Let's all apply at Swoop!

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Let's all apply at Swoop!

Post by tailgunner »

Just thinking, what if we all applied at Swoop? I'm thinking if their HR department receives 1000 applications for aircrew, books interviews, and everybody NO-SHOWS.....might be a bit of fun....
Of course, we could all be lucky and meet NCP in person, because if he is a man of integrity, he will have already applied for his WJ LOA.....
Cheers.
---------- ADS -----------

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Let's all apply at Swoop!

Post by AvifiskAlly »

tailgunner wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am Just thinking, what if we all applied at Swoop? I'm thinking if their HR department receives 1000 applications for aircrew, books interviews, and everybody NO-SHOWS.....might be a bit of fun....
Of course, we could all be lucky and meet NCP in person, because if he is a man of integrity, he will have already applied for his WJ LOA.....
Cheers.
And that is why pilots have a bad name

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Are you worried about what the HR department at Swoop thinks about pilots? Their terms of employment, and their salary offerings already tells you what they think about pilots.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

AvifiskAlly wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:00 am
tailgunner wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am Just thinking, what if we all applied at Swoop? I'm thinking if their HR department receives 1000 applications for aircrew, books interviews, and everybody NO-SHOWS.....might be a bit of fun....
Cheers.
And that is why pilots have a bad name
..... no need to put lipstick on the pig then, why start now

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

tailgunner wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 am Are you worried about what the HR department at Swoop thinks about pilots? Their terms of employment, and their salary offerings already tells you what they think about pilots.

Do you think they care if they get 1000 applicants 10,000, 100,000, they will have no problem filling their cockpits with professional pilots that dont play games. If you want the job apply and go if they give you an offer. If you don't dont apply - let's try and keep some level of respect in our profession.

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Does this mean 1 pay scale or 2 different ones that you can switch between?
He said WestJet is negotiating with the Air Line Pilots Association, International, the union that won the right to represent WestJet pilots last year, to maintain one seniority list for all of its pilots, thus allowing pilots to move from one brand to another without losing pay and seniority rights. Under the current contract, pilots can take a leave of absence to try flying for Swoop and still return to their old jobs, he said.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... spartandhp

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

teacher wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm Does this mean 1 pay scale or 2 different ones that you can switch between?
He said WestJet is negotiating with the Air Line Pilots Association, International, the union that won the right to represent WestJet pilots last year, to maintain one seniority list for all of its pilots, thus allowing pilots to move from one brand to another without losing pay and seniority rights. Under the current contract, pilots can take a leave of absence to try flying for Swoop and still return to their old jobs, he said.
This is exactly how movement between AC and Rouge is managed. Pilots at Rouge are on an LOA from AC.

Two separate working conditions and pay scales exist.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

AvifiskAlly wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am
tailgunner wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:12 am Are you worried about what the HR department at Swoop thinks about pilots? Their terms of employment, and their salary offerings already tells you what they think about pilots.

Do you think they care if they get 1000 applicants 10,000, 100,000, they will have no problem filling their cockpits with professional pilots that dont play games. If you want the job apply and go if they give you an offer. If you don't dont apply - let's try and keep some level of respect in our profession.
If you think there is any shred of professionalism in our profession, you are clearly in a fantasy world where you are the only one being deceived. Same applies to each individual foolish enough to swallow that. That is why we "professionals" in Canada lag behind the rest of the world. good job though... not even close

teacher
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by teacher »

Fanblade wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 pm
teacher wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:44 pm Does this mean 1 pay scale or 2 different ones that you can switch between?
This is exactly how movement between AC and Rouge is managed. Pilots at Rouge are on an LOA from AC.

Two separate working conditions and pay scales exist.
OK so Rouge style, 2 types of working conditions but 1 list. And to think, ACPA is trying to close the gap (albeit slowly) if not eliminate it between Rouge and Mainline.

https://eresonatemedia.com/
https://bambaits.ca/
https://youtube.com/channel/UCWit8N8YCJSvSaiSw5EWWeQ
NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

tailgunner wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:55 am Of course, we could all be lucky and meet NCP in person, because if he is a man of integrity, he will have already applied for his WJ LOA.....
Cheers.
With ALPA's threat on the table WRT seniority list construction at mainline, my integrity will have to take a back seat to self preservation.

And you know what? I'm ok with that.

(A quick update on the Android App I'm building for the Moverio BT-300...it's going great! I'm hoping to have an airworthy HUD for wingsuiting ready by mid April!)

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

Alcoholism wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 pm
AvifiskAlly wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am

If you think there is any shred of professionalism in our profession, you are clearly in a fantasy world where you are the only one being deceived. Same applies to each individual foolish enough to swallow that. That is why we "professionals" in Canada lag behind the rest of the world. good job though... not even close
Sadly I think you are correct, I was hoping for a bit of respect for each other but............. I guess that is also too much to ask for. Also sadly the OP is probably not the bottom of the barrel

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

I just ask that anyone that is applying think long and hard about what you are about to do to this industry in Canada. It's been mentioned already but just take a look at Jetstar and Qantas. We are trying to make forward steps in this career and if GGG gets what he wants we will get pushed back decades. I'm sorry to say but I think for a lot of guys it will be hard to look at the swoop pilots with respect. Basically, it is devaluing the jobs at AC and WJ. If you think the short-term gain (and I do mean short term) just to get a left seat is worth it then you are sadly mistaken. In 10 years you will be asking yourself "Hey why am I making less now than what a WJ captain made 10 years ago". Take it from the guys that have been down this road and learn from others mistakes instead of making your own.

Rupert.Pupkin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rupert.Pupkin »

Anyone that goes to Swoop is a scab and hopefully will be treated like one by the rest of us. I know I’ll do my part.

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

“Professional “ and pilots “ that don’t play games “ do not undercut the careers of others for their own short term gain. Those who accept employment at Swoop have exposed themselves.
Cheers

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I think most pilots outside WJ don't really care

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

"Pilot recruitment is progressing well, Saretsky said, adding his preference is to allow pilots from WestJet and WestJet Encore to seek promotions with the new airline."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4009379/west ... ne-flyers/

Take a promotion at Swoop? What is he smoking?

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Johnny,
That is not true at all. Let’s just say that the sentiment within our ranks holds a very poor view of anyone taking Swoop positions. It hasn’t been confirmed, but as far as I know, Swoop pilots will be persona non grata with regards to any reciprocal jump seats etc..
Our leadership has already publicly stated our support for WJ pilots, furthermore, ACPA has stated it’s push for a no -hire policy from Swoop.
Cheers

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

ACPA said that? If so, sweet!

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

The letter has been posted on this site on one of the relevant threads..

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm
Take a promotion at Swoop? What is he smoking?
He means WestJet FO's taking Captain spots for Swoop or Encore pilots are getting 737 spots.

Return to “WestJet”