WestJet announces more flights from Edmonton

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

checkremarks
Rank 3
Rank 3

WestJet announces more flights from Edmonton

Post by checkremarks »

WestJet has announced a slough of new flights departing from Edmonton, including a new non-stop flight to Nanaimo, B.C. starting in December.

On Monday, WestJet announced 60 additional flights per week from Edmonton to Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Grande Prairie and Calgary.

"Edmonton is one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada and these important schedule improvements will support that growth," said Chris Avery, WestJet vice-president of network planning, alliances and corporate development. "These enhancements cover a broad range of areas including key business and leisure routes, greater flexibility for business travellers who want same-day return trips, and more choices for people looking for vacation opportunities."

The new non-stop flight between Nanaimo Airport and Edmonton International Airport (EIA) will be operated by WestJet Encore, beginning Dec. 15.

"Our community has been asking for this route for several years," said John Craig, chairman of the Nanaimo Airport Commission. "With this new service our travelers will now be able to fly either point-to-point or conveniently connect in Edmonton to other Canadian and worldwide destinations."

Starting Dec. 15, WestJet will increase their Edmonton to Kelowna, and Kelowna to Edmonton flights, from once daily to four times a day.

Also starting Dec. 15, flights from Edmonton to Saskatoon, and vice versa, will be increased from from once daily to three times a day.

Flights from Edmonton to Regina, and back, will also be upped from once daily to three times a day, starting Oct. 25.

Also, flights from Edmonton Grande Prairie, and back, will be increased from nine times a week to 23 times a week, starting Oct. 26.

Source: Edmonton Sun, http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/07/27/w ... g-edmonton
---------- ADS -----------

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"
"Why don't you knock it off with all them negative waves"
Prodriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: WestJet announces more flights from Edmonton

Post by Prodriver »

checkremarks wrote:WestJet has announced a slough of new flights departing from Edmonton, including a new non-stop flight to Nanaimo, B.C. starting in December.

On Monday, WestJet announced 60 additional flights per week from Edmonton to Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Grande Prairie and Calgary.

"Edmonton is one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada and these important schedule improvements will support that growth," said Chris Avery, WestJet vice-president of network planning, alliances and corporate development. "These enhancements cover a broad range of areas including key business and leisure routes, greater flexibility for business travellers who want same-day return trips, and more choices for people looking for vacation opportunities."

The new non-stop flight between Nanaimo Airport and Edmonton International Airport (EIA) will be operated by WestJet Encore, beginning Dec. 15.

"Our community has been asking for this route for several years," said John Craig, chairman of the Nanaimo Airport Commission. "With this new service our travelers will now be able to fly either point-to-point or conveniently connect in Edmonton to other Canadian and worldwide destinations."

Starting Dec. 15, WestJet will increase their Edmonton to Kelowna, and Kelowna to Edmonton flights, from once daily to four times a day.

Also starting Dec. 15, flights from Edmonton to Saskatoon, and vice versa, will be increased from from once daily to three times a day.

Flights from Edmonton to Regina, and back, will also be upped from once daily to three times a day, starting Oct. 25.

Also, flights from Edmonton Grande Prairie, and back, will be increased from nine times a week to 23 times a week, starting Oct. 26.

Source: Edmonton Sun, http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/07/27/w ... g-edmonton
I can't believe they won't go Edmonton to Fort St John direct.

"I need a time machine"
HiLo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by HiLo »

Prodriver wrote: I can't believe they won't go Edmonton to Fort St John direct.
Interesting...that route is served by only one direct daily flight...on CMA of all carriers. Must not be much demand if they can only fit 1 Dornier per day...

eggy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by eggy »

McDavid doing his part to help the aviation industry.

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

HiLo wrote:
Prodriver wrote: I can't believe they won't go Edmonton to Fort St John direct.
Interesting...that route is served by only one direct daily flight...on CMA of all carriers. Must not be much demand if they can only fit 1 Dornier per day...
I believe unlike when Transat signed the deal with WJ to do their vacation flying and etc, when WJ signed the interline agreement with CMA there was a clause of some sort to prevent competing for CMA's market because this interline agreement would apparently give WJ access to all of CMA's loads and how the routes are doing and etc. I don't know how true, but this is something that was circumvented a lot when the interline happened.

RustyDeuce
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RustyDeuce »

I had no idea WJ and CMA interlined. Had to look that one up!

canuckwings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by canuckwings »

RustyDeuce wrote:I had no idea WJ and CMA interlined. Had to look that one up!
Same here! I guess WS interlines with CMA's Dash 8 fleet? Or is WS okay to interline its Cx on Beechers?

loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

I believe the interline agreement was solely to the extent of pax being able to connect on a WJ pnr all the way through to their destination on CMA, and vice versa for example check in at YYD and fly all the way to yyz with no hiccups. Same thing offered on AC flights after CMA stopped AC code share flying.

I think CMA has been smart with how they've maintained their route network with minimal competition. On the CYVR-CYXS-CYVR run CMA continues on to CYYE so not really direct competition with Jazz/Encore because pax flying from CYVR to CYYE will stay on the plane in CYXS, and pax flying from CYXS to CYYE get on at CYXS, so the competition really isn't there on CYVR-CYXS. Just a route they all seem to operate on around the same time.

https://flycma.com/interline-flights/

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/about/airline-partners/

Return to “WestJet”