Trying to become an AME (M) apprentice

#1 Post by Kiel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 pm

bbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbb
bbbbb
bbbbb
bbbbb
---------- ADS -----------
Last edited by Kiel on Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

conehead
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Trying to become an AME (M) apprentice

#2 Post by conehead » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:35 am

Congratulations Kiel; getting hired as a Station Attendant was a good move. Your move into Maintenance is now very simple; just make your way to the Union office, and submit a Transfer. With your education, you are certainly qualified to begin an apprenticeship. Under the Collective Agreement, transfers must be actioned before anyone can be hired "from the street", as long as the person requesting the transfer has the qualifications. And you do. So start the process by talking with your Shop Committee. They will answer all your questions. If they don't, go and talk to the Shop Committee guys for the Maintenance department.

Let us know how you make out! Good luck.
---------- ADS -----------

sajjad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Trying to become an AME (M) apprentice

#3 Post by sajjad » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:16 pm

Hey everyone, My name is Kiel Thomson. I just started working at Air Canada as a station attendant as an attempt to get my foot in the door. I have recently graduated Mohawk college and received a Transport Canada approved diploma in aircraft maintenance engineering. I wanted to know how I would go about getting hired on as an apprentice at Air Canada, and whether or not its even going to be possible? Does anyone have any advice on how to go about applying for an apprenticeship or possibly getting in touch with someone who could assist me? any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Air Canada”