Highest Pay

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Highest paid

Post by lostaviator »

CEO salary as % of company revenue
WestJet 0.09%
Air Canada 0.04%
Delta 0.03%
Southwest 0.05%
American 0.03%

CEO dollar earned per passenger
WestJet 0.19
Air Canada 0.20
Delta 0.07
Southwest 0.07
American 0.06

CEO salary as percentage of total employee salaries
WestJet 0.49
Air Canada 0.35
Delta 0.13
Southwest 0.16
American 0.10

CEO salary per tail in fleet
WestJet $27,871
Air Canada $23,620
Delta $14,601
Southwest $15,691
American $12.025

Adjusting our Canadian CEO's total compensation to reflect the average American CEO compensation averaged over the 4 examples I provided would result in total compensation of:
WJ: $1,694,729 (current: $4,264,400)
Air Canada: $5,169,522 (current: $8,999,225)

Of course this isn't how salaries are calculated, but it paints a pretty good picture.

But remember, it's not appropriate for us pilots to compare ourselves to our higher paid friends down south.

* CEO salaries taken from bloomberg and traffic/employee statistics from 2016 annual report.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by lostaviator on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Highest paid

Post by seriousflyer »

Wow!

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I don’t know why but the figure that strikes me the most is the pay per passenger. I would love to sit in my beach chair with a pina colada, sun shades on, at the catsa security screening. Then just say “cha-ching” and point at every passenger I see knowing I make 20 cents each one. That’s uge! So uge! 8)

showmethemoney$
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by showmethemoney$ »

You should crunch those numbers for Ajay Vermani the Cargojet owner and CEO, that guy is making a killing. He would blow those ratios out of the water. :rolleyes:

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Very eye opening but it’s Canada where politicians fill their pockets off the working class taxpayer and CEOs do the same off the backs of their work force. The US is looking better all the time! :roll:

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Oh, sure. US CEO's are regular saints. And US politicians aren't "filling their pockets off working class taxpayers". :roll:

What are the US airline CEO's current salaries? Stats are fine and all, but who cares about percentages when it's total compensation that matters...I kinda doubt the CEO's of Delta/American are making less total bank than the guys at WestJet/Air Canada...and they make it in USD, with far less tax to boot.

We're funny in Canada...love to hate on the Americans, but when we think we can use them to try and make some pointless comparison we're quite happy to use them... :mrgreen:
I would love to sit in my beach chair with a pina colada, sun shades on, at the catsa security screening. Then just say “cha-ching” and point at every passenger I see knowing I make 20 cents each one.
I know you're probably kidding, but if you think this is what CEO's do it goes a long ways to explaining the class envy and greed in Canada...hahah!

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

complexintentions wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm Oh, sure. US CEO's are regular saints. And US politicians aren't "filling their pockets off working class taxpayers". :roll:
It was tongue in cheek and any time I get a chance to bash politicians I take it. :wink:
But... this thread shows how far apart upper management and working class stiffs are in Canadian aviation. I would also assume Canadian airline senior executives teams are pulling in a very high percentage while trying to push down the workers compensation.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Who cares.

Instead of trying to tear others towers down, work on building your own.

Demand a wage fitting your responsibilities, take it or leave it and let the free market decide.

I really don't give a crap what the CEO or the janitor makes.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Highest Pay

Post by North Shore »

Ta ta, indeed. As you were...and please try to keep things civilized!

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Highest Pay

Post by 3down&loct »

"You should crunch those numbers for Ajay Vermani the Cargojet owner and CEO, that guy is making a killing. He would blow those ratios out of the water."

And he is one of the most vocal against the new Duty Regs.

Return to “WestJet”