Air Canada Pool

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada Pool

Post by Fanblade »

AC always trains for peak season which is summer. In a perfect world they have all training in place by May 1 and no need to train crews through the summer.

Preparation for summer 2016 will begin this fall. In previous posts I stated sustained hiring would not take place until spring 2016 due to the fleet plan and retirements. Since that time the fleet plan has adjusted at both AC and Rouge upward. Sustained hiring will need to start this fall in preparation for next summer. That hiring will then need to start kicking up a notch in late 2016/ early 2017 as normal retirement outflow resumes.

My assumptions are based on the current fleet plan and only 20% retire at age 60. Of those not retiring at 60 the assumption is all retire at 65. We are 2.5 years post mandatory retirement at age 60.
---------- ADS -----------

Doug Moore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Doug Moore »

Fanblade wrote: We are 2.5 years post mandatory retirement at age 60.
... and after all the gnashing of teeth over the past 10 years, AC pilots still have a career ahead of them that looks pretty good. :smt023

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

Doug Moore wrote:
... and after all the gnashing of teeth over the past 10 years, AC pilots still have a career ahead of them that looks pretty good. :smt023

And then some..........

http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/95-year ... -1.2330262

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Doug Moore wrote:
Lots of forced reductions on all bases Doug. But you are correct, it will eventually get moving again after the five year stall.

Yes still a good career. Progression 5 years slower now, and many will have to work past 60 to meet their career and pension goals, nevertheless.........still good.

BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

I work at Air Canada and like looking at this thread to see what's going on with hiring, believe it or not this is the only place to find out about course dates and the hiring pool. I feel for the guys in the pool, shitty situation. What I'm getting sick of seeing is guys putting up long winded posts about "how it is" in the industry and how it was hard for them. Not helpful to anyone. Please cease and desist from speaking in the future. Thank you :D

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

BlueSkies12 wrote:I work at Air Canada and like looking at this thread to see what's going on with hiring, believe it or not this is the only place to find out about course dates and the hiring pool. I feel for the guys in the pool, shitty situation. What I'm getting sick of seeing is guys putting up long winded posts about "how it is" in the industry and how it was hard for them. Not helpful to anyone. Please cease and desist from speaking in the future. Thank you :D
Thanks for the hypocrisy. I do believe here in Canada, we still enjoy some freedom of speech. If you don't like it, don't read it.

MdC306
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MdC306 »

BlueSkies12 wrote:I work at Air Canada and like looking at this thread to see what's going on with hiring, believe it or not this is the only place to find out about course dates and the hiring pool. I feel for the guys in the pool, shitty situation. What I'm getting sick of seeing is guys putting up long winded posts about "how it is" in the industry and how it was hard for them. Not helpful to anyone. Please cease and desist from speaking in the future. Thank you :D
Great post bud. Solid contribution. Excellent avcanading.

777LR
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 777LR »

Our Crew Manning committee said that we will require anywhere from 100-150 new hires before June 2016. So anywhere from 20-30 non Jazz pilots.
Hang in there guys!

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

Any idea when the next PIT course will be held?

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Slappy the Squirrel »

Probably going to be awhile... No emails to the pool recently have indicated that any PIT courses are planned, plus the last bid showed what, 3 pilot vacancies six months out?

Judging from their fleet planning I would be surprised if there's another PIT course before October, but that's just an outsider's point of view.

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

But sustained hiring after that, the fleet growth speaks for itself..And we're not talking retirements yet..

flashheart
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flashheart »

Rumours that poolies will be getting called this fall in ratios higher than 80/20 and not a peep here.

The silence is surprising...

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

80% Jazz is a minimum not a maximum

groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

That's not the rumour...proof will be in pudding

Slappy the Squirrel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Slappy the Squirrel »

You guys have got me all confused. What's the rumour exactly? That the ground schools will be closer to 100% Jazz or 60% Jazz? The way I understood it was as others have mentioned, that it was a minimum 80% Jazz flowthrough, so a smaller number of Jazz was not possible under the contract...

I should know better than to trust a rumour on avcanada, but I'm just curious as to what you mean.

flashheart
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flashheart »

There are rumblings they are having a tough time meeting the 80% for various reasons so there is a possibility there will be more poolies on courses this fall.

Slappy - your phone should be ringing soon

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

For what it's not worth, no rumours on the line of the sort...

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

There's a whole bunch of Jazzers already interviewed and accepted. If they needed 100 pilots tomorrow, they would have 80 Jazz pilots available.

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

biatch wrote:There's a whole bunch of Jazzers already interviewed and accepted. If they needed 100 pilots tomorrow, they would have 80 Jazz pilots available.
What about the "ripple effect", if Jazz let 80 pilots go to AC do they not have to start hiring to replace them and if so have they started to hire/train for this. Seems to me that the ball has to start rolling from the Jazz camp before the release to AC?

NW

biatch
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by biatch »

They have created 46 upgrades and I think at least 3 upcoming gs in anticipation of flow

Return to “Air Canada”