Air Canada going with the Max

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Air Canada going with the Max

Post by Lateralus »

---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Air Canada going with the Max

Post by rudder »

Lateralus wrote:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e15884760/

737max coming to AC
Just one look at the overhead panel and you will puke :lol:

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

No kidding. What's with that?

Much earlier dates than expected. Looks like the 190 will start getting phased out even sooner than anticipated. They say interim leased aircraft. Wonder if it will be airbus or the beginnings of the 737 program.

rt777
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by rt777 »

I honestly thought AC was going to stick with Airbus on this and order A320/21 and maybe a few C-Series on the side for smaller routes. Wow, I don't know if anyone saw this coming.

DH772
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DH772 »

So adding up the current fleet of 319/320/321/20 EMB/3 319 Rouge equals 109 aircrafts. The article is calling for up to 109 a/c orders.

Does this mean that the Rouge fleet of 319 is planning on being replaced too? I thought this was only suppose to be a mainline narrowbody fleet renewal? If so does this mean overall growth for mainline fleet if not replacing rouge 319's?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Fanblade wrote:No kidding. What's with that?

Much earlier dates than expected. Looks like the 190 will start getting phased out even sooner than anticipated. They say interim leased aircraft. Wonder if it will be airbus or the beginnings of the 737 program.
p.s. for you Airbus guys - that black thing in the way of your knees is called a CONTROL COLUMN :mrgreen:

jd832
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jd832 »

rudder wrote:
Fanblade wrote:No kidding. What's with that?

p.s. for you Airbus guys - that black thing in the way of your knees is called a CONTROL COLUMN :mrgreen:

And the switch on that CONTROL COLUMN is called the trim switch. :mrgreen:

jd832
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jd832 »

All Boeing or all Airbus fleet is smart and efficient. Stick to one manufacture.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

And you all thought AC baggage handlers were slow already (how long to wait for luggage at your carousel ?) Now that everything will have to be belt and hand loaded into the 737's pits...expect an even longer wait :roll:

705dreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 705dreamer »

Is there no plans for a repalcement for the Embraers? Those 37's have a much higher capacity. I can't imagine all the routes will need the extra seats.

ToolBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ToolBoy »

From a maintenance stand point, that's one endorsement course I will avoid!! I wonder if my 37 Classic endorsement will be good for the Max...after all not much has changed since then. Well it does have a single system that is fly-by-wire (spoilers) unlike the Airbus that is fully fly-by-wire flight controls except for the horizontal stab.

The Embraer was the aircraft to take AC into the 21 century and the 37 Max will take us back to the TCA era when it comes to aircraft technology. :?

ToolBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ToolBoy »

rudder wrote:
Lateralus wrote:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e15884760/

737max coming to AC
Just one look at the overhead panel and you will puke :lol:

Don't forget that stylish 6 pack on the Glareshield :roll:

MRP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MRP »

705dreamer wrote:Is there no plans for a repalcement for the Embraers? Those 37's have a much higher capacity. I can't imagine all the routes will need the extra seats.
I fly the E190. It could be because of the routes I bid to fly, but for the most part my flights are full or oversold.

FL020
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL020 »

ISNT hard to fill up a 175/190 on a YVR-YEG ROUTE...in Fact it isn't hard to fill any of those machines on any routes!!!!

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

The Airbus is such a nice ride for the pax... I hope AC doesn't chop off the bottom seat cushion on the 37's to make leg room like WJ does!

elvis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by elvis »

Think it will make for easier WestJet take over on domestic???

ToolBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ToolBoy »

FL020 wrote:ISNT hard to fill up a 175/190 on a YVR-YEG ROUTE...in Fact it isn't hard to fill any of those machines on any routes!!!!
The west never saw the 175 only 190. As for the loads factors between EG-VR, they are mostly over sold except for the occasional early morning departures. Passenger traffic between EG-VR an YC is heavy, the occasional A321 on the EG-VR route would help greatly.
As for EG-YC-EG legs, a Dash 8-300 with 50 Pax just doesn't cut it, the -400 is a definite upgrade an should be the only Dash model on that route but a baby bus during peak business hours would help augment the lift.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

I feel bad for the Airbus guys switching over to the Max.

To make the transition easier may I suggest getting a frontal labotamy before sim and unless you're doing a Cat II/III, actually flying the airplane will be required in the go-around.

737 is a great airplane - it's just a bit on the stupid side.

JJJ

Wheels
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Wheels »

A 737 is only as stupid as the person behind its controls...

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

ToolBoy wrote:
FL020 wrote:ISNT hard to fill up a 175/190 on a YVR-YEG ROUTE...in Fact it isn't hard to fill any of those machines on any routes!!!!
The west never saw the 175 only 190. As for the loads factors between EG-VR, they are mostly over sold except for the occasional early morning departures. Passenger traffic between EG-VR an YC is heavy, the occasional A321 on the EG-VR route would help greatly.
As for EG-YC-EG legs, a Dash 8-300 with 50 Pax just doesn't cut it, the -400 is a definite upgrade an should be the only Dash model on that route but a baby bus during peak business hours would help augment the lift.
Furthest the 175s made it was YXE on a regular basis and YYC once in a while as a replacement. Can't remember exactly but I think it was a single engine drift down issue going over the rocks.

Return to “Air Canada”