Swoop pilot hiring.

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Swoop pilot hiring.

Post by HansDietrich »

Black_Tusk wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 am ...All I ever hear is how hard done by they all were by AC in the 90s and a lot of them still hold big grudges. Especially ex Air Ontario.
Oh yeah. I've heard this quite a number of times, how some of the old Air Ontario boys have zero love for Air Canada pilots. This is coming from their mouths directly and in from some of the stories I've heard, it's for good reason too. Funny though, the same "injustice" that AC pilots did to them, I could argue that they did to us new guys.

I think the sooner we agree that everyone is in it for themselves, and "pilot unity" is but a wish, the more we can accept the industry. (And I'm pointing the finger at myself and foremost, then everyone else.
---------- ADS -----------

Das ist mir wurst...
HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

HansDietrich wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am
Black_Tusk wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 am ...All I ever hear is how hard done by they all were by AC in the 90s and a lot of them still hold big grudges. Especially ex Air Ontario.
Oh yeah. I've heard this quite a number of times, how some of the old Air Ontario boys have zero love for Air Canada pilots. This is coming from their mouths directly and in from some of the stories I've heard, it's for good reason too. Funny though, the same "injustice" that AC pilots did to them, I could argue that they did to us new guys.

I think the sooner we agree that everyone is in it for themselves, and "pilot unity" is but a wish, the more we can accept the industry. (And I'm pointing the finger at myself first and foremost, then everyone else.

Das ist mir wurst...
Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

HansDietrich wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

It is ironic, isn't it?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

I really have to ask, how is the fact you, YOU chose to accept the pay at Jazz the same as a group of pilots who agreed to binding arbitration, didn’t like the results and pulled out of the agreement?
You need to take responsibility for your own actions, I didn’t force you to apply or come to Jazz, not one of us held a gun to your head. Seriously, why is it everyone else’s fault that you came here. Maybe you should apply at swoop and then go on about how WJ pilots screwed you over!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Bruh, do you even read my posts? I am pro Jazz. I am happy here, I knew what I was signing... and it worked out just fine for me.

Doesn't mean we can't try to make it better. I'm not going to be on FO payscale anymore come next week. But that doesn't mean I won't push to make things better for those that come after me.

In regards to the Sr members, any time anyone brings up contract related issues I constantly hear "well you don't know how bad we had it, AC screwed us over, blah blah blah." There are so many pilots at Jazz who are still living in the past and REFUSE to admit there are significant steps we need to take to make our contract better for the new members who join. It's not 2015 anymore, the ball should be in our court but for some reason it's not. The MEC is as silent as ever and great at deflecting when asked questions in meetings. It's easy to be blind to it and say there is no issue when you're not a Table 1 pilot, have a DB pension, J class upgrades etc. Again, I knew what I was signing on for but that DOES NOT mean we can't fight to make it better.

Put some of these Sr guys on Table 1, and take away their J upgrades and DB pension and you can be fucking guaranteed things would change very quickly.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Hey Jazz guys. This is a Westjet section, if you wanna post Westjetty things that's fine, but if you wanna masturbate to Jazz, then do it in the Jazz section.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Alcoholism wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm Hey Jazz guys. This is a Westjet section, if you wanna post Westjetty things that's fine, but if you wanna masturbate to Jazz, then do it in the Jazz section.
I did post something Westjetty, I told Hans to apply to swoop. Sometimes things change direction for a bit, you don’t own AvCanada, do like I do, skip through a post I don’t care to read problem solved.
BTW, I don’t think Westjetty applies anymore, at least not what that used to mean.
Blacktusk, congratulations on your upgrade, my comments were directed at hans, although I suppose you agreed with him.
I am one of those pilots who is on table 1 who missed the cutoff and no longer have C2 passes, well 2 or 4 a year, I never use them so I don’t know. I am also very soon going to be on table 2 when I turn down AC, guess what I signed up for it so you’ll never hear me bitch and moan about it, I knew the risk and put my name on the list, other than pension and upgrades on DH, behind every single AC employee who started last week FYI, what do I have you don’t, so don’t give me that shit. I’ve lost things as well.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm
Alcoholism wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 pm Hey Jazz guys. This is a Westjet section, if you wanna post Westjetty things that's fine, but if you wanna masturbate to Jazz, then do it in the Jazz section.
I did post something Westjetty, I told Hans to apply to swoop.
Alcoholism: Are you drunk again? Swoop is just as far away from Westjetty, as Jazz is, and yes, mbav8r did tell me to apply at Swoop. I will if everyone else turns me down. I gotta stop being myself in interviews. I don't know how I ended up fooling Jazz. All those years up North in the freezing cold turned my passion and love (aviation) into an epic disappointment!

Das ist mir wurst...
Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

HansDietrich wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 pm Alcoholism: Are you drunk again?
Yes

And for all the doom and gloom, Swoop will be flown by Westjet pilots, just a lil game by ol GS. The bottle told me so.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 pm
I did post something Westjetty, I told Hans to apply to swoop. Sometimes things change direction for a bit, you don’t own AvCanada, do like I do, skip through a post I don’t care to read problem solved.
BTW, I don’t think Westjetty applies anymore, at least not what that used to mean.
Blacktusk, congratulations on your upgrade, my comments were directed at hans, although I suppose you agreed with him.
I am one of those pilots who is on table 1 who missed the cutoff and no longer have C2 passes, well 2 or 4 a year, I never use them so I don’t know. I am also very soon going to be on table 2 when I turn down AC, guess what I signed up for it so you’ll never hear me bitch and moan about it, I knew the risk and put my name on the list, other than pension and upgrades on DH, behind every single AC employee who started last week FYI, what do I have you don’t, so don’t give me that shit. I’ve lost things as well.
I'd say DB pension and DH upgrades are something? Not to mention you having the opportunity to "turn down AC."

2 or 4 C2 passes are still more than my zero. I do actually use my passes and a C2 would have helped me when I got bumped in Frankfurt.

And thanks I'm looking forward to making a living wage, finally.
The quick upgrades won't be here forever, I feel bad for those who will have to wait years only to drop to year one on the Captain list. I count myself very lucky.

Greenbastard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Greenbastard »

For the pilots who are thinking about leaving a good job for Swoop, the Wj pilots and WJ management have a very large disagreement in the hiring of pilots at Swoop. The pilots are backed by their previous (WJPA) agreement and ALPA. This dispute will be contested with the utmost vigor. The Intial Swoop roster will be entirely different than the eventual Swoop roster after the full process is complete.

Just Sayin.

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

DropTanks wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm Westjet doesn't control the seniority list. We do. ...
That's a good point DropTanks.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Greenbastard wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:44 pm For the pilots who are thinking about leaving a good job for Swoop, the Wj pilots and WJ management have a very large disagreement in the hiring of pilots at Swoop. The pilots are backed by their previous (WJPA) agreement and ALPA. This dispute will be contested with the utmost vigor. The Intial Swoop roster will be entirely different than the eventual Swoop roster after the full process is complete.

Just Sayin.

This guy right here....

Called the exact outcome way back on January 20th

Well done

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

Mostly Harmless wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:48 am Image

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. In this case, WestJet's executives have decided the airline they want run is Air Canada under Robert Milton. We all saw it. Why anyone would want to go there is something I don't understand. Bankruptcy, penny stock prices, a demoralized workforce and a public who would do anything rather than fly on Air Canada... an attitude that opened the door for WestJet's very existence.
Ok, I missed that someone else was a BSG fan. Are you one of the 6's?

Mostly Harmless
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mostly Harmless »

More of a Saul Tigh

I would like to spend some quality time with the 6's and 8's.

Return to “WestJet”