Wje flight path program.

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Pt6-42
Rank 2
Rank 2

Wje flight path program.

Post by Pt6-42 »

Have interviews started for this yet? Any chance getting on with less than the hr requirments outlined?
---------- ADS -----------

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Wje flight path program.

Post by JBI »

As I understand it, and I do not have any inside knowledge of the program, there have already been interviews. Successful applicants are giving a conditional job offer and have a year to get to 1500 hours and ATPL signed off.

pilotguy2017
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pilotguy2017 »

Scary, yet they turn down the hand full of qualified guys still applying (with the shortage of qualified guys looming) or vet them out in their recruitment process of hoop after hoop after hoop. :rolleyes:

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

Define "Qualified".

While flight hours and experience are the starting point, with WestJet it's never JUST been about experience. They have turned down Flight Path Applicants as well.

spkg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spkg »

I recently passed 1000 hours and decided to throw a application just to see what happens, but was automatically rejected by the jobs website stating that I do not meet the qualifications, the only answer I had to answer no to was the 250 PIC question, but I didn't see that as a requirement for the "Flight Path" program. anyone had similar experiences? Is it just a bug on the site, or do they actually want 250 PIC but just didn't include it in the description.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi
The 250pic is a requirement - therefore a knockout question.
Cheers

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Hi DaveP,

It looks like the poster was applying to the Flightpath pilot program. Taking a peak at the ad, it looks like 250 PIC is only a requirement to be offered employment and not a requirement to be considered for an interview.

It says that you need 1000 hours to initiate a profile. That's the only time requirement that I can see.

If indeed the 250 PIC is required to start a profile, perhaps the wording of the ad needs to be revisited.

Cheers

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
CXPESA
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CXPESA »

Same deal here, applied with more than 1000 TT, more than 250 PIC and got the automated reply 1 minute after applying.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi Guys
The recruiters had a look at the screening q's. It should be good there now. Cheers

Return to “WestJet”