Non-Pilot Jobs/Process at WJ

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BeechjetYKZ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Non-Pilot Jobs/Process at WJ

Post by BeechjetYKZ »

Unlike the majority of the postings about companies and jobs, I'm looking for advice for positions that are non-flying. I have set my sights on WJ and am ready to move to YYC should something become available for me. I have submitted several applications in the past however most of them were simply PFO'd shortly after the job closes. It seems like these guys are a tough nut to crack into. Of the one or two positions which I received calls about, both were given to internal applicants. I have a solid reference from a current Westjet employee however I still feel it is going to be very hard to get into this company unless I start slugging it out at the bottom again (ramp/air supply positions). I've got a good 4 years of F/T aviation experience (support staff relating to both flt ops and mtce) as well as several good internships from college. I'm young, passionate, and looking to move into a company where I will want to stay rather than ones where it's just "until something better comes along".

So folks, tell me, what is it that this company looks for or wants from a non-internal applicant?
---------- ADS -----------

Nothing cleans a dirty plane like 100LL!
gulfan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Non-Pilot Jobs/Process at WJ

Post by gulfan »

What role?
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”