WHY SO MUCH HATE AGAINST SWOOP??

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: WHY SO MUCH HATE AGAINST SWOOP??

Post by RidersRule »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:47 am
Flyingsquirrelsuck wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:44 pm
NewCommercialPilot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 am

Hold on now. Let's not re-write history to favour how you felt things went down.

Step 1: WestJet declares it will set up an ULCC arm.

Step 2: WJPA and WJ engaged in high level talks at determining wages for the Swoop pilots. Parity between WJ and Swoop pilots was mentioned by the WJPA. WJ leadership did not protest. All appearances are that the agreed wage rate would have been very close to mainline.

Step 3: WJ pilots (61.3%) decide they do not want a collaborative relationship between the company and the pilots and certify with ALPA. They want black and white period. Everything contractual. Everything per the rules.

Step 4: WJ pilots (61.3%) get the non-collaborative relationship results they sought. They are frozen out of the Swoop flight deck, with no way to get in.

Step 5: WJ pilots (61.3%), encouraged by ALPA, now are upset by the results of THEIR OWN ACTIONS. WJ pilots (61.3%, maybe more), now realize that life ain't fair.

How's that? That clear things up for you?
Just to add to your post.

91% our of 95% vote in favour of a strike mandate.

Saying that the WJPA were “involved” in high level talks with management is misleading. Saying both sides agreed to Swoop wages that would be close to Westjet mainline wages is a complete lie!

There was NO information passed onto the pilot group concerning wages or working conditions until several months after certification.

61.3% of pilots voted for a change of representation. It was the company that changed the relationship.

The old relationship was full of lies and a complete loss of accountability on managements side along with the WJPA.

Rules are good. It holds both sides accountable.

Stop lying John. You are a minority in the pilot group now.
Whatever Greg. I hope you find some happiness.
I’m not sure why those of us that don’t bend over to the company are seen as not “happy”. We just want better for our pilot group at the company. I am more then happy with ALPA, in fact so thankful that the WJPA isn’t negotiating us through these turbulent times.

By the looks of it, I am going to see about a 40% raise thanks to ALPA, but, as I’ve said all along....the devils in the arbitrators details.

I just had a awesome opening day at the cabin. Deck is cleaned up, golf cart tuned up, fire tonight with the wife and Kids. Tomorrow buddies are showing up to roll my boat lift in, I’ll pay them with Pilsner, then we’ll watch the Riders destroy Montreal.

Don’t confuse us WestJet pilots being upset with Swoop as if we’re some angry group of people who hate life. If that’s the case you need to get out more.
---------- ADS -----------

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

RidersRule wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Saying that the WJPA were “involved” in high level talks with management is misleading. Saying both sides agreed to Swoop wages that would be close to Westjet mainline wages is a complete lie!

There was NO information passed onto the pilot group concerning wages or working conditions until several months after certification.

61.3% of pilots voted for a change of representation. It was the company that changed the relationship.

The old relationship was full of lies and a complete loss of accountability on managements side along with the WJPA.

I’m not sure why those of us that don’t bend over to the company are seen as not “happy”. We just want better for our pilot group at the company. I am more then happy with ALPA, in fact so thankful that the WJPA isn’t negotiating us through these turbulent times.

By the looks of it, I am going to see about a 40% raise thanks to ALPA, but, as I’ve said all along....the devils in the arbitrators details.

I just had a awesome opening day at the cabin. Deck is cleaned up, golf cart tuned up, fire tonight with the wife and Kids. Tomorrow buddies are showing up to roll my boat lift in, I’ll pay them with Pilsner, then we’ll watch the Riders destroy Montreal.

Don’t confuse us WestJet pilots being upset with Swoop as if we’re some angry group of people who hate life. If that’s the case you need to get out more.
I agree. I’m happy and most folk I meet on the line are quite happy and anxious for the CBA to show up.
The only hatred and bitterness I see is from people that didn’t want ALPA at WS, and now they are secretly thankful from the strong stance and representation we have got from them especially in the last month and a half. ALPA, just like life, is only as good as you make it. A good MEC makes for good representation.

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 am

Hold on now. Let's not re-write history to favour how you felt things went down.

Step 1: WestJet declares it will set up an ULCC arm.

Step 2: WJPA and WJ engaged in high level talks at determining wages for the Swoop pilots. Parity between WJ and Swoop pilots was mentioned by the WJPA. WJ leadership did not protest. All appearances are that the agreed wage rate would have been very close to mainline.

Step 3: WJ pilots (61.3%) decide they do not want a collaborative relationship between the company and the pilots and certify with ALPA. They want black and white period. Everything contractual. Everything per the rules.

Step 4: WJ pilots (61.3%) get the non-collaborative relationship results they sought. They are frozen out of the Swoop flight deck, with no way to get in.

Step 5: WJ pilots (61.3%), encouraged by ALPA, now are upset by the results of THEIR OWN ACTIONS. WJ pilots (61.3%, maybe more), now realize that life ain't fair.

How's that? That clear things up for you?

Don’t worry about me John, I’m perfectly fine.

Fiction vs non-fiction. Lies vs truth. I’m not interested in personal attacks, I leave people’s history out of the discussion...it has no place.

Facts and accountability. We all know what has happened to the “relationship” between the pilot group and management. The company HAS acted in bad faith, and the pilot group has showed its resolve.

I’m proud of our pilots that took the personal and professional risk and fought against this companies ideology.

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

“Don’t worry about me John, I’m perfectly fine“
Your one angry dude dub G.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Hey Greg, I'm not worried about you. I know you'll get it figured out so that the commute/work/life balance is where you need it to be. Myself I've always had a problem with the balance. Part of the time I'm working working working, and then there's times like now, where I've worked 3 days since May 16 and I'm blowing high dough on fun fun fun. July is equally irresponsible with 4 days of work scheduled, but an outstanding amount of awesomeness on deck including a return to competitive wingsuiting, and some low cliff BASE jump training in Idaho.

Anyway Greg, I have nothing personal against you or your wife, or anyone for that matter. We're all just doing our job and trying to get life figured out., with some doing the typical airline pilot whining routine. If you have something personal against me, well, that sounds like your problem, not mine.

Return to “WestJet”