Flight Deck Visit

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Elessar_44
Rank 3
Rank 3

Flight Deck Visit

Post by Elessar_44 »

Hey gang. Going YYZ - MCO#1228 next week on the 28th, with my wife, our best friends and their 2 kiddies (3y and 8 mos), and was hoping we would be able to pop up to the flight deck after arrival to say hello and get a pic with the little one up front. She digs that kind of stuff! First time flyers for both of the little ones also.

I was thinking of bringing the FAs a box of TimBits as a bit of a little bribe, to share among the crew. Think it would be possible or is this off limits for non-crew? Even if we can't do it, everyone enjoys a couple of fresh TimBits on a busy flight!

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Flight Deck Visit

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

The last time I flew WJ, one of the cabin crew asked my 3 kids what their names were...
She came back later during the flight with 3 "certificates" with the kids names printed on them. She told the children that after we had landed that they needed to go see the pilots up front for a tour and to have their certificates signed!

Lovely gesture on this particular FA's part!

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

Elessar_44 wrote:Hey gang. Going YYZ - MCO#1228 next week on the 28th, with my wife, our best friends and their 2 kiddies (3y and 8 mos), and was hoping we would be able to pop up to the flight deck after arrival to say hello and get a pic with the little one up front. She digs that kind of stuff! First time flyers for both of the little ones also.

I was thinking of bringing the FAs a box of TimBits as a bit of a little bribe, to share among the crew. Think it would be possible or is this off limits for non-crew? Even if we can't do it, everyone enjoys a couple of fresh TimBits on a busy flight!

Thanks!
No bribe required, but something tasty probably wouldn't be refused :)

Not operating this flight, but I think I can speak for most of us by saying I always welcome visits to the flight deck! I usually have stickers or something for the little kids. We also welcome the grown up kids as well.

Tiny Voices
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tiny Voices »

For the love of Jebus, not more Timbits! I can't speak for everyone, but im gonna offload the next person who brings those things as a gift for the crew.

In all seriousness though, there's no bribery required. Happy to have folks pop to say hello, give a flight deck tour to kids of all ages, and get a few pictures to remember your trip. Just ask the lead when you come on board. If we aren't busy at that moment, we can accommodate then, but for sure when you get to your destination.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Tiny Voices wrote:For the love of Jebus, not more Timbits! I can't speak for everyone, but im gonna offload the next person who brings those things as a gift for the crew.
Such a problem! The last time I had a flight deck visitor they gifted me a kick to the guybits.

Tiny Voices
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Tiny Voices »

Any more Timbits and I won't be able to find my guy bits.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

We always have kids come up, gets us out of grooming :)
Seriously though just let the lead know what you would like to do and they will accommodate.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Elessar_44
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Elessar_44 »

Hah, OK no more Timbits...maybe cookies instead??? Don't want to come empty handed.

Thanks for the advice everyone, we're looking forward to the trip!

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

Elessar_44 wrote:Hah, OK no more Timbits...maybe cookies instead??? Don't want to come empty handed.

Thanks for the advice everyone, we're looking forward to the trip!
No gifts required. Just come up and give the children a wonderful experience. We want flying on Westjet to be a great experience and for you to have a fantastic holiday. Of course you are encourage you come back for many more flights AND tell all your friends about the great service! :mrgreen:

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Return to “WestJet”