Westjet Service is Bad

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pigboat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Westjet Service is Bad

Post by pigboat »

Hello,

Just a small experiment!

I have noticed that any negative posts about WJ get removed, often quite quickly. Two WJ threads (not flattering) were taken down in the last week, even though they were featured in news articles.

However, bashing AC seems to cause no upset to the moderators unless the posts are way out of line. i.e. ..... Air Canada service is bad..... I accept the subject matter as being fair; as long as what is good for the goose is good for the gander! There is the appearance of bias?

Just saying!
---------- ADS -----------

Lateralus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Westjet Service is Bad

Post by Lateralus »

pigboat wrote:Hello,

Just a small experiment!

I have noticed that any negative posts about WJ get removed, often quite quickly. Two WJ threads (not flattering) were taken down in the last week, even though they were featured in news articles.

However, bashing AC seems to cause no upset to the moderators unless the posts are way out of line. i.e. ..... Air Canada service is bad..... I accept the subject matter as being fair; as long as what is good for the goose is good for the gander! There is the appearance of bias?

Just saying!
Dude you need a new hobby.

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Not me,
I have noticed that the WJ pilots are really "hands on", and because they can't seem to take no for an answer, I have experienced zero ATC delays with them. Furthermore, most do not abide by the " go slow" approach..it is full steam ahead and "balls to the wall".....
Sorry, Too soon?
Cheers.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Piggy, I 'took down' one of those threads last week. In actual fact it was a duplicate thread, started in the WJ forum, I assume, by someone who missed the fact that there was a discussion ongoing in the General forum already. The original thread was in the general forum, and the new one was in the WJ forum. The 'takedown' was actually a thread merge, in which the posts in the WJ forum were added to those in the General forum. You can see the splice quite clearly here: http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 7&start=25 if you look at the time/date stamps on the posts.
I'm sure that if you hunt around for any of the other 'missing' WJ threads, you'll find the same is true for them. There's no missing trove of controversial WJ threads lurking in the modcave to the best of my knowledge! :goodman:

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

When there's a merge of two threads about the same hot-button issue, perhaps the mods could leave a little note under the thread title that gets erased (and a link, of course) that itself gets deleted after some appropriate length of time. For example, if WJ had a gear-up I think it would be safe to say there would at the very least be a thread in the WJ forum, one in Accidents and probably two in General. That's four threads that likely would get merged into one, leaving 3/4 of the posters wondering where their opinions went.

Anyways, just a thought to get some helpful transparency.

pigboat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pigboat »

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

The two subjects seemed to relate more directly to the"WestJet" thread so I did not expect the issues to be in the " General discussion" thread.

Regards!

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brooks »

pigboat wrote:Hello,

Just a small experiment!

Just saying!
Great topic title. You should have just said it sucks or something. :o

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

the problem that WestJet now has to live with is that through HYPE along with some delivery they built up an expectation of "Superior Service" and now that they are merely just another Large Carrier, the reality doesn't mirror the image.

ravensrule
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ravensrule »

Longtimer wrote:the problem that WestJet now has to live with is that through HYPE along with some delivery they built up an expectation of "Superior Service" and now that they are merely just another Large Carrier, the reality doesn't mirror the image.
Today I did a turn to a Caribbean destination. Two guests forgot an iPhone 6S Plus and a wallet. Knowing things go missing down south at hotels, etc. I went into the Customs hall and return both items personally to the guests. We easily could have a) handed it over to the CSAs hoping they were returned or b) just brought them both to Canada and trusted our Baggage Service Agents deal with it. I'm not sure all 11000 of us would have done this, but the passion is still alive for a lot.

aerobod
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aerobod »

ravensrule wrote:
Longtimer wrote:the problem that WestJet now has to live with is that through HYPE along with some delivery they built up an expectation of "Superior Service" and now that they are merely just another Large Carrier, the reality doesn't mirror the image.
Today I did a turn to a Caribbean destination. Two guests forgot an iPhone 6S Plus and a wallet. Knowing things go missing down south at hotels, etc. I went into the Customs hall and return both items personally to the guests. We easily could have a) handed it over to the CSAs hoping they were returned or b) just brought them both to Canada and trusted our Baggage Service Agents deal with it. I'm not sure all 11000 of us would have done this, but the passion is still alive for a lot.
Last year when my iPhone 6 slipped out of my pocket as I got up from my seat on a flight inbound from the US, before I could report the phone lost, it had already been found during grooming wedged in the seat I had been occupying and I was being paged to go to baggage services before I had left the customs area.

When I was grooming an aircraft last month on arrival in Calgary from Montreal, I found a passport in a seat pocket and passed it to a CSA who managed to page and locate the owner before they even reached the baggage carousel.

I would say the WestJetter passion for doing the right thing and helping guests as much as possible is still very much alive.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Yup, run folks down in customs halls all over the system. Taken lots of fun pictures with kids, talk lots with our guests. It's the little things people remember. Our overall product while good is not on par with say AC, but no one has our level on engagement, in Canada anyways.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

WJ is like any other established airline. It has its admirers and as well it's distractors, nothing new here. Like its main competitors, it does the best it can in the current aviation environment and to date, certainly successful. Service I got from them has been first rate, ditto for AC, Porter and Jazz.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Slacking the moderators? Listen, if a thread get complained about by using that little red exclamation mark the thread is often removed to the mod cave and reviewed. Sometimes it stays removed and sometimes it is reviewed, the offending passages removed and it is returned. For some reason you are accusing the moderators of a bias against AC? It is the same steps for them as it is for Westjet.
We are not in here 24/7. I am retired so I do try to get in a couple times a day, other mods have jobs like being pilots that take them away for a time.
It may take a bit more time to get the more technical threads that are removed edited and returned as I, for one, know next to nothing about the technical end of the business. That's why we try and have mods that know something about each aspect of aviation.
A little patience is appreciated while we sift our way through in this high paying job we have of moderating this site to try and make it enjoyable for all who visit it.

Return to “WestJet”