Cancelled flights.

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by V1Vr » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Liftdump wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:11 pm
As I read this thread in YVR Waiting for my third cancelled WJ flight. Get this the guest services CSR just told me the Encore cancelled portion was due to it being a PROPELLER PLANE and it can’t fly in the snow. Most of us on Avcanada should be dead by now,who would have thought.
Lol.
---------- ADS -----------
  

wjawannabe
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 am

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by wjawannabe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:57 am

...
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by HansDietrich » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:58 am

V1Vr wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:10 pm
Liftdump wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:11 pm
As I read this thread in YVR Waiting for my third cancelled WJ flight. Get this the guest services CSR just told me the Encore cancelled portion was due to it being a PROPELLER PLANE and it can’t fly in the snow. Most of us on Avcanada should be dead by now,who would have thought.
Lol.
Wow! Just wow
---------- ADS -----------
  
Das ist mir wurst...

fishface
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:20 pm

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by fishface » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Or what she meant was..... the Q400 is notorious for getting “Prop de-ice caution light”. If reset doesnt solve then swap/delay or cancel/fix.
---------- ADS -----------
  

mixturerich
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by mixturerich » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm

fishface wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm
Or what she meant was..... the Q400 is notorious for getting “Prop de-ice caution light”. If reset doesnt solve then swap/delay or cancel/fix.
Had the Q shaking like an animal one time in moderate-severe ice due to that issue. Pretty unnerving.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Eric Janson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 am

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by Eric Janson » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:58 pm

mixturerich wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm
fishface wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm
Or what she meant was..... the Q400 is notorious for getting “Prop de-ice caution light”. If reset doesnt solve then swap/delay or cancel/fix.
Had the Q shaking like an animal one time in moderate-severe ice due to that issue. Pretty unnerving.
You don't have a procedure to increase the prop RPM to throw the ice off then reduce back to normal RPM?
---------- ADS -----------
  
Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business

User avatar
EPR
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:38 am
Location: South of 60, finally!

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by EPR » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:29 pm

Eric Janson wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:58 pm
mixturerich wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm
fishface wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:23 pm
Or what she meant was..... the Q400 is notorious for getting “Prop de-ice caution light”. If reset doesnt solve then swap/delay or cancel/fix.
Had the Q shaking like an animal one time in moderate-severe ice due to that issue. Pretty unnerving.
You don't have a procedure to increase the prop RPM to throw the ice off then reduce back to normal RPM?
That would require the crew to have that little thing called "experience" in order to know that, sign of the times unfortunately! :rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------
  
Keep the dirty side down.

Eric Janson
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 797
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 am

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by Eric Janson » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm

EPR wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:29 pm
Eric Janson wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:58 pm
mixturerich wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm


Had the Q shaking like an animal one time in moderate-severe ice due to that issue. Pretty unnerving.
You don't have a procedure to increase the prop RPM to throw the ice off then reduce back to normal RPM?
That would require the crew to have that little thing called "experience" in order to know that, sign of the times unfortunately! :rolleyes:
Should be part of Line Training imho.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by sstaurus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Everyone is ignoring the bait about experience, but obviously, yes, it is SOP to increase to 1020/max in severe ice. Doesn’t work all that well always, or it comes off unevenly.
---------- ADS -----------
  

eliteair
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: Cancelled flights.

Post by eliteair » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:16 pm

https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/04/air ... ht-delays/

https://www.claimcompass.eu/blog/airline-ratings-2018/

"Although very long delays are still the exception rather than the rule, a signification portion of flights worldwide don't arrive as scheduled.

Our research revealed that in 2018
  • 24.30% of all flights were delayed by 15 minutes or more
  • the average time of delay per flight reached 47 minutes
  • on average, airlines took over 4m to process a claim for compensation
Best Airlines in 2018

1 - South African Airways (SA): 7.4/10
2 - SAS Scandinavian (SK): 7.3/10
3 - KLM (KL): 7.0/10
4 - Austrian Airlines (OS): 6.9/10
5 - Luxair (LG): 6.8/10
5 - Volotea (VOE): 6.8/10
7 - Ryanair (FR): 6.7/10
8 - WestJet (WS): 6.5/10
9 - American Airlines (AA): 6.4/10
9 - Etihad Airways (EY): 6.4/10
11 - Transavia Holland (HV): 6.3/10
12 - Easy Jet (EZY): 6.2/10
13 - Finnair (AY): 6.1/10
13 - Flybe (BE): 6.1/10
15 - Air France (AF): 6.0/10
15 - Qatar Airways (QR): 6.0/10
17 - Virgin Australia (VA): 5.9/10
17 - British Airways (BA): 5.9/10
19 - Wizz Air (W6): 5.8/10
19 - Delta Air Lines (DL): 5.8/10


Worst Airlines in 2018

71 - Tunisair (TU): 0.1/10
70 - Aigle Azur (ZI): 1.1/10
69 - TAP Portugal (TP): 1.3/10
67 - Thomas Cook Airlines (MT): 1.4/10
67 - WOW Air (WOW): 1.4/10
66 - Icelandair (FI): 2.0/10
65 - TUI Airways (BY): 2.3/10
63 - Egyptair (MS): 2.6/10
63 - Vueling (VY): 2.6/10
61 - Ethiopian Airlines (ET): 2.8/10
61 - Malaysia Airlnes (MH): 2.8/10
60 - Eurowings (EW): 2.9/10
59 - Condor (DE): 3.0/10
58 - Air Dolomiti (EN): 3.1/10
57 - Air Malta (KM): 3.2/10
56 - Air Serbia (ASL): 3.5/10
55 - Air India (AI): 3.6/10
54 - Air Mauritius (MK): 3.7 /10
53 - Germanwings (4U): 3.9/10
52 - Jet Airways (9W): 4.0/10
51 - Ukraine International Airlines (PS): 4.3/10
48 - Air Canada (AC): 4.5/10
48 - Emirates (EK): 4.5/10
48 - CityJet (WX): 4.5/10
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “WestJet”