WestJet and London: A mess or a success?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Re: WestJet and London: A mess or a success?

Post by Old fella »

KAG wrote:Like most things that get voted down, some people thought it was ok. The group didn't. Like I said no biggie, we'll get it fixed up and carry on.
Did your negotiating committee recommend accepting what the company offered you. If they did and membership indicated no , not accepting then that means the membership has lost confidence in the committe which usually means resignations and a new committee is set up.
---------- ADS -----------

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by URC »

And the fun continues. I see the previous two nights the YYZ-LGW flight was cancelled, and tonight they are running two flights to catch up. Two flights on the same night, I guess that increases the odds 50% of a diversion somewhere. Anyone have Goose Bay or Iqaluit on their WJ 767 Diversion Bingo Card ?

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

WS2 cancelled LGW YYC

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

WestJet is promoting their non stop service from Alberta to Hawaii starting in Dec. Let's hope they get their 767 aircraft reliability fixed.

Baron
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Baron »

I have flown on AC and WJ to London and by far WJ was a better experience. The crews and counter don't have that old Crown Corp attitude that is still prevalent at AC

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

Ah, yes, that mythical "Old Crown Corp attitude", which I have yet to encounter in 40+ years of flying with AC.

Both carriers provide safe and fairly reliable service. Any given employee, or crew, can have an off day from time to time, including (but not limited to) AC and WJ. Don't drink the kool-aid. :rolleyes:

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

I am a pilot who commutes on both AC and WJ and am not employed by either. While AC does have some great agents and f/a's I definitely get friendlier, better service with more smiles at WJ.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

YYZSaabGuy wrote:Ah, yes, that mythical "Old Crown Corp attitude", which I have yet to encounter in 40+ years of flying with AC.

Both carriers provide safe and fairly reliable service. Any given employee, or crew, can have an off day from time to time, including (but not limited to) AC and WJ. Don't drink the kool-aid. :rolleyes:
Well I have been flying on Canadian airlines as a passenger just as long as many of you chaps have flying their aircraft, perhaps longer in many cases. All of yer airlines provide a safe, reliable, efficient service to the best of your abilities in the difficult environment of the aviation industry here in Canada. I have a hell of a lot more to be satisfied with than to be pissed off about over the many decades as a pax on Canadian airlines.

By your leave
:drinkers: :supz: :partyman:

aerobod
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aerobod »

Longtimer wrote:WestJet is promoting their non stop service from Alberta to Hawaii starting in Dec. Let's hope they get their 767 aircraft reliability fixed.
All 4 aircraft are just finishing an approximately 2 week rotation each with Premier Aviation in KRME to ready them for the winter schedule.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

Anyone know why the Westjet 767 from London-Toronto was squawking 7700 yesterday?

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

They have so many problems on that route that's just the code they get in the clearance now.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

lololol

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Oxi wrote:lololol
Laughing out loud out loud out loud?
try roflmao= rolling on floor laughing my ass off

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"

Return to “WestJet”