Halifax-Paris and Gatwick

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Halifax-Paris and Gatwick

Post by CaptainHaddock »

I guess the engines on the Max can squeeze out a few more miles, opening up the ever expanding world of a 737 driver. Now you can operate Hawaii, Liberia, Whitehorse, Paris if you so desire-pretty cool.
I wonder if AC will match the routes?. Great time to travel out of eastern Canada if they do.

Hopefully NCP won’t hijack and over run this forum as he did the WJPA’s in the last days by posting craploads of empty fishing topics.

The Swoop issue is a big one and the outcome will be decided by westjet management, Westjet pilots (with ALPA’s backing) and the CIRB’s legal framework in time for better or worse (I am hoping for better). It’s good to zoom out on the focus and see a lot of good going on with WestJet. New aircraft, routes, and still a lot of good people to spend the day flying with.

It’s easy to divide (NCP) and go down a rabbit hole of ‘what if’s’, ‘if we had it would be better’,and ‘their out to get us’,etc. From what I understand the real negotiations haven’t even really started. And thankfully there IS a legal framework and checks and balances for the process, where it was heavily weighted in managements favour before.

Peace out

PS; maybe a separate forum for NCP and his alternate handles instead of a separate Swoop forum?
---------- ADS -----------

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Halifax-Paris and Gatwick

Post by .80@410 »

CaptainHaddock wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:41 pm
Peace out

PS; maybe a separate forum for NCP and his alternate handles instead of a separate Swoop forum?
Lol. That was funny.
But overall a good post.

The CIRB and ALPA will reign in WJ management . It's just a process. Ultimately good things will come and NCP will be stymied yet again. The hardest thing is to keep patient but there is an action plan in place.
---------- ADS -----------

Just callin it like it is.

Return to “WestJet”