Encore take home pay?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

daniele.fix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Encore take home pay?

Post by daniele.fix »

For those of you at Encore, how much are you taking home at the end of the year on average before tax? F/O's specifically
---------- ADS -----------

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Encore take home pay?

Post by seriousflyer »

Anywhere from $1000-$2000/bi- weekly after tax. Depends on what type of worker your are. PM me for details.

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

seriousflyer wrote:Anywhere from $1000-$2000/bi- weekly after tax. Depends on what type of worker your are. PM me for details.
+1

But I would tighten that to say 1700-2000 x bi weekly if you are flying 85 hrs per month with minimal OT.

That includes per diems and allowances.

Last edited by JAHinYYC on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mato
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mato »

JAHinYYC wrote:
seriousflyer wrote: That includes per diems and allowances.
:rolleyes:

How much money would you spend on food working 16-20 days in a month? 2k can't include perdiem can it?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

JAHinYYC wrote:
seriousflyer wrote:Anywhere from $1000-$2000/bi- weekly after tax. Depends on what type of worker your are. PM me for details.
+1

But I would tighten that to say 1700-2000/mo if you are flying 85 hrs per month with minimal OT.

Someone's math is wrong

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

He probably meant 1700 - 2000 bi weekly. Which is average and is realistic. However if you do zero flying and contribute to stock plan, your minimum cheque is 1050.

How much money do I spend on food ? Competley subjective. PM me.

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

av8ts wrote:
JAHinYYC wrote:
+1

But I would tighten that to say 1700-2000/mo if you are flying 85 hrs per month with minimal OT.

Someone's math is wrong
I am sorry. I made an error (since corrected). I meant to say 1700-2000 per check.

I apologize for the temporary increase in blood pressure.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

how much is it without per diem included?

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

First year FO pay is $42.73 per credit
Minimum monthly Guarantee is 75 hours per month
Depending on the month, some pilots are blocked over 75, some under.
Deadheads are paid at 50% and outside of the minimum block.

Without overtime, dry cleaning allowance, ESP, Profit Share, Per diems, stats - base salary before taxes is right around $40k per year. 

Depending on the above factors and whether you contribute to the ESP at 10% company match, total remuneration (not to be confused with cash in hand) before taxes for a first year FO will be in the $55,000 / year range.

Not trying to suggest it's better or worse than anywhere else, just giving info. Lots of pros and cons to going to different regionals these days and its great that there's lots of options for pilots.

Also as an aside, not sure why we're so secretive about these pay rates in Canada, in the US all this info can be found through airlinepilotcentral and AeroCrew News. In my opinion it's best to get these things out there.

Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

JBI wrote:Not sure why we're so secretive about these pay rates
Might have something to do with the contracts we sign that prohibit us from disclosing contractual information about the pay at the companies we work for. It's not like you're giving up the colonel's secret recipe, but do you really want to risk losing your job at a Tier 1 airline just so you can please a few anonymous nobodies on a public forum?

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

Encore is a Tier 2 airline.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Last edited by Maxpwr on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 180 »

Jimmy2 wrote:Encore is a Tier 2 airline.
True. But if you get fired from Encore, you lose your job at a tier 1 airline.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

You don't have a job at a teir 1 airline till your boots are on the ground

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

180 wrote:
JBI wrote:Not sure why we're so secretive about these pay rates
Might have something to do with the contracts we sign that prohibit us from disclosing contractual information about the pay at the companies we work for. It's not like you're giving up the colonel's secret recipe, but do you really want to risk losing your job at a Tier 1 airline just so you can please a few anonymous nobodies on a public forum?
Just sign a union card and you will not have to worry about ridiculous individual employment contracts filled with bogus company clauses. The WJ pilots did it. Time for the WJE pilots to step up.

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

I have been a non-unionized pilot at WestJet since January 6, 2003 (and counting) and have never had an employment contract that was
filled with bogus company clauses
nor did I worry about same. I would imagine the same is true at WJE.

Just an update: I did get 4th in the distance round in my wingsuit competition in Chicago last weekend. I'm off to Washington state today for training and the final qualifying round of the Wide Open Wingsuit Series. This time I will be using a secret device that will indicte when I am flying at or near the best L/D AOA, something that I hope will give me an edge over the world class athletes I'll be racing against.

Six weeks off, work two weeks, six more weeks off, in June til August. All without the help of a union.

Cheers

Captain You Won't Believe How Awesome I Am

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

rudder wrote:
Just sign a union card and you will not have to worry about ridiculous individual employment contracts filled with bogus company clauses. The WJ pilots did it. Time for the WJE pilots to step up.
I've been around the block in my career, including time at Jazz which was union. I've been with Encore for a short time and I can say that there is nothing bogus about it, no hidden agendas like people think. In fact I love it here much more than my time at Jazz.

Unions only give the ability to strike, that its...

If ALPA is so great, than look how awesome the new Jazz contract is, look at the mess Wasaya is in. The only thing a union will do for Encore is potentially ensure the one list.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

flyinhigh wrote:
rudder wrote:
Unions only give the ability to strike, that its...

If ALPA is so great, than look how awesome the new Jazz contract is, look at the mess Wasaya is in. The only thing a union will do for Encore is potentially ensure the one list.
Just want to point something out for you, ALPA(Jazz MEC) was able to protect our current WAWCONs with some improvements and offer a great choice for the pilots to go to AC with essentially no loss in pay, after the four years of pay protection, pilots would be on the fifth year AC pay which is a raise in most cases.
ALPA resources made available to pilot groups during negotiations are significant and should not be discounted and there are many benefits to being part of ALPA, so the benefit to Encore pilots would not simply be ensuring the one list, imagine a world where all pilots in Canada have one voice, certainly wouldn't be any undercutting allowed under ALPA.
Also, as WJ pilot you should be concerned that as I type this, Saretsky is figuring out a way to entice Encore pilots to flow to the new ULCC and undercut the WJ pilots with promises of quick upgrades and growth potential but hey, I'm a pessimist!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

mbav8r wrote: Also, as WJ pilot you should be concerned that as I type this, Saretsky is figuring out a way to entice Encore pilots to flow to the new ULCC and undercut the WJ pilots with promises of quick upgrades and growth potential but hey, I'm a pessimist!
And we all know many pilots will step on whoever they can to fly that shiny big metal. Saretsky is smarter than he lets on.. not that I agree with it.

Spruce Moose
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Spruce Moose »

Nothing has been put forward in terms of WAWCON for the ULCC, let alone anything set in stone yet. The last thing the vast majority of us want to do is flow over to the ULCC for less than what the Boeing is paying now. At the end of the day an airplane is an airplane, improving working conditions going forward and not taking a step backwards matters far more in the long run.

Regarding the original topic, the worst cheque I had as an FO was 1100ish after taxes. That was a two week period with zero flying. Most of the guys and gals that I fly with seem to be doing 60-90 hrs a month so 1500-2000 per cheque after taxes seems more reasonable (per diems included). As a CA you're looking at 2000-2200 after taxes on average flying 70-80 hrs a month and no OT, the worst was 1600 with vacation and minimal flying.

Cheers

Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full

Return to “WestJet”