Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Message
Author
True North
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#51 Post by True North » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:16 am

FICU wrote:Looks like the CEO's scare tactics of threatening to pull profit sharing and ESPP worked on the majority.
When did he do that?
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#52 Post by Lateralus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am

True North wrote:
FICU wrote:Looks like the CEO's scare tactics of threatening to pull profit sharing and ESPP worked on the majority.
When did he do that?

He didn't
---------- ADS -----------

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#53 Post by True North » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:31 am

Lateralus wrote:
True North wrote:
FICU wrote:Looks like the CEO's scare tactics of threatening to pull profit sharing and ESPP worked on the majority.
When did he do that?

He didn't
What? You mean it's the union agitators that are scare mongering?? :shock:
---------- ADS -----------

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:37 am

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#54 Post by FICU » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:53 am

He didn't...
"Having a union as your exclusive bargaining agent would have a significant impact on the nature of your employment and the way the company and employees interact with each other," Saretsky said in the email.

In a document attached to the email, WestJet says that a union cannot guarantee anything, including the terms of employment, current wages and profit sharing and the employee share purchase plan.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westjet ... -1.3109821
Lateralus wrote:
True North wrote:
FICU wrote:Looks like the CEO's scare tactics of threatening to pull profit sharing and ESPP worked on the majority.
When did he do that?

He didn't
---------- ADS -----------

Krimson
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#55 Post by Krimson » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:39 pm

It's over. Polls were in, thanks for coming out!
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:38 am
Location: The Wild Wild West.
Contact:

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#56 Post by twinpratts » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:43 am

I agree.
Now is the time to work together and unify as a group.
---------- ADS -----------
I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...

Smitty
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:20 am

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#57 Post by Smitty » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:46 am

Is the WPPA going to let that happen?

The impression I get is "union or bust".
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2795
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#58 Post by pelmet » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:15 am

highlander wrote:The saddest part here isn't that the vote went No or even Yes. The saddest part is that 55 said No while 45 said Yes. This is a split- and shows that the pilot group is quite divided.

Now is the time for the pilot group to unite. How- that is the real question
Time to get the old WJ way back in the airline. Time to be HAPPY.

Make a video like this for the airline. It is the Westjetty way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75dpEWd ... e=youtu.be

I flew on these guys once about 10 year back, but in the ATR on an inter-island flight.

But I sure would be HAPPY as well to go from an ATR to a 777.
---------- ADS -----------

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#59 Post by Johnny#5 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:31 am

Nice lookin bird they got there...
---------- ADS -----------

tincanflyer
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 371
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:27 pm

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#60 Post by tincanflyer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:24 pm

twinpratts wrote:I agree.
Now is the time to work together and unify as a group.
Work??? I thought the union was to protect those who don't want to work.......oh ya, they didn't get the yes vote.....back to work union bums!
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
Old fella
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:04 am

Re: Union Vote 22 July - 05 Aug

#61 Post by Old fella » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:47 am

pelmet wrote:
highlander wrote:The saddest part here isn't that the vote went No or even Yes. The saddest part is that 55 said No while 45 said Yes. This is a split- and shows that the pilot group is quite divided.

Now is the time for the pilot group to unite. How- that is the real question
Time to get the old WJ way back in the airline. Time to be HAPPY.

Make a video like this for the airline. It is the Westjetty way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75dpEWd ... e=youtu.be

I flew on these guys once about 10 year back, but in the ATR on an inter-island flight.

But I sure would be HAPPY as well to go from an ATR to a 777.
Watching this unfold with a tad bit of interest, there will no doubt be subtle repercussions against those who pushed for certification especially with what could be seen as a close vote. I mean the WJ culture has been called into question (because of that close showing, clearly a reasonable portion were not content), MGT and those who thought certification wasn’t a great idea (they won) will certainly remember. That is the nature of us human beasts, to suggest otherwise is pure folly.
Carry on!!!

:drinkers:
---------- ADS -----------

Post Reply

Return to “WestJet”