Changes to Pass Travel

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Changes to Pass Travel

Post by 47north »

There are supposed to be some changes coming to AC employee travel. Anyone know what those are?
---------- ADS -----------

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Changes to Pass Travel

Post by Norwegianwood »

47north wrote:There are supposed to be some changes coming to AC employee travel. Anyone know what those are?
All laid out on the acaeronet site......... Happy reading!

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

From what I could quickly browse through, it doesn't sound too bad. Maybe someone else can add their 2 pennies? :)

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

Mig29 wrote:From what I could quickly browse through, it doesn't sound too bad. Maybe someone else can add their 2 pennies? :)

The best part of this change is the inability of anyone to jump the "queue" by buying the leg up via a C1! Now all employees are treated equal as far as LOS is concerned! NW

Sea2Sky
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sea2Sky »

BS, Norweiganwood. Yet another opinion based on seniority-bias. Losing C1s is great for you, I'm sure. Now you and your ancient cronies get to make sure you're at the front of the bus, as usual. C1s were the only way somebody junior could hope to get onto a tight flight. Why is that "skipping the queue" if they were willing to pay for the privelege? As far as I'm concerned, it was the only way to even the playing field, even though it cost more. You know what's skipping the queue? Somebody showing up 30 min prior to departure for a standby seat, and getting ahead of somebody on who has been waiting for 2 hours.

Next if they offer 50% discount on confirmed, like Westjet, you'll bitch about that, too. It gets so old listening to people like you whine about the "rights" of senior pilots who earn enough money (and now for another 5 yrs) to have paid for a C1 if they needed it.

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

Sea2sky,

Thank goodness you are in the minority. I'm one of those "ancient cronies". Give it a few years, you'll change your tune.

Last edited by The Raven on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Norwegianwood »

Sea2Sky wrote:BS, Norweiganwood. Yet another opinion based on seniority-bias. Losing C1s is great for you, I'm sure. Now you and your ancient cronies get to make sure you're at the front of the bus, as usual. C1s were the only way somebody junior could hope to get onto a tight flight. Why is that "skipping the queue" if they were willing to pay for the privelege? As far as I'm concerned, it was the only way to even the playing field, even though it cost more. You know what's skipping the queue? Somebody showing up 30 min prior to departure for a standby seat, and getting ahead of somebody on who has been waiting for 2 hours.

Next if they offer 50% discount on confirmed, like Westjet, you'll bitch about that, too. It gets so old listening to people like you whine about the "rights" of senior pilots who earn enough money (and now for another 5 yrs) to have paid for a C1 if they needed it.

S2S It's you who get's the "WHINE" Golden Globe and the Oscar too, good job smarter people are doing the changes or you would be at the front of the "Queue" all the time, talk about self-centered.
:prayer:

Gbax
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gbax »

With all due respect, seniority is not about being equal, and I'm not senior.

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by CanadianEh »

Overall I think the changes are positive. But what people should keep in mind is that we are getting back something that we once had. I like the idea of the last minute super saver fares.

c170b53
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by c170b53 »

Oh boy...on a tight Flt, everybody lined up with their C1, all to get on in the same order sitting at the back, paying more than they should if there was a spot.
Now at least the commuters costs will go down, not their blood px as getting on is still a test. Don't think it will end the dress-up game though.
What isn't mentioned, the pass that doesn't exist, appropriately classed and similar to a form of fertilizer.

lowlevel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by lowlevel »

Can someone explain to me in a nutshell what these passes mean and what is the difference say from a C4 to a C1 or C2. I might be in a position to recieve C4 passes, so just curious where these passes would put me in the lineup when trying to get on an AC flight.

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

C4... Last...

Splash
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Splash »

lowlevel wrote:Can someone explain to me in a nutshell what these passes mean and what is the difference say from a C4 to a C1 or C2. I might be in a position to recieve C4 passes, so just curious where these passes would put me in the lineup when trying to get on an AC flight.
Air Canada employees travel as C2 and a contract carrier employee will have a C4 priority. It means they will be accommodated after Air Canada employees if seats are still available.

705dreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 705dreamer »

pilotbzh wrote:C4... Last...

Just about. There are also a few C5's and then all the other airline folks that travel on D priority that you would be ahead of. For the most part, last on the flight tho.

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by crj_705 »

Splash wrote:
lowlevel wrote:Can someone explain to me in a nutshell what these passes mean and what is the difference say from a C4 to a C1 or C2. I might be in a position to recieve C4 passes, so just curious where these passes would put me in the lineup when trying to get on an AC flight.
Air Canada employees travel as C2 and a contract carrier employee will have a C4 priority. It means they will be accommodated after Air Canada employees if seats are still available.
Splash...not quite right my C2 friend. All Air Canada Express employees hired before 2006 still have C2 boarding priority all based on DOH and are boarded in sequence with the Air Canada employees. The up and coming C2/J09 pass travel has not been loaded into the system as of today but boarding still will be as per C2 priority. Not too sure how it will be handled if there is only one J-Class seat available on the airplane and the senior employee is traveling on a C2 and the more junior employee is on the C2/J09 pass. Does the junior C2/J09 get the last seat in J-Class or does the more senior C2 go into J-Class first. More info is needed, but wishing safe travels to all...

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

crj_705 wrote:
Splash...not quite right my C2 friend. All Air Canada Express employees hired before 2006 still have C2 boarding priority all based on DOH and are boarded in sequence with the Air Canada employees. The up and coming C2/J09 pass travel has not been loaded into the system as of today but boarding still will be as per C2 priority. Not too sure how it will be handled if there is only one J-Class seat available on the airplane and the senior employee is traveling on a C2 and the more junior employee is on the C2/J09 pass. Does the junior C2/J09 get the last seat in J-Class or does the more senior C2 go into J-Class first. More info is needed, but wishing safe travels to all...
The passes and profiles were updated over the weekend. All the info was available on Sunday.

C2 is the priority and gets you on the flight, Y10 or J09 is the cabin or billing code. If there is only 1 J seat available and 1 Y seat on the flight the C2/J09 gets J and the C2/Y10 gets the back, even if the C2/J09 is junior. If there is only a J seat left and the C2/Y10 is senior, they get the seat!

FLCHG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FLCHG »

The previous C1's allowed a checked baggage allowance of 3 bags.
Do the C2/J09 remain with the 3 checked bags.????

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

FLCHG wrote:The previous C1's allowed a checked baggage allowance of 3 bags.
Do the C2/J09 remain with the 3 checked bags.????
That info is in the ETS. Standby for executive can check 3 bags.

FLCHG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FLCHG »

Thanks for the info..... Note...The ETS, under policy was updated in 2010 . There is no mention of the new C2/J09 baggage allowance. Only the regulations regarding C1's baggage allownce of 3 bags / 70lbs /bag.
On the Air Canada web site J passengers are permitted 2 bags at 70 lbs /bag.
Are there any agents in the know if the 3 bag / 70lbs policy is still in effect for the C2/J09.
Thanks

TKTguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TKTguy »

From what I can see you will be entitled to 2 bags up to 50lbs.

Return to “Air Canada”