Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, Sulako, North Shore

777longhaul
Rank 3
Rank 3

College of Pilots......video links.

Post by 777longhaul » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:06 pm

College of Pilots:

Havent watched it yet, it is FYI.

Here is a video that explains how all pilots would be better off if our profession had a self-governing body similar to what doctors, lawyers, accountants, teachers, engineers, architects and social workers have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TycOId19mhg

Please consider sharing the link with other pilots you know who might be interested. There are time-stamps in the description so you can pick up where you left off if you can't finish the video in one sitting.

If you are having trouble watching the video, try copying and pasting the link into a new window. If that doesn't work, go to the website at http://www.collegeofpilots.ca and the video is there on the first page. If that still doesn't work, go to Google and type in "CPPC Presentation Youtube" and it should be the first item returned.

Thank you for watching.
Mike Zaytsoff
Class of 2001
---------- ADS -----------

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: College of Pilots......video links.

Post by Localizer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:04 am

This was a very good presentation, IMO it fills in the gaps and separates fact from fiction. I think this should alleviate anyone's concerns and hopefully put this movement closer to reality.

I would think the major unions in aviation (ACPA, ALPA, Unifor) would be on board with this considering the aim is to work in conjunction with unions and TC to better protect their members from the threat of prosecution and as well the travelling public.

:smt023

Maxpwr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maxpwr » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Worked for me. Just signed up for the price of a video game! Should have done it long ago.

Soar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Soar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:08 am

I didn't watch the video, but what the OP posted is very relevant to our industry and T&Cs.

One of the many reasons for the constant deterioration in T&Cs, mainly financial compensation is simply supply and demand for pilots (globally even). There's just too many pilots for the amount of jobs out there.

Transport Canada is a government authority which sets a standard to pass in order to qualify as a pilot. This holds true whether 1 pilot passes the test, or 1 billion. All will get through if the standard is met.

As for doctors (for example), you have to meet a certain standard in order to qualify, yet at the same time a governing body is actively limiting the amount of applicants that meet the standard through, effectively controlling supply and demand and thus always ensuring a demand (in general) for doctors and as such keeping the T&Cs high and not eroding them by saturating the profession with said doctors.

I fully support this!!

Return to “Air Canada”