Swoop to join ALPA

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

skybaron
Rank 4
Rank 4

Swoop to join ALPA

Post by skybaron »

For all upcoming applicants outside the Teal Crystal Palace (WJ/WJE), should you be considering to cross over to the Pink Side Show - then consider unionizing yourselves.

Obviously there’s numerous strategies going on trying to get pilots to battle each other at WJ (as have most airlines have done in the past), but, we must realize that the tables have truly turned on a global level, and we have never been in a better spot for nationwide representation.

Hold steady, take a deep breath, and try not to feed the corporate beast. But if you must, and feel that becoming a Swoopster is in your best interest (whatever you may convince yourself that it may be), then - UNIONIZE to stand together.
---------- ADS -----------

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Swoop to join ALPA

Post by Air.Field »

I don't think Swoop will need WJer's to go over and set up shop there. Given the pay and imaginable working conditions, the pilots from where ever they come from that go to Swoop will soon have it unionized. Likely won't be ALPA given the blacklist, but none the less, what airline managements aren't realizing is that finally we Canadian pilots are starting to get organized and our $hit together. We're still miles behind, but I think we've finally awoken.

LEVELCHANGE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LEVELCHANGE »

Yeah, unionize so that ALPA can make the same mess for you!

All I have seen is a bunch of people in the MEC who think they know what they are talking about, occasionally make fools of themselves when they do open their mouth in public and are full of lies. I include strategically leaving out critical information in "just the facts" as lies...

Yes, Swoop can be part of this too!

What a mess.

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

I'm not LEVELCHANGE.

And I'm not alone.

Dizzy D
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dizzy D »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 am I'm not LEVELCHANGE.

And I'm not alone.
LEVELCHANGE wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:07 am Yeah, unionize so that ALPA can make the same mess for you!

All I have seen is a bunch of people in the MEC who think they know what they are talking about, occasionally make fools of themselves when they do open their mouth in public and are full of lies. I include strategically leaving out critical information in "just the facts" as lies...

Yes, Swoop can be part of this too!

What a mess.
It seems in these situations that the minority appears to have a loud voice. You folks (NCP and levelchange) don’t represent the majority, and remember, the union was voted in by the pilots.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

NCP and LEVELCHANGE,

I will give you the benefit of the doubt on your intent. It’s natural that people see things in different ways.

What your seeing right now is a manufactured crisis. It will pass and no one is going to die. Management wants you to feel as if the world is coming to an end and panic.

Whether you agree with the direction taken by your pilot group or not, it is far more important right now not to stir fear and anxiety.

It could make the end result far worse.

This is simply about how much they can get out of you at Swoop.

Return to “WestJet”