East

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

East

Post by Old fella »

Which is the best long haul lay-over, Istanbul or Teil Aviv
---------- ADS -----------

Norwegianwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: East

Post by Norwegianwood »

Sydney.................... longest haul :mrgreen: (I know it's not east, but it could be?)

i.e. Not Nova Scotia, the other one :rolleyes:

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

SYD is east. You just go west to get to it!

Everyone has their own preference. Lots of people love TLV being by the beach and all. Others hate it for various reasons (some don't feel comfortable). Some like beaches, others pubs and others recreation (skiing/hiking). It depends what you like. I'd reckon if you like beaches you'd like TLV, if you enjoy sight seeing you'd like IST and if you like Skiing you'd probably bid to go down south in our summer to SCL etc..

Some people love being at work and enjoy every layover and try and enjoy every minute of it by sight seeing/hiking etc.. Others don't like being away from their families and just stay in their hotel room and may meet for happy hour.

Too broad of a question. The one thing about AC though is you could do what ever you want once you have the seniority. If you want to go skiing on layovers we have long YVR, YDF (Marble Mountain), LAX (Rent a car and go to Bear Mountain), If you want to me home every night stay senior and hold productive multi days or day turns. If you like beaches we have layovers in hot spots (SYD, TLV, LAX, GIG). It's what you want to make of it.

Krimson
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Krimson »

ZBBYLW wrote:The one thing about AC though is you could do what ever you want once you have the seniority. If you want to go skiing on layovers we have long YVR, YDF (Marble Mountain), LAX (Rent a car and go to Bear Mountain), If you want to me home every night stay senior and hold productive multi days or day turns. If you like beaches we have layovers in hot spots (SYD, TLV, LAX, GIG). It's what you want to make of it.
What aircraft would be the most beneficial to bid for these kind of traveling options?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

ZBBYLW wrote:SYD is east. You just go west to get to it!

Everyone has their own preference. Lots of people love TLV being by the beach and all. Others hate it for various reasons (some don't feel comfortable). Some like beaches, others pubs and others recreation (skiing/hiking). It depends what you like. I'd reckon if you like beaches you'd like TLV, if you enjoy sight seeing you'd like IST and if you like Skiing you'd probably bid to go down south in our summer to SCL etc..

Some people love being at work and enjoy every layover and try and enjoy every minute of it by sight seeing/hiking etc.. Others don't like being away from their families and just stay in their hotel room and may meet for happy hour.

Too broad of a question. The one thing about AC though is you could do what ever you want once you have the seniority. If you want to go skiing on layovers we have long YVR, YDF (Marble Mountain), LAX (Rent a car and go to Bear Mountain), If you want to me home every night stay senior and hold productive multi days or day turns. If you like beaches we have layovers in hot spots (SYD, TLV, LAX, GIG). It's what you want to make of it.
Informative. For the record I am not an airline pilot , never was, so not trying to stir up anything. Just a point of interest in that these are cities I would love to visit if old age doesn't move faster on this ole frame. Some said one should ask airline pilots cause they do have experience there and know the in/out, especially if visits are frequent. Got some good info on Dublin pubs last year on our visit there - fine pubs, that :partyman: :partyman:

Off to SFO next fall for a week and I ask later on for inside line outside of the usual tourist area.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Norwegianwood wrote:Sydney.................... longest haul :mrgreen: (I know it's not east, but it could be?)

i.e. Not Nova Scotia, the other one :rolleyes:

Actually did happen as I read in the CH couple years back, a couple booked for SYD but ended in YQY. That's a shocker, also confusion(booking) between YYT and YSJ

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

How about 28 hour layovers in YQY that Jazz seems to have inherited just in time for winter.
With all due respect to the good people of Sydney NS, 28 hours on Bondi Beach mid January sounds somewhat more inviting.

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Krimson wrote:
ZBBYLW wrote:The one thing about AC though is you could do what ever you want once you have the seniority. If you want to go skiing on layovers we have long YVR, YDF (Marble Mountain), LAX (Rent a car and go to Bear Mountain), If you want to me home every night stay senior and hold productive multi days or day turns. If you like beaches we have layovers in hot spots (SYD, TLV, LAX, GIG). It's what you want to make of it.
What aircraft would be the most beneficial to bid for these kind of traveling options?
Depends on what you like. The 320 (at least being somewhat senior on it) gets some nice layovers but all within North America and the Caribbean (can't think of many others outside of BGI) although there are a few places in Mexico mainline still serves. The 767 (and soon to be 787) will get a bulk of the Europe/South America flying while the 777 mainly does Asia with some Europe/South America flying in for good measures.

Return to “Air Canada”