Commuting from YEG

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Justin.Case
Rank 1
Rank 1

Commuting from YEG

Post by Justin.Case »

I've yet to be hired at Air Canada but... as a new hire is it possible to commute from YEG? My girlfriend just moved there for a five year work contract. My present employer would allow me to follow her out there but thinking down the road, what would my life be like living there and working at AC? Is it possible? Would I have a life at all?

Just looking for some insight before I make some promises I can't keep!
---------- ADS -----------

CanadianEh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Commuting from YEG

Post by CanadianEh »

Life is all about choices. As it has been said on the forum many times, chase lifestyle not metal. If you think that you'd rather not move to YEG on the CHANCE that you MAY get hired there one day and have a hard time with the commute, that's pretty silly. You can't build your life on "what ifs".

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Justin.Case wrote:I've yet to be hired at Air Canada but... as a new hire is it possible to commute from YEG? My girlfriend just moved there for a five year work contract. My present employer would allow me to follow her out there but thinking down the road, what would my life be like living there and working at AC? Is it possible? Would I have a life at all?

Just looking for some insight before I make some promises I can't keep!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Gv0urR_Uw

berta'
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by berta' »

It can be done. Would mostly have to do day before commutes so you can count on losing another 3 ish days a month assuming you're yyz or yul base. 16 days of work plus another few days lost commuting gets you close to 20 days away from home a month. If you end up reserve at mainline you only get 12 days off a month minus a few days commuting doesn't leave you with much. If you're lucky enough to get yvr it's a lot easier.

garfield
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by garfield »

Can you do the commuting from any city deserved by AC?

I live one hour away from YUL with jazz and I really don't want to move into a big city.

berta'
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by berta' »

Yes you can commute from anywhere you want.

Return to “Air Canada”