A Thankyou to ACPA re: swoop ban.

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: A Thankyou to ACPA re: swoop ban.

Post by '97 Tercel »

What a mess WJ is....time to short some stock..
---------- ADS -----------

Ah_yeah
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ah_yeah »

sportingrifle wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:56 pm 0.80...

ACPA is correct, in that AC management can, and will, hire whomever they want. But in this case, not hiring from SWOOP may just work for them.

A month ago there were 338 pilot applications at AC from current WJ pilots. If AC were to hire from WJ instead of SWOOP, it would achieve a number of beneficial outcomes for Big Red. 1) They would be hiring well trained experienced 737 pilots with line experience while simultaneously creating increased training and crewing costs for their competitor. 2) The new hired line experienced 737 pilots would also be a help in getting their own 737 operation up and running. 3) By not hiring from SWOOP, without ever having said they wouldn't, people would soon figure out that applying to SWOOP limited their options at Big Red. This in turn might make it a bit harder for their competitor to get SWOOP up and running. 4) And after not hiring from SWOOP, ACPA would owe them a favor that they could call at the opportune time. The downside for AC? - Can't really think of one. Stranger things have happened.
While I'm not aware of the amount of WJA applications at AC, acquiring that calibre of experience would be a coup for AC. Also, given the on-going retirements out west it could be a good fit for many applicants. As far as ACPA is concerned, lip service is our strong point.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

PROC_HDG wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm Sorry, you're suggesting that the ACPA pilots reduced to Zip should have quit instead of accept the lower wages? In an industry where just having a job was a godsend?

I think you're completely out of touch.

PROC_HDG
You can think whatever you like about me.

You've given yourself the ability to justify one group of pilots accepting lower WAWCON while condemning another group for doing the same.

Have it your way. Which appears to be both ways.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

telex wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm
PROC_HDG wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 pm Sorry, you're suggesting that the ACPA pilots reduced to Zip should have quit instead of accept the lower wages? In an industry where just having a job was a godsend?

I think you're completely out of touch.

PROC_HDG
You can think whatever you like about me.

You've given yourself the ability to justify one group of pilots accepting lower WAWCON while condemning another group for doing the same.

Have it your way. Which appears to be both ways.
Have it your way... "Plain stupid"...

yyc757
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yyc757 »

Hey Telex,

Your company wants to hire me to take your job. They are offering me less then your pay but I'll take it. If you are an FO with 8 years in and just about to upgrade "too bad so sad" because I'm going take take your left seat.

If you don't don't understand this I hear they are auditioning for the star role in Forrest Gump 2.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

yyc757 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:06 pm Hey Telex,

Your company wants to hire me to take your job. They are offering me less then your pay but I'll take it. If you are an FO with 8 years in and just about to upgrade "too bad so sad" because I'm going take take your left seat.

If you don't don't understand this I hear they are auditioning for the star role in Forrest Gump 2.
Hahahaha! Run telex... run...

Some don't think it's as funny as you do to mock physical disability and marginal intelligence these days. Just a thought.

They say a parallel rarely (if ever) can be used to demonstrate a point better than the point itself.

The company that employs me does not want to hire you to take my job. You are not qualified to do my job.

The company has not offered you any pay let alone a position. However, you are welcome to sign any contract for any pay that you deem acceptable. It won't affect my contract.

I am not an "FO with 8 years in and just about to upgrade "too bad so sad" because I'm going take take your left seat" but you do whatever you need to do.

See how parallels can fail to convey a point?

I assume you're an adult but your childish and grossly misdirected angst is scattered and ineffective.

Your issue is with your employer and certainly not me. I don't care about your eight years in the right seat avoiding disasters and saving lives everyday. I don't care if you get an upgrade. You created your situation. You did. I had nothing to do with your decisions that resulted in where you are now.

Let me test the avcanda labour commission's mood today. Pilot A makes a personal decision to accept lower wawcon as it's better that the alternative. Pilot B makes a personal decision to accept lower wawcon as it's better than the alternative. Which one is the real scab?!

yyc757 I just helped your cause. I didn't apply at Swoop. Am I still welcome in your union?

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

You're still missing the point telex.

ALPA is standing up for their guys and fighting something that will hurt them through all available means. Why do you have a problem with that? I'd want my association to go to the wall for me too.

You're right to the extent that the beef is with the employer, but it doesn't stop there.

groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

It is quite remarkable people like Telex exist, or appear to at least. Im hoping "troll" but not holding my breath.

I can only assume this mindsight is the large minority. I hope

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:47 am You're still missing the point telex.

ALPA is standing up for their guys and fighting something that will hurt them through all available means. Why do you have a problem with that? I'd want my association to go to the wall for me too.

You're right to the extent that the beef is with the employer, but it doesn't stop there.
I support you blacklisting anyone and everyone you see fit. But apply the same brush to all.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

I’m dumbfounded how somebody can miss a point that is so well explained over and over.

Soixante-Neuf
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Soixante-Neuf »

WJMECACPCALetterOfSupport.pdf
(223.83 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Letter of Support to WJ Pilots from ACPA

Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maritimer »

Am I the only one that understands that the “blacklist” is not a threat at the pilots per se that apply to Swoop but rather a way to actually encourage WJ management to have at least one conversation with us first. I mean really, let’s at least have a discussion first.

I believe WJ management does want the WPDL flying Swoop planes but they don’t want us doing it at our wages. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a shake. (Just my .02)

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Maritimer wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:43 pm I believe WJ management does want the WPDL flying Swoop planes but they don’t want us doing it at our wages. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their head a shake. (Just my .02)
But who, in their right mind is going to do that? Take a pay cut from your current position to help out your employer while they go after the low-end of your customer base. How many mainline guys went to help Encore start out (and that was on different machinery...)

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!

Return to “WestJet”