Air Canada Pool

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Canada Pool

Post by Slappy the Squirrel »

Diesel,

13, a few different companies but the majority jazz. All the info you're asking about has already been posted recently in this thread, click on the previous page.
---------- ADS -----------

diesel2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by diesel2010 »

I did see the previous info thanks......some had 12 some had 13 some had 8 Jazz, 2 peri, 1 calm. Thats 11....

Was just looking for updates......

Cheers

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jack In The Box »

Jack In The Box wrote:Any word on if the app window might re open soon?
bump. anybody?

eagle7044
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by eagle7044 »

@Slappy

Hi there, fellow poolie here. You seem to know a bit more than the average person on this forum, so I was wondering if you had any idea on the predicted amount of people they will be picking up throughout 2015. It's a question I doubt anyone can answer with any certainty, but I'm assuming we can at least make a logical estimate. Personally, I have no idea if it will be closer to 10 or 50. Any ideas? If not, do you think it's a reasonable thing to ask Jennifer?

She might also be able to enlighten us on the cherry picking situation - I always figured that total interview score was a factor along with interview date, but a comparatively low score could potentially mean someone getting stuck in the pool forever, so there must be something else about the system we don't know about.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

maybe the pool selection is a question that should be asked in the interview

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

eagle7044 wrote:@Slappy

Hi there, fellow poolie here. You seem to know a bit more than the average person on this forum, so I was wondering if you had any idea on the predicted amount of people they will be picking up throughout 2015. It's a question I doubt anyone can answer with any certainty, but I'm assuming we can at least make a logical estimate. Personally, I have no idea if it will be closer to 10 or 50. Any ideas? If not, do you think it's a reasonable thing to ask Jennifer?

She might also be able to enlighten us on the cherry picking situation - I always figured that total interview score was a factor along with interview date, but a comparatively low score could potentially mean someone getting stuck in the pool forever, so there must be something else about the system we don't know about.
I might know a bit more, but that's still a long way from a lot. I obviously get the emails from Jennifer, I am able to get my hands on the pilot bid every 2 months, and I can usually find out through the grapevine what the make-up of the ground school classes are. So I'm afraid I probably don't know much more than you, I honestly can't make much of a guess as to the total hiring in 2015, in fact I bet the company doesn't even have a clear picture of that.

We do know a couple things, the extra Nov bid showed roughly 38 new positions between then and beginning of May. They've hired 13 (Dec GS) so that leaves at least 25 pilots to hire prior to May. So I'm expecting another 2 ground schools in the coming few months, possibly more if the Feb bid shows even more spots. Supposedly AC is bringing in more airbuses for the whole summer BEFORE starting to get rid of Embraers in the fall so they have a higher capacity in the summer, this would indicate to me that they might need an influx of pilots at the beginning of summer to handle the work, but that is just a guess, we will find out on the next bid.

As far as pool priority, I know for a fact they cherry picked candidates from the pool for this ground school, I am not sure based on what credentials, whether it be jet time or higher interview scores, I honestly don't know. I also know that the past 2 years everyone was hired by interview date, so this ground school was unique in the regard that they cherry picked people. Thirdly, I know that they didn't cherrypick everybody, they still did take some of the earliest interview dates. My guess is the new manager of training gave Jennifer a list of 5-7 candidates from throughout pool that they hand picked to put on course, then told her to fill the rest of the spots by interview date. They may continue to do it this way. This is all just speculation on my part though.

I hope this helps you, I usually just try to post definite facts on here because otherwise people rip me to pieces and call me down to the dirt, but what the hey, it's Christmas. So this year I present to you the gift of a squirrel's speculation. It's marginally better than a squirrel's nuts.

Best of luck to all you poolies in 2015, I hope to be in a ground school with you all soon!

flashheart
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flashheart »

Anyone going to comment on the impact the new 50/50 Jazz flow through program could have on poolies. Might be a 2016 date for a bunch if this is true...

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Is it 50/50? I heard 80/20.

Either way more bad news for us unless you happen to work at Jazz.

arcadia
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by arcadia »

Last edited by arcadia on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

arcadia wrote:Why don't they just clean up the pool, hire who is in it, and giver with what ever they have decided. Talk about screwing over people.
Wow...if you're not an AC driver yet, you should be one!

arcadia
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by arcadia »

Last edited by arcadia on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

arcadia wrote:How do you figure trailerparkboy? Obviously you aren't in the pool. Must work for Jazz.
Obviously, you're neither! Good luck to you!

arcadia
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by arcadia »

Last edited by arcadia on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

arcadia wrote:Oh what do you know, you are a Jazz pilot, typical. You aren't on the property yet either, still gotta pass the interview!

You might consider applying to Jazz! From what you say, it will be a faster from Jazz then from your position!

Don't ask me for a reference!

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

So does this explain why 80% of the last GS was filled with Jazz folks?

groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

So the rumour is 80% Jazz and 20% off the street?

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

flashheart wrote:Anyone going to comment on the impact the new 50/50 Jazz flow through program could have on poolies. Might be a 2016 date for a bunch if this is true...
First I've heard of this. Anyone have more details? Is it official somewhere or just being discussed?

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Nothing official yet, if you check the press releases basically it says there will be some system in place to move Jazz pilots to AC since Jazz airplanes are going to drop significantly, but no details are given for a flow through scheme since the public doesn't really care about that stuff.

The flow through numbers I heard was 80/20, but others have heard 50/50, so sounds like nothing too concrete has been nailed down. We're not even sure if the flow through would be effective immediately. The agreement is only tentative, so they haven't officially signed it yet, so it's really not clear how this is going to affect applicants, although it has the potential to be negative.

I'm hoping they give us poolies more info soon.

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

So assuming a 80% flowthrough gets voted, and that maybe the bottom 500 pilots at Jazz want to flow, this means a new hire at Jazz won't see mainline in the next 5 years, when they could actually get an interview pretty soon if they don't vote this through. I'm not sure it's a win win at Jazz for the very last pilots on the list. A lot of the guys I know there already have everything to qualify for mainline, why vote something that could slow them down?

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

arcadia wrote:Oh what do you know, you are a Jazz pilot, typical. You aren't on the property yet either, still gotta pass the interview!
The details of the flow haven't been posted yet. Might not even have an interview

Return to “Air Canada”