First Year Air Canada Pay

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: First Year Air Canada Pay

Post by yycflyguy »

Are you really gonna play the revisionist game?

There is nothing "negotiated" about the current forced FOS contract we have to live with. Ask the company why they chose to lock out, avoid negotiating and use their government connections to force the labour agreement we currently have. NC2 never got a chance to negotiate anything. Your NC1 pals shit the bed.
---------- ADS -----------

ratherbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ratherbee »

Thread drift!!

Historical Revisionism from Wikipedia: Interpretations of the past are subject to change in response to new evidence, new questions asked of the evidence, new perspectives gained by the passage of time. There is no single, eternal, and immutable "truth" about past events and their meaning. The unending quest of historians for understanding the past—that is, "revisionism"—is what makes history vital and meaningful.

I understand that ACPA has undertaken an internal review of how negotiations failed. Lets wait and see what the report has to offer.

SgtStroka
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SgtStroka »

In regards to pay, when one is assigned a date for the PIT course, and then GS, what's covered?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

SgtStroka wrote:In regards to pay, when one is assigned a date for the PIT course, and then GS, what's covered?
PIT= Pilot Indoctrination training

It cover the FOM (Flight Operations Manual) basic administrative paperwork for pay, insurance, benefits. How to navigate the aeronet portal, basic bidding and reading blocks, some IFR refresher, CARs etc.

Towards the end of the PIT course you are assigned your seniority number and aircraft type.

The GS is where you start your aircraft type specific training, IPT, sim, IOE.

Your pay starts with day one PIT course but your activation date for your annual pay increases is based on your first revenue flight after completion of your IOE check ride.

SgtStroka
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SgtStroka »

Very kind of you to share that. Thank you.

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jack In The Box »

yycflyguy wrote:
SgtStroka wrote:In regards to pay, when one is assigned a date for the PIT course, and then GS, what's covered?
PIT= Pilot Indoctrination training

It cover the FOM (Flight Operations Manual) basic administrative paperwork for pay, insurance, benefits. How to navigate the aeronet portal, basic bidding and reading blocks, some IFR refresher, CARs etc.

Towards the end of the PIT course you are assigned your seniority number and aircraft type.

The GS is where you start your aircraft type specific training, IPT, sim, IOE.

Your pay starts with day one PIT course but your activation date for your annual pay increases is based on your first revenue flight after completion of your IOE check ride.

YYC, would you mind if I sent you a PM with a couple of questions?

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Fire away!

MB22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MB22 »

Does anyone have information as to how long the PIT course is?

MRP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MRP »

PIT course is 10 days. Usually broken into 2 weeks Monday to Friday with the weekend off. Hotel provided with transportation every day to and from training center.

MB22
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MB22 »

Thanks MRP.

After the PIT course, is it usually directly into the groundschool after that, or is there something else between PIT and GS? Or is that entirely dependent upon availability and type selected? In other words, do some people have time off before their groundschool or does it usually involve finishing PIT course on Friday and groundschool the following monday (in that specific example)? Thanks for the all input. It's greatly appreciate.

DBC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DBC »

In my class, some people had two days, some people had over a month. Depended on seniority/availability etc.

MRP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MRP »

After PIT you will have to complete the technical GS and exams for your selected aircraft online at home on your own. There is no traditional classroom groundschool training for the aircraft types. All manuals are available to you online. You start the aircraft type training (procedures trainer and sim) based on availability and seniority. In my class the highest seniority went first so they only had 2 days to complete the online work. I was near the bottom and had almost 3 weeks off. Its been a year now so things may have changed a little. Also if you select or are assigned to Rouge the training program will be different.

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

If you are assigned to Rouge, can you move back to the mainline after a certain period? How does this process work?

Jack In The Box
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jack In The Box »

yycflyguy wrote:Fire away!

It does not give me the option to PM you

MRP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MRP »

cj555 wrote:If you are assigned to Rouge, can you move back to the mainline after a certain period? How does this process work?
Yes.

All Rouge pilots are Air Canada pilots and wear the Air Canada uniform. Within the limits of the current "contract" (position freezes, course rights etc) you are able to bid back and fourth between Rouge and mainline. The only things preventing a move would be 1)seniority, 2)what course rights you have available to use, 3)position freeze if applicable (this I am not familiar with and would have to look at the contract to see how it applies to new hires.) Think of Rouge as just another aircraft "type" when it comes to bidding and consider that at present, all Rouge captain positions and most of the 767LCC FO positions have been filled voluntarily by ACPA pilots and no one has been forced there.

Also with regards to course rights, you only use them when moving onto a new aircraft or upgrading on your aircraft. If you are 319 LCC FO and you can hold the seniority to move over to mainline 320 you will not be using a course right as they are the same type and can bid and be awarded that position.

cpt.sam
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cpt.sam »

I'm sorry folks,
I have been looking at all kinds of threads on here, but can not find what I'm lookin' for :cry:
If one were to spend 3-4 yrs as RP, then move UP to FO, would your payscale be back at yr 1?
Likewise, moving from FO to CA a decade down the road, do you start at yr 1 CA scale, or bring your seniority to the new scale?
Thx in advance.

DBC
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DBC »

AC pay is based on years of service with the exception of LCC CA, which is based on years of captain service (mainline + LCC).

cpt.sam
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cpt.sam »

thx DBC

ogopogo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogopogo »

I don’t understand those AC pay scale tables you see on here from time to time... for example: I know it takes many many years of service with AC to make it say, to B777 CA. So how can there be a figure shown for 01 Year of Service?

cj555
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cj555 »

I have a question regarding the pay scale aswell:

As an example:
You are hired as an FO on the EMJ after 5 years of service, you bid up to an FO position on the A320. Would you then automatically start at the Year 6 FO pay on the A320? Or would you drop back to Year 1 FO pay on the A320 when you make the jump?

Return to “Air Canada”