Perks of working for West Jet

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Calinadian
Rank 0
Rank 0

Perks of working for West Jet

Post by Calinadian »

Hey guys,

I'm excited to be joining the WestJet family, I've heard of all the ups and downs and I'd like to focus more on the ups. People have shared stories with me of random perks, where WestJet employees receive discounts on things like lift passes at Ski Resorts, or the occasional discounted meal.

Has anyone else heard of this, or what are some of your experiences and stories you'd like to share!
Let's keep this positive

Thanks everyone!
---------- ADS -----------

YesMassaPayson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Perks of working for West Jet

Post by YesMassaPayson »

wj.jpg
wj.jpg (95.38 KiB) Viewed 13304 times

BusDriver
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BusDriver »

Unlimited supply of free Kool-aid!

Pierre Maguire should have his larnyx ripped out! IDIOT!
Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Last edited by Maxpwr on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Free coffee...

An airline pilot extolling the virtues of free coffee. The bottom of this barrel must be near.

Thanks for the laugh.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
aerobod
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aerobod »

Calinadian wrote:Hey guys,

I'm excited to be joining the WestJet family, I've heard of all the ups and downs and I'd like to focus more on the ups. People have shared stories with me of random perks, where WestJet employees receive discounts on things like lift passes at Ski Resorts, or the occasional discounted meal.

Has anyone else heard of this, or what are some of your experiences and stories you'd like to share!
Let's keep this positive

Thanks everyone!
Besides extensive travel related perks, there are just under 800 organizations with deals offered to WestJetters posted on WestNet (the internal intranet). Everything from car dealerships to movers, dry cleaners, restaurants, health clubs, etc. I would say most discounts are 10 to 15%, but some can be more. You will have access to WestNet via a web browser from anywhere once you have a company login ID.

On the travel perks side of things, besides unlimited standby travel, discounted confirmed seats, companion and parents travel and buddy passes, you will also have access to travel industry discounts for cheap cruises and destination resorts via companies such as Dargal and Interline Travel. After 6 months as an employee you can interline standby travel on many other airlines around the world, many of which can be booked online with Zed Travel.

Congratulations on your new job and welcome to WestJet!

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Last edited by Maxpwr on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Please note the full cup here. Yum!

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Calinadian
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Calinadian »

Haha hey not gonna lie I would be pretty stoked to receive free Kool aid, good chance I would be winning the number 1 Uncle Award then :wink: . Thanks for the responses guys! I am growing more and more excited each day, sounds like you can get some decent perks through the internal website, and those flight benefits seem pretty legit.

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Welcome aboard! you can find all the corporate discounts on Westnet, under Westjet deals.

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...

Return to “WestJet”