WPPA visits ALPA

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

beaverguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: WPPA visits ALPA

Post by beaverguy »

True North wrote:
fish4life wrote:I'm confused why people think a union will make anything better?
You won't get an answer to that, because there isn't one. And you're right, no one was forced to move to a new base. The entitled crowd that will try to tell you different.

Mr North.

I am very glad we did not hire you many years ago. Time to let it go. You have no skin in our game. Perhaps you could continue your career as an English teacher. Your teaching of grammar is very impressive. I feel there is no further need to discuss this with you. Not because I don't know what is going on inside our company, but because you don't.
---------- ADS -----------

St.Paddy's
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by St.Paddy's »

True North,

Never cared what you thought and never expected to stop you from trolling. There are great men and women that work at WestJet no matter what camp they sit in. You made comments that insulted colleagues who are very good friends of mine and I thought it prudent to waste time in responding to you. I don't typically post on here and won't from now on. While you are on you're carton though I hope your having :prayer: a great day sir.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Is this the airlines way of telling the WPPA to 'let it go'…?

http://blog.westjet.com/disney-frozen-themed-plane/

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

beaverguy wrote:Mr North.

I am very glad we did not hire you many years ago. Time to let it go. You have no skin in our game. Perhaps you could continue your career as an English teacher. Your teaching of grammar is very impressive. I feel there is no further need to discuss this with you. Not because I don't know what is going on inside our company, but because you don't.
In a previous post you stated that “…since “the vote” (sic) and the only information put out by the current association is a survey on the golf tournament”. This was immediately refuted by one of your own guys so we have established that you are not above lying to promote your cause.

It’s easy to go on the internet and make inflammatory statements in an attempt to further your cause, like your comment about “empty promises”. If you actually substantiate that statement you might even garner some support. As it stands, it just looks like another lie. Deflecting it by stating you won’t discuss it further is childish and cowardly. No credibility.

Anyone who has ever been around during a union drive is not surprised by any of this.

And it was a spelling lesson, not a grammar lesson. :roll:

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

ALPA dues are based on 1.9% of the pilots salary. No WJ pilots "salary" is 315K. Their Total Compensation includes SALARY, ESP, Profit Share, Stock Options, etc etc.

Year 12 Captain $196.62hr X 930 straight time hours= $182,857 @ 1.9% = $3474 which with the tax deduction would be approx $2200 yr.

Year 3 FO at $81.01hr X 930 Straight time hours = $75,339 @ 1.9% = $1431 with the tax deduction guessing $900 yr?

WJPA dues are increasing to $520yr with no tax deductions under the current constitution.

sarg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by sarg »

Tacoma wrote:ALPA dues are based on 1.9% of the pilots salary. No WJ pilots "salary" is 315K. Their Total Compensation includes SALARY, ESP, Profit Share, Stock Options, etc etc.

Year 12 Captain $196.62hr X 930 straight time hours= $182,857 @ 1.9% = $3474 which with the tax deduction would be approx $2200 yr.

Year 3 FO at $81.01hr X 930 Straight time hours = $75,339 @ 1.9% = $1431 with the tax deduction guessing $900 yr?

WJPA dues are increasing to $520yr with no tax deductions under the current constitution.
Tacoma,
Do you have an ALPA contract, I don't. Just wondering what their definition of salary is? It might include a lot of the item in the total compensation including OT, which could drive the numbers up.

Cheers

Notta Simfalt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Notta Simfalt »

Alpa dues are taken from your T4 pay. So it includes OT and any other pay, like check pilot extra wages. Not on employee share purchase or expenses.

Badges? We don't need no steenkin badges!
aerobod
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aerobod »

A WestJet T4 besides base salary and overtime will include as income the employer and employee share purchase values, RSUs when they vest, the net benefit of stock options when they are exercised and other income (such as when the company gives a free confirmed flight, it will be taxed at 50% as income, as it is an employment benefit) , the only thing not include as income are expenses.

Squid
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Squid »

On top of Justin's new 33% tax and your new NDP provincial tax of 13 or 14% why not allow a little more from alpa for a great shiny magazine. I wonder what it cost for the Canadian alpa exec to go down and meet cass.

Return to “WestJet”