock: wow!

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Zip Tie »

nottellin wrote::shock: wow!
OMG Its not real.I wasn't on the phone with Harper.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Well, at least now the Bugs Bunny YouTube makes more sense.

Zip Tie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Zip Tie »

Rockie wrote:Well, at least now the Bugs Bunny YouTube makes more sense.
Hey Rockie having a little fun that's all.I swear man you sound like a pilot.Rodger,copy that.......check list complete.Cleared to laugh. Let me call stores and order you up a sense of humor before you depart runway 32.One size fits all.

EA757
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by EA757 »

Rockie,

"Worker's rights are the only reason Canada even has a middle class which is the true engine of our economy."

Nick Hanauer agrees with you Rockie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQi6xJ3-7l4
(TED - Technology Entertainment Design)

Takeoff OK
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Takeoff OK »

EA757 wrote:Rockie,

"Worker's rights are the only reason Canada even has a middle class which is the true engine of our economy."

Nick Hanauer agrees with you Rockie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQi6xJ3-7l4
(TED - Technology Entertainment Design)
Why this isn't clear to people boggles me.

Here's another idea: As the middle class shrinks and stagnates, so does the bulk of tax revenue. This results in increased budget deficits, leading to reduced social services, leading to a further reduction in consumerism, leading to a further reduction in average income, leading to a further reduction in tax revenue, leading to a further increase in budget deficit, leading to...

Anyone not get it? There is an event horizon approaching and, while we have a little way to go still, we will have front-row seats to watch the U.S tumble over it. They're almost there.

EA757
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by EA757 »

Rockie and Takeoff OK,

Some insight into why corporations need the government more than you and I. (25-07-2012)

http://www.alternet.org/story/156413/5_ ... rest_of_us

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

Rockie wrote:Zip tie. A majority mandate does not mean the majority of voters support the conservatives. Check the election results again, 60.3% of those that voted did not want a conservative government or their agenda.

And once again, the economy has nothing to do with it. It is brainless, cartoonish, black and white, "your with us or against us" ideology of the kind that gets nations into more trouble.

We are three years away from an election yet I just saw an election style conservative ad attacking the NDP. If this government was one tenth as good at governing as they were at sleazy backstabbing politics we wouldn't have anything to worry about. But they're not.
Rockie

Did you ever consider that when the rubber hit the road, 69.4% of voting Canadians didn't want the NDP in power, 81.1% of Canadians didn't have any time for the Libs, 94% could care less about the Bloc and over 96% of Canadians consider the Greenies to be not far off a wacko fringe party?

If individual Canadian's made the decision not to vote when they had an easy opportunity to do so, (which about 39% of people chose to do), their collective opinion is, in my opinion, irrelevant.

Trying to generate an argument that 60% of Canadian's voted en masse for a single, viable alternative party is, to put it politely, a disingenuous argument.

8)

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Realitychex wrote:Trying to generate an argument that 60% of Canadian's voted en masse for a single, viable alternative party is, to put it politely, a disingenuous argument.
I never said any such thing because you're right, trying to make that argument would be disingenuous and a blatant fairy tale of the kind Harper continuously tries to ram down our throats. I was responding to this statement:
Zip Tie wrote:The population majority elected this government and the population majority will be protected by that government.
Clearly the "population majority" did not elect the Conservatives, our multi-party system did. Read the first sentence of my post that you're disagreeing with carefully this time. Now here's another "Reality Check".

The Canadian Alliance and Progressive Conservatives were going nowhere with Canadians until they merged creating one half of a two party state, a unified right wing on one side and four other parties on the other. Even then it took a couple of tries before Canadians trusted them enough to give them a majority. It's no compliment to the Canadian voters that we stupidly gave them that majority immediately after finding them in Contempt of Parliament. For the layman that means they persistently lied to parliament (meaning us) about a number of very important financial matters, got caught, and continued to lie. They're still lying while flipping us the bird when we demand honest answers.

When the other political parties pull their head out of their respective asses and merge like the CA/PC's the Conservatives are toast. In fact had the Liberals and NDP done that last election they would have gotten 49.54% of the vote versus the CPC's 39.62%. How many seats that would translate to would take more analysis than I'm prepared to do, but I think it's safe to say Harper wouldn't be in power. The NDP all by themselves might beat Harper if an election were called right now, which is why the Conservatives are running attack ads against Mulcair even though an election is still three years away.

The next election can't happen fast enough.

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jack In The Box »

Realitychex wrote:
Rockie wrote:Zip tie. A majority mandate does not mean the majority of voters support the conservatives. Check the election results again, 60.3% of those that voted did not want a conservative government or their agenda.

And once again, the economy has nothing to do with it. It is brainless, cartoonish, black and white, "your with us or against us" ideology of the kind that gets nations into more trouble.

We are three years away from an election yet I just saw an election style conservative ad attacking the NDP. If this government was one tenth as good at governing as they were at sleazy backstabbing politics we wouldn't have anything to worry about. But they're not.
Rockie

Did you ever consider that when the rubber hit the road, 69.4% of voting Canadians didn't want the NDP in power, 81.1% of Canadians didn't have any time for the Libs, 94% could care less about the Bloc and over 96% of Canadians consider the Greenies to be not far off a wacko fringe party?

If individual Canadian's made the decision not to vote when they had an easy opportunity to do so, (which about 39% of people chose to do), their collective opinion is, in my opinion, irrelevant.

Trying to generate an argument that 60% of Canadian's voted en masse for a single, viable alternative party is, to put it politely, a disingenuous argument.

8)
LOL don't bother trying to talk sense to liberals or dippers. Doesn't usually work :lol:

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

Will you guys please stop feeding that 13 year old troll? He's just mimicking a family member who is also a braindead conservative.

I can't WAIT for 2015 when maybe democracy will return to this country.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

invertedattitude wrote:I can't WAIT for 2015 when maybe democracy will return to this country.
Provided there even is an election. Due to economic circumstances Chairman Harper may decide the country can afford neither the cost of an election or the uncertainty it would bring. If people doubt that could happen in Canada they should take a look around to see if they can find their labour rights anywhere.

Return to “Air Canada”