China_CAAC's Merged Threads

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: The End of the WPDL Confirmed

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

What was the unity like under the company controlled WJPA like John?

Would we ever have had a 91% outcome on any vote?

This mess was created by Westjet and the BOD. The same group of people willing to shut down the airline over a pilot contract
---------- ADS -----------

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Actually unity was inspired by the chairman of the board through his mandate to screw over every single pilot whether they voted for the union or not. Thank you for bringing almost all of us together Clive.

My jump is closed to the original Swoopsters.

I’ll take my lumps from Weed Pro and Eyebrow.

In unity,

JJJ

avtutor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avtutor »

[/quote]

I’ll repeat what I told Russ M to you. Anyone I hear denying the jumpseat to Swoop pilots will be banned from riding in my jumpseat. That’s the gift that ALPA brings... unity.

Get off yer high horse.

John Swallow
[/quote]

I don’t think I could stand riding in your jumpseat anyway. I’d feel too sorry for the FO. I’ll just take next one. 👍

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Last edited by RidersRule on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

No worries weedpro. I'd rather take the next flight too.

Its worth it rather than let those 26 +1 ^ think it's OK to F**K over an entire pilot group with zero repercussions.
It may be small potatoes in the grand scheme but consider this famous quote :

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Just callin it like it is.
MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

.80@410 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 pm No worries weedpro. I'd rather take the next flight too.

Its worth it rather than let those 26 +1 ^ think it's OK to F**K over an entire pilot group with zero repercussions.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
If JS and the other two won’t take you because of your honorable stance, Come ride on the Q, jumpseat is better anyway. Might take a few hops to get across the country, but we’ll get you there nonetheless. And bring a banjo, lots of songs to be sung in those headwinds.

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyzam »

MrTurbine wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:29 pm
.80@410 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 pm No worries weedpro. I'd rather take the next flight too.

If JS and the other two won’t take you because of your honorable stance, Come ride on the Q, jumpseat is better anyway. Might take a few hops to get across the country, but we’ll get you there nonetheless. And bring a banjo, lots of songs to be sung in those headwinds.
If you all think that it is only three pilots that disagree with the approach that WestJet pilots have taken, the bubble you live in is a little bit thicker than most out there would believe.

Many many people stand by your cause, far fewer approve of the methods taken.

No doubt you all won't care believing yourselves to be the white knights on a cause of protecting all humanity from 'evil'. Funnily enough the thought process used by many mobs.

Drama much '80@410'?

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

flyzam wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 am

If you all think that it is only three pilots that disagree with the approach that WestJet pilots have taken, the bubble you live in is a little bit thicker than most out there would believe.

No doubt you all won't care believing yourselves to be the white knights on a cause of protecting all humanity from 'evil'. Funnily enough the thought process used by many mobs.

Drama much '80@410'?
You have a valid point. But at the same time, I’d rather sit here and do something (within reason) to fight for what I believe, than sit back and let them believe that what they have done is totally okay, and they can now get away with it.
Keep in mind, it at works out at the end. We just needed support in the beginning , and our backs are still hurt from those stab wounds by a select few.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

I do know I'll never allow a WestJet pilot anywhere near my j/s ever again after this. I have no use for the dubious "privilege" myself so there's no upside in allowing some whiny union weirdo moan the whole flight about the "scabs" that never were.

Besides, who wants to sit on some plank on the back of a cockpit door anyhow? Not worth the small cost of a ticket these days. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

complexintentions wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am I do know I'll never allow a WestJet pilot anywhere near my j/s ever again after this. I have no use for the dubious "privilege" myself so there's no upside in allowing some whiny union weirdo moan the whole flight about the "scabs" that never were.

Besides, who wants to sit on some plank on the back of a cockpit door anyhow? Not worth the small cost of a ticket these days. :mrgreen:
You would never occupy a WJ jumpseat anyhow, you are not employed by them.
As for swoop pilots sitting there, it seems to me it could be a safety issue. If the WJ pilots hold animosity towards them, for good reason, having them sitting two feet away from you would not be conducive to a safe flight deck.

Hudson89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hudson89 »

Last edited by Hudson89 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Only if you are not a professional

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 am Only if you are not a professional
Easy enough to say, would you let the guy who slept with your wife sit in your jumpseat, you know being a professional and all it should be fine!
Professionalism goes so far, there is a reason doctors are not allowed to work on family members.

“The most recent American Medical Association guidelines from the Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs state, “physicians generally should not treat themselves or members of their immediate families. Professional objectivity may be compromised when an immediate family member or the physician is the patient.”

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyzam »

mbav8r wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 pm
complexintentions wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am I do know I'll never allow a WestJet pilot anywhere near my j/s ever again after this. I have no use for the dubious "privilege" myself so there's no upside in allowing some whiny union weirdo moan the whole flight about the "scabs" that never were.

You would never occupy a WJ jumpseat anyhow, you are not employed by them.
As for swoop pilots sitting there, it seems to me it could be a safety issue. If the WJ pilots hold animosity towards them, for good reason, having them sitting two feet away from you would not be conducive to a safe flight deck.
Maybe you should find a safe place.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

MrTurbine wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 am
flyzam wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 am

Drama much '80@410'?
You have a valid point. But at the same time, I’d rather sit here and do something (within reason) to fight for what I believe, than sit back and let them believe that what they have done is totally okay, and they can now get away with it.
Keep in mind, it at works out at the end. We just needed support in the beginning , and our backs are still hurt from those stab wounds by a select few.
The stab wounds bear the clear marks of a typical ALPA campaign of convincing Encore and former Encore pilots that they would keep their spot on a list following certification. As we have seen, those were claims were negligent misrepresentations at best, at worst, and more likely the case, outright lies.

Can’t wait to find out if they go for retroactive dues. Stand by on that hot potato.

Ciao

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Actually No, they don't, but you just go along and keep telling yourself as much and anyone naïve enough to listen. :goodman:

Where do you come up with this stuff ?

It's borderline tinfoil - hat ramblings .

Last edited by .80@410 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just callin it like it is.
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Swoop pilots slept with your wife???

Just kidding....in all seriousness though, let go of the past...you will live longer

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

.80@410 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:37 am Actually No, they don't, but you just go along and keep telling yourself as much and anyone naïve enough to listen. :goodman:

Where do you come up with this stuff ?

It's borderline tinfoil - hat ramblings .
No they don't do "retroactive dues" they do a "one time assessment". But you just keep telling yourself they don't, and anyone else naive enough to listen. :roll:

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

Borderline? Back in the wjpa forum days he flooded the forums with so much useless garble that even the most loyal of wjpa supporters couldn’t handle opening/contributing to his topics anymore.

Just stop fuelling the weedpro posts. It’s Trump politics. You only need one person to believe what you say so if you say enough, you might just get support.

Nothing posted about this end of one list has any merit.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Are WJ pilots flying Swoop flights yet or is it just the scabs right now?

Return to “WestJet”