China_CAAC's Merged Threads

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

Post by lostaviator »

Can Swoop Pilots even sit in the WJ jumpiest? (And vice versa). Different OC, different TC policies. Though we haven’t received direct communication from our management, I think the CSA’s internal flow chart days they cannot occupy our jumpiest.
---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

lostaviator wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 am Can Swoop Pilots even sit in the WJ jumpiest? (And vice versa). Different OC, different TC policies. Though we haven’t received direct communication from our management, I think the CSA’s internal flow chart days they cannot occupy our jumpiest.
Why not? Jazz, GGN, SKR and AC can all sit in each other's jump seats. All separate OCs with different company policies.

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be able to, or getting into the scab debate: I’m just saying the COM doesn’t support/allow it.

Encore wasn’t able to sit in WJ jumpseats for the first few months, and a few years for transborder.

The direction to CSA’s has been Swoop Pilots can NOT occupy a WJ jumpseat, but just as it was with the encore situation, not all csa’s keep track of this and try and give us jumpseats we legally can’t take. (They still to this day try and give us Encore Fa’s in 737 Fa jumpseats). We are the ones ultimately responsible for operating within the law.

Perhaps it’s been changed, but at last reading, Swoop wasn’t mentioned in the list of approved jumpseats occupants.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

Perhaps jumpseat is of little consequence, and the bigger issue is the vendetta against a few pilots and the crusade to "punt" them out of their seats at whatever bargaining cost to the group; that is the real concern!

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: alpa hidden agenda

Post by The Tenth Man »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:14 am I'm thinking JetBlue pilots wouldn't approve of WestJet pilots who applied long after they were able to join not being responsible for past dues, while JetBlue pilots who didn't apply right away would be responsible for past dues. Come to think of it, it makes sense. Why not wait as long as you can to join and avoid the dues.

In any case, look at the screenshot and let me know what you think. I think #37 has a hotline to the ALPA inner sanctum so maybe he can figure out this situation.

Ergo, Uncle H., will WJ pilots have to pay back dues to ALPA? And if not, are the happy not happy JetBlue pilots okay with the double standard? What does ALPA's constitution say?

Later bater.

WP2K
It does seem funny that the Canada Board - President Elect still hasn't paid any dues to ALPA. Is that normal? I mean, the membership not paying I can sort of understand, but the Canada Board - President?

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

hurtin'albertan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 am WeedPro/NCP/Rotten Apple/etc:

Get informed before you spout bullsh!t to stir the pot...

Canada, betch. Different rules than the US. If you had the smarts to actually be an ALPA member you would have gotten this in the fastread yesterday:

"ALPA Grants WestJet Pilots their 4th Quarter Budget
As you know WestJet pilots are not currently paying dues and will not be until we have ratified a collective agreement. There have been questions about whether ALPA is just loaning us the money to operate, essentially leaving us in considerable debt. This is not the case. We have been operating on a budget developed by MEC and the ALPA Finance Department that is similar in size to what we expect once we do begin paying dues. We are pleased to let everyone know our fourth-quarter expenditures came in well under budget. Also, those funds have been granted to the WJA MEC, leaving our pilot group in a debt-free position. Our MEC does not owe any money to ALPA. The same process will be followed until we begin paying dues and we intend to continue to maintain a balanced budget at all times.
"
Ok, that's right, the MEC got approval from ALPA in Herndon for the WJ pilots not to have to pay dues until the CBA was put in place. As hurtin' albertan, shows here, the MEC had this issue under control.

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

In fact the OC had this matter clarified for the WJ pilots in during the certification drive:

With ALPA, you will not pay dues until the Association is formally certified and an agreement is in place...

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:01 pm In fact the OC had this matter clarified for the WJ pilots in during the certification drive:

With ALPA, you will not pay dues until the Association is formally certified and an agreement is in place...
Do you have a point or are you just conversing with yourself again?

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

LOU Proposal Nov 2, 2018

Post by The Tenth Man »

Has the new MEC indicated they will be presenting the LOU drafted by the previous MEC Chairman and previous Vice-Chairman to WJ management as was communicated Nov 2, 2018?

hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: LOU Proposal Nov 2, 2018

Post by hurtin'albertan »

China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:31 am Has the new MEC indicated they will be presenting the LOU drafted by the previous MEC Chairman and previous Vice-Chairman to WJ management as was communicated Nov 2, 2018?
Why don't you email a rep directly. As you well know ;) Avcanada is hardly the place to get accurate information about internal WJ business.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:31 am Has the new MEC indicated they will be presenting the LOU drafted by the previous MEC Chairman and previous Vice-Chairman to WJ management as was communicated Nov 2, 2018?
That is a good question!

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Attachments
Screenshot_20181117-074508_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20181117-074508_Google.jpg (330.68 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

There is not a new MEC. There is a new executive.

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

Bede wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:39 am There is not a new MEC. There is a new executive.
Quibbling over semantics, Francis? Wouldn't you rather answer the question posed in the thread title? In the absence of a clear reason for the sacking of the MEC chairman, it is a reasonable inference that his removal had something to do with his communication seven days prior in which he announced that the MEC would be approaching WJ soon with a proposed LOU regarding recognizing the seniority rights of WJE pilots "within the WestJet group."

Did the MEC have the authorization of the ALPA President to begin negotiating with WJ regarding a merger of the seniority lists of WJ and WJE pilots?

If as you say, the WJ MEC today is the same MEC as on November 2, 2018, then I would ask this question:

Does the WJ MEC intent to follow through its announced intention to present an LOU soon to WJ that will propose a merger of the seniority lists of WJ and WJE pilots?

hurtin' albertan, I think the 500 WJE pilots have an interest in knowing the intentions of the MEC. They are not members of the WJ ALPA bargaining unit and therefore not able to access the WJ MEC nor any of the WJ LEC's. As a non-member of ALPA, I am in the same boat. As a pilot at WJ, I do have a clear interest in knowing how the MEC plans to address the issues surrounding the WPDL legacy.

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: The End of the WPDL Confirmed

Post by The Tenth Man »

DropTanks wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 am I’ll give you a clue as to why the WPDL wasn’t mentioned.....it’s because it’s not even in question.

For the smart people in the room: WJ will have a seniority list, Encore will have a list and the two will be tied together by DOH via a LOU. There you go. Now run along and let the grown ups talk.
Ah, DropTanks, I see. Five months ago you thought the seniority lists could be "tied together". What is this nebulous concept, "tied together"? Did you mean that the two seniority lists would be "merged"? Or that the definition of seniority in the impending CBA was going to go against 62 years of ALPA precedent (and Executive Board policy)? Or did you mean that something other than seniority would be used for promotion etc, once again in defiance of 62 year old ALPA precedent (and Executive Board policy)? What did you mean?

A refusal to explain what you meant could be used to arrive at an adverse inference, meaning you have no answer and that "tied together" meant nothing achievable.

Cheers,

John

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

Then there are the people who when asked a direct question, just ignore the question. I get it. You have no answer.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

DropTanks wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:19 am
China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:36 am Then there are the people who when asked a direct question, just ignore the question. I get it. You have no answer.
My answer...”There are FOUR LIGHTS!!!”
And your answer as to what "tied together" means, as it applies to the two seniority lists?

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “WestJet”