MasterCard Head's Up

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Ryan Coke
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ryan Coke »

Hey Rebel, that was funny! That was the most pathetic attempt to divert a debate I've seen :lol:

What's next? "I know you are but what am I?"
---------- ADS -----------

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

Ryan Coke

Hmm I'm surprised that you didn't recognize CRM. Haven’t you ever handled irate irrational passengers? The biggest problem is in the assessment of the subject. Are they on a chemical substance, drunk or just plain aggressive and stupid?

Wait till it happens to you on long haul and unless you defuse the situation you have to do an enroute landing. Ohh by the way you make-up the rules as you go along..That should come as no surprise, this is aviation never black or white..

What's next? "I know you are but what am I?" That's interesting go ahead and tell me more :)

RVSM
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RVSM »

Yes, Ryan Coke. If you don't buy into the lunatic pontifications that ol' Reb flatulates in the direction of this forum, you must be on drugs, drunk, or stupid :lol:

The inability to defend the aformentioned fraudulent claims is the sign of a weak character, or mind.

Probably both.

Last edited by RVSM on Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

RVSM

What ever you say..I see you're back to play some more..

RVSM
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RVSM »

Rebel wrote:RVSM

What ever you say..I see you're back to play some more..
Did you say something?

Nah, didn't think so...

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

Now that was funny..

WS739
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WS739 »

I could really care less about this argument but i got say REBEL you have really made a fool of yourself!!!

Just keeping your thread going!
Spreading the word to the world!

I better stop or everyone will know!!! OOPS!

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

WS739

Whatever you say but thanks anyway for your WJ contribution every bit helps... :lol:

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

This thread is turned stupid, but here is a question for you WJ employee's, do you want a picture of Air Canada on your credit card?

plankspanker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by plankspanker »

Here's how pathetic this whole thread is. You mentioned ideals and democratic rights in a debate over having a picture of an aircraft on your credit card! Talk about a stretch!

Ps. You've never heard of someone being on the wrong end of a sword? That would be the sharp and pointy end!

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

plankspanker

Whatever you say..

Between us the WJ employees by far have been the biggest contributors to this thread..I didn't realize the affection that you all have for AC. :lol:

wha happen
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by wha happen »

who cares its a credit card.

But westjet is a good western company.

Its the old west vs east conundrum again, it will never end

Its the way she goes boys, its the way she goes.

Lets sacrifice him to the crops.
Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

whipline

The WJ employees that are playing this little game can’t believe that anyone might object to the WJ logo on their personal credit card and just might exercise their democratic right to have it removed.. In this light it certainly makes the corporate espionage charges more understandable as in a WJ culture problem..

Its surprising that this thread attracted about 1000 hits instead of the normal 90 or so, that doesn't speak highly of the WJ intellect..

gelbisch
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by gelbisch »

What is the tie-in between WestJet and the card? Is it Air Miles or something along those lines, or is the airplane simply there for decorative reasons?

plankspanker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by plankspanker »

Rebel:

Actually I can understand your not wanting WJ on your credit card but to call it your "democratic right" and suggest earlier in the thread that the media would deem this of the slightest interest is ridiculous.

Democratic rights are the kind of the thing people are prepared to die for. Being able to choose what image appears on ones credit card I would suggest is not something most people would give their life for IMO.

Something to think about before you start exaggerating again.

gelbisch:

Yes WJ is in partnership with Air Miles and Mosiak the card issuer.

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

gelbisch

I suspect that Air Miles and Mosiak are not going to be impressed if large numbers of card holders begin requesting new cards without the WJ logo and all it’s downstream implications , but that’s life, maybe WJ should have being more diligent in their research.

plankspanker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by plankspanker »

The card is being marketed as a "Westjet" credit card so if you were averse to WJ I think you probably wouldn't sign on in the first place. Hence minimal requests for new cards or "downstream implications".

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

plankspanker

Whatever you say..

plankspanker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by plankspanker »

Is that it?

Here's the link to Mosaik's website. Check it out. You can have one without an airplane if you want. The card you are refering to is called the "Gold Westjet Reward Option" as in it's optional, meaning you don't have to take it. It's also fairly obvious what you would be getting if you signed up so I can't see too many people opening the envelope with their new card and saying "Oh no not Westjet I'm sending this back".

http://www3.bmo.com/mosaik?ACTION=PROCE ... EN=default

Just FYI

gelbisch
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by gelbisch »

Well, which is it? I have an Amex card with an Air Miles logo on it... but I accrue Air Miles with every purchase--that being what I signed up for--so I couldn't care less. If there was a Nike logo on my VISA card for no apparent reason, however, I might object to it.

Which is the case here?

Return to “Air Canada”