I know this will piss some of you off, but once again....

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

I know this will piss some of you off, but once again....

Post by The Raven »

Air Canada Named 'Best Airline in North America' in Skytrax Global Survey of More than 18 Million Air Travellers[/u]

MONTREAL, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Fourth consecutive year Air Canada rated Best in North America

Air Canada has been named Best Airline in North America by the Skytrax 2013 World Airline Awards announced at the Paris Air Show. It is the fourth consecutive year Air Canada has been recognized as a leader in North America and ranked among the best airlines in the world. The annual poll, which is based on surveys of more than 18 million global passengers, is viewed as the key benchmarking tool for customer satisfaction by the global airline industry

"We are delighted that the Skytrax World Airline Awards has recognized Air Canada as the Best Airline in North America, making this the fourth consecutive year we have been named a leader in one of the most competitive markets on the planet. This award places Air Canada among the very best airlines in the world and confirms our ongoing commitment to excellent service," said Calin Rovinescu, President and Chief Executive of Air Canada. "The ongoing transformation of Air Canada is indeed succeeding and our Four Star services on the ground and onboard are second to none - with such amenities as our seat back entertainment, Maple Leaf Lounges, concierge service and Executive First cabin with fully lie-flat suites. The award also reflects what our 35 million customers each year tell us through their loyalty: that Air Canada is one of the safest, most comfortable and convenient airlines to fly. I thank our 27,000 employees around the world for their pride, professionalism and dedication and who all share in winning this award."

"We congratulate Air Canada not only in winning this major award, but the fact they are continuing their success from earlier years to retain this title as the Best Airline in North America. This award for the Best Airline in North America is testament not only to the many improvements introduced by Air Canada during the past year, but to the standard of service being delivered by Air Canada staff in all customer-facing areas, on the ground and onboard flights," said Edward Plaisted, Chief Executive Officer of Skytrax.

The Skytrax Survey is operated during a 10-month period, with customers representing more than 100 nationalities from over 160 countries around the world participating. The 2013 Awards are based on 18.2 million completed customer surveys, and include over 200 airlines worldwide. The survey covered all types of airline, from largest international airlines to small domestic carriers, with customers ranking quality standards across more than 40 areas of airline front-line product and service.
---------- ADS -----------

snag
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: I know this will piss some of you off, but once again...

Post by snag »

Re: I know this will piss some of you off..
That's the only part that would piss anyone here off.

Good work AC. Always remember who pays our bills.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

It may others...... but not me. Taking it further, we booked Air Canada for a 2 week trip to the United Kingdom + Ireland later on. Could have made a transit through EWR somewhat cheaper but wasn't fussy about doing so with hassles US customs amongst other things. Then again being the third overseas caper this past 7 years, Air Canada has given us A+ service all times. I see no reason to change airlines and not going to.

:drinkers:

Sasquash
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sasquash »

And they did it without FLVCs....!!! congrats, guys!!!

LeakyFloats
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LeakyFloats »

Here's a copy of the link posted by Realitychex over on the Westjet forum. I would have to agree that Skytrax ratings are a bunch of industry bull.

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudicat ... 96416.aspx

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Good job. Well deserved.

onetreehill
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by onetreehill »

What a crock.

The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

onetreehill wrote:What a crock.
Like I said, this will piss some of you off.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Skytrax also says Emirates is the "World's Best Airline".

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/e ... -1.1198881

Which basically tells you how much credibility Skytrax has.

It's like those "50 Best Managed Businesses" award stickers that CanJet used to put on their airplanes. If you pay the fee, you get the prize...

AC and EK are both fine airlines, but Skytrax is an industry joke. Meaningless pee-pee waving.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Wasn't Air Canada named best airline in the world by EnRoute magazine.

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

Sasquash wrote:And they did it without FLVCs....!!! congrats, guys!!!

???

Return to “Air Canada”