Encore hiring 1500 hour Captains now?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Encore hiring 1500 hour Captains now?

Post by Dry Guy »

And we'd like to thank them for taking 95% of the dude bros.
---------- ADS -----------

GTF
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GTF »

mbav8r wrote: I heard the other day and of course it's hearsay, Horizon was in Canada recruiting and had green cards, was offering 75g for Q FOs and a 2 year path to Alaskan, if this is true things are going to get interesting up here.
It's amazing what sort of things can come out of the rumor mill... I work at Horizon, and I have never heard about anything like this. We certainly are hurting for FOs (by that I mean cancellations and scheduling reductions amounting to thousands of flights in 2017, and it continues to this day with no end in sight) but as others have said, they can't simply offer green cards to folks, it just doesn't work that way. Also, our new-hire bonuses are 20k on the Q, and 10k on the E-175. First year FOs start at 40/hr (USD).

We do NOT have flow to Alaska... AT ALL, though that may be changing. They like to say that 30% of Alaska's new hires come from Horizon, and while that may be true, successful candidates often sit in a pool waiting for a class date while pilots from other regional carriers who interviewed later, come in and gain seniority and start before them. We DO have a guaranteed interview, but nothing says they have to actually hire any of us.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Yah, dang rumour mill, ok well good to know, that's too bad about no flow, might actually help recruitment if you did.

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

Sounds a lot like the Express deal with AC on a "guaranteed interview" for "flow".

Return to “WestJet”