Any Conflicting Traffic Please Advise

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Any Conflicting Traffic Please Advise

Post by ahramin »

If someone knows the guy doing WS4 on July 25th, please tell him that when making your radio calls during a contigency weather deviation procedure that it isn't necessary to say "Any conflicting traffic please advise". I'm sure they'll let you know.
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Any Conflicting Traffic Please Advise

Post by 7ECA »

That stupidity has spread to the airlines? Well, I'll be damned. :rolleyes:

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

ahramin wrote:If someone knows the guy doing WS4 on July 25th, please tell him that when making your radio calls during a contigency weather deviation procedure that it isn't necessary to say "Any conflicting traffic please advise". I'm sure they'll let you know.
While I might agree with you let me add it's totally classless to out someone on an online forum if you are not ready to out yourself.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Does a forum moderator need to out himself?

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Cat Driver wrote:Does a forum moderator need to out himself?
I have no idea what you are talking about and I don't care Cat.

For the others I will say that any WJ crew can find the names of the crew with the info posted. Same as at my airline. And that's classless.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Whoever this guy was, I like him already. What a great game to play, say something enraging but ultimately harmless on the radio then see how long it takes to get posted to AvCan. Love it.

young grasshopper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by young grasshopper »

Ahramin wrote:
If someone knows the guy doing WS4 on July 25th, please tell him that when making your radio calls during a contigency weather deviation procedure that it isn't necessary to say "Any conflicting traffic please advise". I'm sure they'll let you know.
Can you believe someone would throw in some extra words into a traffic advisory like that? The gall!

On a somewhat related note: does anyone know if the Guard Police post their vacancies here on AvCanada? Asking for a friend.

YG
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

While I might agree with you let me add it's totally classless to out someone on an online forum if you are not ready to out yourself.
atphat, my comment was to point out that Ahramin is a moderator on Avcanada and has been forever he does not need to out himself.

He is as easy to identify as that pilot he wrote the comment about.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

atphat wrote:
ahramin wrote:If someone knows the guy doing WS4 on July 25th, please tell him that when making your radio calls during a contigency weather deviation procedure that it isn't necessary to say "Any conflicting traffic please advise". I'm sure they'll let you know.
I guess that means I'm classless then. Not sure I understand the problem. Care to explain?

peakbagger
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by peakbagger »

100% a lame call

10 X more douchey to bring it up here.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

Quite often we are a product of our environment. We often adapt what we see and hear from our peers/mentors out of a blind faith. A consequence is a few ass-hat calls that are frankly everywhere in this industry. You'll hear it in the terminals as much as in the sky;

"Last and final call." How about just saying "Last call... or Final call."

"Paging Mr. Jones, if you here your name please..." How about just saying "Paging Mr. Jones..." If poor Mr. Jones doesn't hear his name - the instructions are moot.

Sloppy but not a big deal. The "conflicting traffic" guy from the other day heard this and likely incorporated into his vernacular somewhere over the years. Sloppy but no biggie and not a determining factor in this person's competency. He's not the only one and he certainly wasn't the first.

Thanks for taking the time ahramin to shine so brightly for all of us to admire.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

No he is right. These chucker should be shamed. It is is the only way they will stop. Comparing radio call to a PA announcement in the terminal does not make sense as one is highly congested and the other barely used.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Somewhere between Colombo and Perth. Middle of the night, on CPDLC, dead quiet on the radio for hours, until...

"Where arrrre you?"

.....long pause....

"Where AArrrrre you?

....long pause...

"Where ARRRRRRREEEEeeeee you?"

Voice in heavy Aussie accent (of course) "MATE, YER ON GUARD!"

"THERRRE you arrrre..."

Threads like this make me want to start practicing my barnyard animal noises again. Shame on y'all for provoking me. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

A well know Kelowna Flying Club is teaching their students to say it, the arseholes..

As if I might be tempted to ignore their position messages if they don't append the frivolous statement.

Listened to people arriving for a fly-in breakfast in Alberta a couple of years ago. A zillion aircraft calling their position and intentions every five miles. And each adding "Conflicting traffic... etc". Talk about a friggin' cluster-XXXX...

Smitty
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Smitty »

My pet peeve is people telling me about their pet peeves....Which of course makes me conflicted about telling you all about my pet peeve.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

complexintentions wrote:Somewhere between Colombo and Perth. Middle of the night, on CPDLC, dead quiet on the radio for hours, until...

"Where arrrre you?"

.....long pause....

"Where AArrrrre you?

....long pause...

"Where ARRRRRRREEEEeeeee you?"

Voice in heavy Aussie accent (of course) "MATE, YER ON GUARD!"

"THERRRE you arrrre..."

Threads like this make me want to start practicing my barnyard animal noises again. Shame on y'all for provoking me. :mrgreen:
Like. :lol:

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

I miss the guy who would make Wookiee noises on 22.8 !!!

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Smitty wrote:My pet peeve is people telling me about their pet peeves....Which of course makes me conflicted about telling you all about my pet peeve.
Any conflicting opinions please advise...

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

The one time I had a legitimate reason to use 121.5, the guard police were making it difficult to accomplish what was intended. It was quite obvious I was intending to use that frequency too.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

I have always thought that using 121.5 to complain about the imbeciles that play around on 121.5 is counterproductive at best. If a frequency is reserved for emergencies, that goes for everyone. Guard police included.

Return to “WestJet”